Grandy tickets

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Information arrived in the mail today from the club in regards Grand final tickets for social club members

:)

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

If anyone finds out the avenues to get tickets for regular 11 game members, please post the information here.

I would assume this would be through ticketmaster, but are they doing this over the internet, or only over the counter at select venues.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:If anyone finds out the avenues to get tickets for regular 11 game members, please post the information here.

I would assume this would be through ticketmaster, but are they doing this over the internet, or only over the counter at select venues.
If they adopt the same system for FC members as they have for SC and I imagine they will....they will nominate day that you can register on by calling or via the internet. It does not matter if you are early or later in the day. All registrations will be randomised and so all will have an equal chance of obtaininga ticket.

The difference will be that tickets will run out, and not everyone will gain one.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

The "2008 St Kilda Social Club Grand Final Ticketing Information" letter I got from the club today states:

"In the event that St Kilda is a participant and Social Club Members do not utilise the total amount of tickets in the allocation made available to St Kilda members, the remaining tickets will be sold to eligible St Kilda Football Club Members from 8am on Tuesday September 23 through Ticketmaster on 1300 136 122."

So, if you are not a Social Club Member, get on the blower quick smart at 9 o'clock on the 23rd.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
matrix
Saintsational Legend

huge *bump* here...
ticket allocations :
1. Competing Club Members 16000 – 26000

2. AFL Clubs (16 x 1000) 16000

3. MCC Reserve 16000 – 26000

4. AFL Members 13000 – 23000

5. AFL/Medallion Club Members 4500 – 5000

6. AFL Entitlements/Contractual Obligations 5000 – 15000

7. Competing Clubs 1500 – 2500

Total 100,000 (approx)

ok so what i was thinking was that why are all teams allowed 1000 tickets each?
14 of them didnt make it so tough shite...
theres 16000 tickets there split over all 16 teams, so how about the 14 teams that didnt make it buy there own bloody tickets if they wanna go.

then give the two competing teams 2000 tickets each to do with what they wish and half the remaining 12000 can go to the members of one GF team and the other 6000 goes to the other team that got to the dance.

that way a few more members of the competing GF teams, who could afford tickets to get there, actually have a chance.

F*** the other 14 clubs

:twisted:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:huge *bump* here...
ticket allocations :

2. AFL Clubs (16 x 1000) 16000

4. AFL Members 13000 – 23000

5. AFL/Medallion Club Members 4500 – 5000

6. AFL Entitlements/Contractual Obligations 5000 – 15000

7. Competing Clubs 1500 – 2500

Total 100,000 (approx)

ok so what i was thinking was that why are all teams allowed 1000 tickets each?
14 of them didnt make it so tough shite...
theres 16000 tickets there split over all 16 teams, so how about the 14 teams that didnt make it buy there own bloody tickets if they wanna go.

then give the two competing teams 2000 tickets each to do with what they wish and half the remaining 12000 can go to the members of one GF team and the other 6000 goes to the other team that got to the dance.

that way a few more members of the competing GF teams, who could afford tickets to get there, actually have a chance.

F*** the other 14 clubs

:twisted:
I dont we should complain as we have only played in one GF in 35 years. If we didnt get those tickets and then give them to our sponsers then we would not have as many sponsers over the last few years and have lost more money. It would be great for the competing clubs to get more but sponsers expect GF tickets when they pay hundreds of thousands of dollars.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

here's how the Saints have allocated their 1,000
http://www.saints.com.au/hiddenpromos/A ... fault.aspx

which of the players and staff get to draw for the 20 tickets?
which saint should go for future referance.?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:huge *bump* here...
ticket allocations :

:
So with two clubs.....they might have to share as little as 16,000 tickets.

If the other club has say 40,000 members..

Then that could be as little as 6900 tickets IF the Saints made it.....or as much as 11,000.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:

:
This is actually the biggest problem....

IMO every MCC Member should have to nominate a Club allegience....and if their club does not make it...then stiff (just like the rest of us).

In these days where demand vastly exceed supply and the Members of the competing clubs cannot even get into a GF it is simply ridiculous that so many people who have no feeling for the clubs competing are allowed to go and thereby deny people who are fair dinkum passionate about their clubs going.

It also DETRACTS from the GF that so many theatre goers attend who are there for the event rather than to support a club.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
matrixcutter wrote:

:

IMO every MCC Member should have to nominate a Club allegience....and if their club does not make it...then stiff (just like the rest of us).

In these days where demand vastly exceed supply and the Members of the competing clubs cannot even get into a GF it is simply ridiculous that so many people who have no feeling for the clubs competing are allowed to go and thereby deny people who are fair dinkum passionate about their clubs going.

It also DETRACTS from the GF that so many theatre goers attend who are there for the event rather than to support a club.
I disagree.

I reckon every MCC member (and I've been a full member since 1996) should have to nominate a club (and can't change that nomination from say May so that they don't cherry pick the top team if they're not real supporters of one club!) and have first dibs at a seat at the GF - and have them all sit together for crowd atmosphere also....but then keep it as is for the rest.

At the moment, 12,000 MCC seats are allocated as reserved thru a ballot system, with 10,000 walk ups. I like this system, as it gives you flexibility.

If the whole reserve was reserved seats, people may miss out that want to go - although, to be fair, this hasn't been tested, so it actually may not be the case! (If it's two vic teams in the GF, people would miss out, but with interstate clubs normally in the GF, perhaps it would be OK?).

The guts of it is that as an MCC member you fork out $540 a year. I want to be confident, for that money, of getting a seat at the GF, otherwise I'd ditch my membership in a heartbeat. I reckon many others would to, and the waiting list would drop dramatically.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
The guts of it is that as an MCC member you fork out $540 a year. I want to be confident, for that money, of getting a seat at the GF, otherwise I'd ditch my membership in a heartbeat. I reckon many others would to, and the waiting list would drop dramatically.
Which I think proves my point.....Members of individual Competing Clubs should take precedence over people who want to watch it every (or most years).

The GF is after all a competition between two football clubs....and should not be as it currently is just another event on a calendar.

If most MCC Members could not attenda given GF...would they be heartbroken? No, unless it was theur club playing they would just be miffed.

Each year Club Members miss out who are heartbroken.

More Club Members should be given the chance to attend over people who basically have no feeling for the two competing clubs.

If it is not your club playing...then IMO Club Members have more of a right to attend.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
matrixcutter wrote:

:

I disagree.

I reckon every MCC member (and I've been a full member since 1996) should have to nominate a club (and can't change that nomination from say May so that they don't cherry pick the top team if they're not real supporters of one club!) and have first dibs at a seat at the GF - and have them all sit together for crowd atmosphere also....but then keep it as is for the rest.

At the moment, 12,000 MCC seats are allocated as reserved thru a ballot system, with 10,000 walk ups. I like this system, as it gives you flexibility.

If the whole reserve was reserved seats, people may miss out that want to go - although, to be fair, this hasn't been tested, so it actually may not be the case! (If it's two vic teams in the GF, people would miss out, but with interstate clubs normally in the GF, perhaps it would be OK?).

This pretty much happens anyway...when was the last time the gates were closed in the Members on GF day? I cant remember it happening, even in 2000 when the "worst case scenario" of Melbourne vs Essendon happened. As you know, even without a seat at the ballot, turn up at 5.30 or 6am, stand in a queue for a couple of hours and you'll get a GOOD seat..turn up at 10am if you like, youll still find a seat somewhere. So its not like people who support the competing Clubs and are MCC Members cant get in

I think what sRs is propsing is to shrink the MCC enclosure to a size that just accomodates the Full members who support the competing sides..and you are right..the membership co0llective would storm the gates I think!!

But..if we are going to propose this, then we must turn our attention to the other side of the ground too..the AFL Members..

5000 seats there go to bloody Medallion Club members..who have NOTHING to do with the AFL or the MCG..or quiite possibly football either..the MC is just a business tool as much as seats at the footy. So scrap them for starters. Then get rid of the AFL Full members without competing club suport and replace them with Silver Members who DO have competing club support

Nothing short of all those steps will bring even a bit of atmosphere back to GF day

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

Wonder where radio stations and the like fit in. U always hear about comps/promos offering GF tix. Don't worry about the true dyed in the wool supporter who puts their hard earned in during the year. :roll: :evil: :roll:

