No changes if all players are fit!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:Only change should be Birss in, to curb Swann. Not sure who should drop out...possibly Eddy. I'm sure Ball won't be ready. Armo, Allen? No fringe players please, this is the finals...no time for mucking around.

eddy , c gardner and the clarkes are already fringe. so i agree changes is swapping fringe for fringe. but a statement needs to be made. and we also need to think of the future. id play armo, birrs and allen.

a) give some young guys finals experience
b) make a statement that last week is not ok
c) give guys that compete and have strong bodies a go

clarkes just fall over when they feel some wind. they are like autumn leaves.

out x clarke, c gardner eddy r clarke
in birss allen steven armitage

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
degruch wrote:Only change should be Birss in, to curb Swann. Not sure who should drop out...possibly Eddy. I'm sure Ball won't be ready. Armo, Allen? No fringe players please, this is the finals...no time for mucking around.

eddy , c gardner and the clarkes are already fringe. so i agree changes is swapping fringe for fringe. but a statement needs to be made. and we also need to think of the future. id play armo, birrs and allen.

a) give some young guys finals experience
b) make a statement that last week is not ok
c) give guys that compete and have strong bodies a go

clarkes just fall over when they feel some wind. they are like autumn leaves.

out x clarke, c gardner eddy r clarke
in birss allen steven armitage
I like your thinking to some extent Con...and I'm not saying I'm an expert either. I'd bet any money we won't see X or Raph dropped for this match...nor should they. There's far to much upside to their game. Birss should be in, a like for like swap, I though Eddy was OK, so was McQualter, but one or the other would have to give way. Allen for C Gardiner is another like for like swap, but just can't see the match committee breaking up the team for such an inexperienced player.

saintbob
SS Life Member

[quote="S.A Saint"]Totally agree with Bergsone

C.Gardiner just doenst kick enough goals to be played in a forward line. Even though he is a leading forward, should kick one or two goals to hold his spot.

How the F#$K would we know the poor sod hardly gets the ball kicked to him in our Reiwoldt only forward line!!!!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

bergsone wrote:.FWIW I would make 3 changes,dont think that is wholesale changes
Really?

Depends on Lyon's definition/selection committee.

We generally have made only 2 or less changes per round, so given it's finals we are talking, I'd be thinking 3 UNFORCED (don't count replacing injured players!) is definitely "wholesale" by that baseline....

Amazes me how many people on here can't understand that.

Sure, you can dump Milne and Dal before a H&A game, blood 3 debutants the same week, but why swing the axe in the real pressure cooker, especially against the Pies who have a decent recent finals record.

The Pies are the first Vic team to win 3 interstate finals.....not a bad effort!

saintly_safes
Club Player

Thought Birss has been hard done by this year & could not beleive he was dropped last week. Apparently Armo & Gardi had a good game in the 2's so they could be a chance & if Blake doent come up then maybe Gardi might get a call up.Seems as if Lukey B wont get up (b-stard) & X could only get better so I think Birss or Armo for Mini or Eddy & Gardi maybe but I would not be suprised if they went in unchanged

bergsone
SS Life Member

saintspremiers wrote:
bergsone wrote:.FWIW I would make 3 changes,dont think that is wholesale changes
Really?

Depends on Lyon's definition/selection committee.

We generally have made only 2 or less changes per round, so given it's finals we are talking, I'd be thinking 3 UNFORCED (don't count replacing injured players!) is definitely "wholesale" by that baseline....

Amazes me how many people on here can't understand that.

Sure, you can dump Milne and Dal before a H&A game, blood 3 debutants the same week, but why swing the axe in the real pressure cooker, especially against the Pies who have a decent recent finals record.

The Pies are the first Vic team to win 3 interstate finals.....not a bad effort!
Still dont call 3 changes ,wholesale .Maybe lyons and your defination,will just have to differ to mine

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Anybody in for Charlie - need hard & confident players in finals - caused the cats no concern at all. Perhaps MG if fit (hell he can just stand in one spot well away from roo and get more attention than charlie got) switching roles with kosi and king - or for a left field choice - blake!

Never agreed with dropping Birss and mini certainly didn't play like he wanted to keep his spot.

X tried but just wasn't up for it - but dropping him now would be a step backwards.

Ball at 95% is a no brainer.
Don't think armo is a good inclusion - a massive step up from vfl to an afl knockout final

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
lefty
Club Player

The side needs to change.

Out: Eddy, Blake (if Injured), Xman (hasnt performed for a long time, sick of it), Gwilt (maybe?), McQualter (if no tagging role available)
In: Armo, Birrs, L.Fisher, Fiz (smokey?), G-train (wishful but unlikely?)

We definately need armo in there. He'd be the first in. Midfield was soft on the weekend, very poor. Birrs would be my second in. L.Fisher would surely be a good replacement for Blake? Fiora, well... dont know, I think I'd take a risk and go for it. I'd have big G in our FF no questions asked if he's right to go, saturday showed horrible our forward line structure is, as well as the reliasation that Kosi is horrible at FF.

I have a funny feeling about Fiz, he's a strange player. Most of the times he's very poor, but he has his occasional blitz game and when he's on song, you usually see a specki or something special. Dono why I think he should be in the squad, just think he might be able to give some run/carry/drive when attacking. Maybe I'm wrong, and he'll do nothing like most of the time? meh.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Michael Gardiner's last game for Saints against the Coasters.

Anyone remember that?

Worst game from someone in red, white and black for many a year.

Why would you even consider him for a final?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell