Lets get fair dinkum about Kosi!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
st.byron wrote:[

you started addressing posts to me in this thread...you called me a liar...you don't consider that insulting...f*** off.....
mate I called you a liar because you are one. I gave you the evidence and it's there on page one of this thread for all to see. You can deny it all you like, the fact is there.
I didn''t call you anything else, apart from abusive, which you also are.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:No stinger, I don't insult posters and wouldn't dare try to insult you (oh great footballer, who can get plenty of kicks).

I do have a go at Saints players that don't perform to the level expected of them.

I also give credit where credit is due.

Some on here think that the amount Kosi is paid has no bearing on whether he is performing well enough or not.

Personally, I think it has a lot to do with it.
What are the up and coming kids on the list to think if they see one of the highest paid players on the list doing SFA?

Kosi was a captain of this club and performed admirably in the position.
Today he is not living up to his potential or the standard expected of someone of his experience.

I really feel it would be better for Justin and the St Kilda Football Club to part ways at the end of the season.

Hopefully we can go on and win the big one.

where have i claimed to be a great footballer????.

your not trying to be clever...or nasty now are you...????..not that that is relevant.....ffs..my footballing credentials, that is.....you can have your views...free country...but if you want to call a player who did his best on the day ..lazy...then i will have an issue wth you......talk trade crap when we still have a game to play...and i will have a go at you...just like i dd with that fat f*** robbo......to me you are the type of fair weather supprter that the club could do without.....my view ..you can disagree...i go to the footy and hear clowns in saints gear bitch and moan all through the game....probably the same arsewipes who do it on here...........

thankfully your views on kossi are irrelevant.....to me...the club...and kossi.......have a good night now..... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by stinger on Wed 10 Sep 2008 11:41pm, edited 1 time in total.

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
stinger wrote:
st.byron wrote:[

you started addressing posts to me in this thread...you called me a liar...you don't consider that insulting...f*** off.....
mate I called you a liar because you are one. I gave you the evidence and it's there on page one of this thread for all to see. You can deny it all you like, the fact is there.
I didn''t call you anything else, apart from abusive, which you also are.
for a start...i'm not your mate, ...your evidence is not worth sh!t...'cause it's wrong........pple who i think i aptly described have been throwing sh!t on kossi all over this forum......i don't really give a fat rats if you believe me or not.....and i care even less if you think i'm abusive.....so are you...

... you started the argument with me....i didn't address you...you stuck your nose in...as you have done in the past..........anyway...i'm not interested in entering into discussion with you.....

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

stinger, have you ever been to training?

I call Kosi lazy because that's what I see at training.
I'm a great believer in you play as you train, and the fact is Kosi is a very lazy trainer.

He rarely runs full pace (forget injuries, he's not injured).
Is half hearted in attempts to pick the ball up.
Sprays shots at goal all over the place, through lack of effort and lack of concentration.

It's not all his fault.
The coaches have a lot to answer for, for allowing him to get away with it.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
stinger
Saintsational Legend

been to training a couple of times...didn't notice that....but then according to you ..i know sfa about footy.....you.might mention to ross that you think that it is all his fault though..next time you attend......don't suppose he will get greatly upset.......unless you are leigh matthews ...or someone of equivalent stature......then i'm sure that he will smarten himself...and kossi up....quick smart......

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

I'm going to give my opinion on being critical of players performances. We have a right to an opinion. When we're being all defensive about criticism to our sacred Superstars lets not forget one thing.

Without us supporters THERE ARE NO PLAYERS. No club no nothing for that matter. 44 years I've been paying and contributing memberships amongst other things to this club.

Standing out in the wind and rain from Moorabbin to Kadinia Park week in week out suffering massive losses and heart ache while kids like kosi were sitting around me with their fathers cheering for the opposition.

I've been bleeding for this club long before any of these guys were around and will be still bleeding for it long after some go to other clubs and onto wherever else they end up in the future.

We may not be glamorous players or coaches but don't ever forget the importance we have to the club and without us they're nowhere.

So as far as I'm concerned Kosi, Hayes, Roo or whoever can piss off somewhere else if they're not contributing to gain this club a flag.

I'm getting too old and starting to worry that times going to run out for me. I don't have another 42 years to wait.
Last edited by Winmar7Fan on Thu 11 Sep 2008 12:28am, edited 1 time in total.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Geez it's a good thing we all barrack for the same team. Imagine if we disagreed.

It would make that particle thing atomisation machine black hole earth killing machine look like a firecracker!!

Is it just me or is stinger trying to be the 2008 SS version of B4E?

Every story must have at least one villian.

As for the topic at hand, Kosi. I worry for the chap. He has this big heavy Mr T necklace around his neck with the gold lettering POTENTIAL. Big reputation to fill.

I think he'd be the first to admit he's not living up to even 50% of his talent.

I really hope win or lose that this week, Kosi stands up to be counted.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Winmar7Fan wrote:I'm going to give my opinion on being critical of players performances. We have a right to an opinion. When we're being all defensive about criticism to our sacred Superstars lets not forget one thing.

Without us supporters THERE ARE NO PLAYERS. No club no nothing for that matter. 44 years I've been paying and contributing memberships amongst other things to this club.

Standing out in the wind and rain from Moorabbin to Kadinia Park week in week out suffering massive losses and heart ache while kids like kosi were sitting around me with there fathers cheering for the opposition.

I've been bleeding for this club long before any of these guys were around and will be still bleeding for it long after some go to other clubs and onto wherever else they end up in the future.

We may not be glamorous players or coaches but don't ever forget the importance we have to the club and without us they're nowhere.

So as far as I'm concerned Kosi, Hayes, Roo or whoever can piss off somewhere else if they're not contributing to gain this club a flag.

I'm getting too old and starting to worry that times going to run out for me. I don't have another 42 years to wait.

been there done that myself......for nearly sixty years......so i an appreciate your sentiments.....and i have even less time than you to waste..but who says that these guys have given up on getting us a flag

stinger
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote: Is it just me or is stinger trying to be the 2008 SS version of B4E?

now that really is insulting.......

on your lst sentiment , i agree entirely......

on the subject of the players...sure i will defend them...

and myself...from attack.......talking about attacks...

..not the first time you have had a go at me either..

have i ever insulted you....?????

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote: Is it just me or is stinger trying to be the 2008 SS version of B4E?

now that really is insulting.......

on your lst sentiment , i agree entirely......

on the subject of the players...sure i will defend them...

and myself...from attack.......talking about attacks...

..not the first time you have had a go at me either..

have i ever insulted you....?????
I didn't say I have ever been insulted by you. Nor did I insult you?

Making a casual observation, as is my want.

Like it or not, it's the way it looks to me at the moment. It used to be B4E involved in all the SS barneys, now it's you.

Not sure if that's deliberate or not.

Just an observation.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Winmar7Fan
Club Player

been there done that myself......for nearly sixty years......so i an appreciate your sentiments.....and i have even less time than you to waste..but who says that these guys have given up on getting us a flag[/quote]

I'm not saying that they've given up I'm just making the point about the offence and right to opinion of critisism for lack of performance.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:I had Kosi down as a fwd and am dissapointed this just hasnt worked.
me too. it goes down under "seemed right at the time".

ross came out and said recently that kosi's best position is ruck/forward and i believe it is just a matter of time and confidence for him to return to good form.

Saint Mik
Club Player

Needs to perform end of story.

This bloke needs to lead the way for others to follow.

Just hasnt done enough this year and the time is now to step up, I wont bag him because I love the bloke BUT time and time again he has let this side down with inconsistent performances that WILL cost us yet again this weekend if he doesnt get the best out of himself.

Said it before and I will say it again, he needs to deliver and the time is NOW.

We are talking about finals here where blokes reputations are won and lost, and for all the good games he has played over the years it will mean F*** ALL if he does not perform this weekend and he WILL be looked at IMO come seasons end.

This list has had so many chances and is on its last legs to deliver otherwise whats the farking point in being there just to have your pants pulled down year after year.

If we dont get a win this week I could not give a F*** who we keep and who we let go.

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
for a start...i'm not your mate, ...your evidence is not worth sh!t...'cause it's wrong........
more of the same from you Stinger.
You can deny it all you like, but the evidence is there. Here it is again in case you missed it :

" wish some of the f-wits on here would get off the guy's back ffs........as if they could even get a kick at this level...... "

you posted this on page one of this thread when no-one had even mentioned you. So it's ok for you to call people f-wits just because they disagree with you. What, the forum rules don't apply to you Stinger? You're a liar and bully Stinger. The classic bully type who throws his weight around and when fronted about about it, holds his hands up and says, "who me?".

Red
Club Player

Curly your comparing him with the worst ruckman going around and some

of those guys will be good. You should be comparing him to the best as

that is he is compensated. To me it's a pretty weak argument.

I like Kosi personally but he has to dominate games regularly and I think

you know that.

hotdish
Club Player

Its funny that everyone is criticising Kossi -

if you actually check out his stats, he's having his best season in AFL football...

-most games played
-most goals kicked
-most marks
-most tackles
-most possies

http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/play ... itzke.html
Last edited by hotdish on Thu 11 Sep 2008 4:40pm, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

hotdish wrote:Its funny that everyone is criticising Kossi -

if you actually check out his stats, he's having his best season in AFL football...

-most games played
-most goals kicked etc...
Well that is sad.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

-most games played
-most goals kicked etc...

Er....that is our point...a 117 game veteran...and yet this is his best season ever :cry:

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Gilbert=Legend

He is not a ruckman!! he doesn;t get his body around and doesn;t have the ability to jump straight in the air.

Put if in the forward line and leave him there, give michel a go in the ruck, and leave him there

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Gilbert=Legend wrote:
Put if in the forward line and leave him there, give michel a go in the ruck, and leave him there

Michel?????

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I only joined this forum, so who am I to deliver a good old fashioned scolding...but I will anyway :oops:

If people just HAVE to be negative, there is SO many "Anti-Kosi" threads so perhaps it could be limited to one or two? Goodness, if he actually read these threads (and who's to say that he doesn't) I don't think it would be particularly encouraging or constructive?

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:I only joined this forum, so who am I to deliver a good old fashioned scolding...but I will anyway :oops:

If people just HAVE to be negative, there is SO many "Anti-Kosi" threads so perhaps it could be limited to one or two? Goodness, if he actually read these threads (and who's to say that he doesn't) I don't think it would be particularly encouraging or constructive?
If Kosi was consistently delivering on the field threads questioning his value wouldn't be on here.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:I only joined this forum, so who am I to deliver a good old fashioned scolding...but I will anyway :oops:

get used to the crap of a few old codger's who obviously have nothing better to do than to bag everything st kilda

i would hate to be a client of stinger's...presuming he is a lawyer of course

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote: get used to the crap of a few old codger's who obviously have nothing better to do than to bag everything st kilda

i would hate to be a client of stinger's...presuming he is a lawyer of course
you're wide of the mark there SP. Plenty of people are questioning Kosi and rightly so until he proves otherwise.
And Stinger's been defending Kosi in his charming, polite and erudite fashion, not bagging him.

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

-most games played
-most goals kicked
-most marks
-most tackles
-most possies

http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/play ... itzke.html
That's amazing I don't know how to take that. Do I say "If this is his best year his others must have been disgraceful" or "Obviously my eyes have deceived me and he's been very Impressive and having a Stella season".

Coming up with this doesn't add any credibility it only now opens up some questions If this is his best year.