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

johnpeterbudgefanclub wrote:Wonder where radio stations and the like fit in. U always hear about comps/promos offering GF tix. Don't worry about the true dyed in the wool supporter who puts their hard earned in during the year. :roll: :evil: :roll:
Thye unfortunate thing is that the radio stations and other sponsors would argue that they contribute financially via sponsorship and buying ground advertising far more than the average fan....so therefore they are more entitled to GF tickets

Sad but true :oops:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:[

But..if we are going to propose this, then we must turn our attention to the other side of the ground too..the AFL Members..
Indeed..again everyone should have to nominate a club......and no switching Clubs each year either...otherwise the sustem would just be rorted.

ie a Melbourne fan nominating say the Cats next year...and then switching back when he thinks the Dees may make it.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
saint66au wrote:[

Indeed..again everyone should have to nominate a club......and no switching Clubs each year either...otherwise the sustem would just be rorted.

ie a Melbourne fan nominating say the Cats next year...and then switching back when he thinks the Dees may make it.
In the AFL Members you DO nominate a club..and if that Club makes it you are given first dibs...but only if you are a full member..then NON-competing club full members get preference over silver members who DO support a competing club (confused??)

Switching Clubs would not happen because most AFL members have a Club siupport package..which works like a regular club membership, except yopu can get into pretty much any game at the G or TD (up to 40 a year)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
loris
Saintsational Legend

my les foote wrote:
karnak wrote:I'm in London and hold a full adult membership and SC.

if we make it i'll be flying from london (takes 24hrs on plane). Land Sat morning. Watch us win. Party all night on Saturday night and fly out Sunday 12pm, hehehe. Oh yeah!
I'm with you karnak. In Saturday morning, out Sunday lunch time. I've got 4 legs booked. They let me choose my seat so I took row 35 in honor of Harvs for each leg.
karnak & my les foote......... I 'dips me lid' to 'youse' two. London & Switzerland....fly in for the weekend love it. I hope we make the granny for you as much as for Harves :wink:

At times I :roll: :roll: :roll: my eyes at all the bleating that goes on with some supporters on this site who live in Melbourne on how hard they
are done by. They hate going to any ground except Telsta Dome as they have to sit out in the elements etc etc. They leave early when the Saints are losing supposedly because they dont want to get caught in the traffic. :roll: They winge because they think at times they don't get a lot for their membership ticket. One could go on ad nauseum at how hard some think it is to support their team from suburban Victoria.

Let's hope those that have had a bleat over the years, realise the sacrifices members like you have to make to get to a Saints game...especially a grannie. We Country, Interstate and Overseas Members have to pay the full Adult Membership PLUS Social Club Membership year after year in the hope of seeing the Saints in a GF...and many of those members never have the chance of using their membership that they have paid for year in year out. And if they do go you never hear them say I won't go because the match is not going to be undercover at the Dome. Nah they will sit anywhere at any ground just to see the Saints......leave early if they are being flogged ....no way :evil: :evil:

Well done Karnak & MLF hope we make the GF as your effort deserves it. I hope I'm lucky enough to get a seat beside you :wink:

Have a safe trip guys :lol:

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re the MCC members and reducing capacity....howabout if you are going for a walk up seat, you need to be at the ground by 1 hour prior to the start.

Any unoccupied seats after that time are sold to the public (ie. members who have missed outed perhaps?).

This would satisfy over 95% of MCC member's requirements and enable the MCC reserve to be 100% chokkers!

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:A key extract of this is:

• All Social Club Members including Foundation Members are offered the chance to register to purchase Grand Final tickets through
Ticketmaster once St Kilda qualifies for a Preliminary Final.

• Registration date:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

If St Kilda lose QF (Week 1), but win SF (Week 2) Registration will be Wednesday September 17 from 8am – 5pm.

Please note: any Social Club members who do not register in the designated time frame will waive their right to a guaranteed ticket should St Kilda compete in the 2008 Toyota AFL Grand Final.

• Members registering must have a valid 2008 St Kilda Social Club barcode.

Full details for SC Members is at: http://www.saints.com.au/Portals/0/social%20club.doc
reminder
two dates to be observed this week
Monday/Tuesday for Prelim tickets
Wednesday for registration for G/F tickets-- cost $3.50 -must be done Online or via phone and By credit card.

Grandfinal tickets will range up to $240 with NO SAY on where or what price.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY