Hard decisions must be made

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

BallyIsBest = Matthew Scarlett!

Congrats on learning how to type, Matty!

timtam
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:Pies fans are signing up this week in force it looks like...we have two now in this thread.....
You are kidding right? Can you not read:
timtam wrote: In response to the OP, obviously he was not watching the same game as the rest of us yesterday. If he was, he must have been sitting beside Caro and listening to her drivvle..........
If St Kilda drops Harvs this week, I will not go to the game!

Perhaps try reading mate before you jump to conclusions!

Don't argue with an idiot - people watching may not be able to tell the difference.
BallyIsBest
Club Player

[quote="Life Long Saint"]BallyIsBest = Matthew Scarlett!

Congrats on learning how to type, Matty![/quote]

Pathetic. Moron.[/quote]

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Maybe my congratulations were a little premature...

Keep practicing, Matty!

Red
Club Player

We should drop the entire midfield because everyone got beaten yesterday.

BallyIsBest
Club Player

Life Long Saint .... you are pathetic. You dont even warrant further acknowledgement.

As for the last post, I am not suggesting to drop everyone who had a bad game. What I AM suggesting is: Harves should be given a 'rest' this week as he is a liability due to his ageing body. If he gets a heavy knock, he is basically out of the game. If a younger frame cops a heavy knock (to be expected in finals footy), then he is likely to recover much quicker and will continue to be effective for the remainder of the match.

Once again, the team is greater than the sum of the individuals.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

timtam wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:Pies fans are signing up this week in force it looks like...we have two now in this thread.....
You are kidding right? Can you not read:

Perhaps try reading mate before you jump to conclusions!
I did read. You were advocating being in Fraser...

timtam wrote:
13) Bring in Fraser (if he is up to scratch) Fraser gives you that 'unknown' factorand his inclusion would worry a few of the teams (I know for a fact that a player from Geelong was concerned about Frasers possible inclusion a couple of weeks back as he is a wildcard)

....a guy that has not played a football games for months into a pressure final.

Pies fans would love that.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

saintsRrising wrote: .... You were advocating being in Fraser...
What????

Saint Mik
Club Player

BallyIsBest wrote:Life Long Saint .... you are pathetic. You dont even warrant further acknowledgement.

As for the last post, I am not suggesting to drop everyone who had a bad game. What I AM suggesting is: Harves should be given a 'rest' this week as he is a liability due to his ageing body. If he gets a heavy knock, he is basically out of the game. If a younger frame cops a heavy knock (to be expected in finals footy), then he is likely to recover much quicker and will continue to be effective for the remainder of the match.

So you want to rest a player that is in our top 10 players at the club :roll:

What happens if we win, then what you winner bring him back in because why? If he is good enough for next week then surley he is good enough for this week.

Not going to happen Harves will be in and so will Kossi.

Watch out for the ACL you knee jerker

You call yourself a supporter, you are just another w@nker that thinks he/she knows best.

Tell your story walking, I can hear RL pissing himself from here with your ideas.

I would hate to work for you, imagine the send off you would give after 21 years of service

I dont care if you are a TROLL because responding to this crap is actually quite funny, YOU ARE A FAIR DINKUM FLOG

Go and barrack for Freo since you like the West so much and dont come back to Melbourne, do us all a favour and F*** off.

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
HarveysDeciple

BallyIsBest wrote:SORRY, SainterDad and Saint Mik, I forgot you're only truely a saints supporter the moment you post on this forum.

Forget about first match attended, first membership purchased, its all about the date you joined up here.

How many of you went over to Perth this year to watch the saints play, TWICE? I havent missed a game in vic for over 5 years, I would have a guess that most on here are not even members. And I wont even start on corporate dollars that I have parted with.

Apologies to those who do not share the same thoughts as those who have attempted to belittle my comments/thoughts/passions as 'trolling', but I take great offence at people questioning my allegiance to club.
Harvey probably 3rd in the best and fairest........

stinger
Saintsational Legend

f****** troll........pissoff.......creep.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
BallyIsBest
Club Player

If Harves is dropped and we win next week, isnt that the point proven that he is not needed in the side?

And, as for the '21 years of service' comment....I think it was 1 too many. Once again my point of rewarding mediocrity.

And Freo, at least they have the courage to clear out their dead wood...i.e Bell, McManus, Carr etc etc

We can either make the hard decisions now or stand by and watch the likes of Richmond, Carlton, Essendon and Melbourne overtake us.

Just venting because I am sick of putting up with acceptance of season after season of failure. THE TEAM MUST COME BEFORE ANY INDIVIDUAL.

HarveysDeciple

BallyIsBest wrote:If Harves is dropped and we win next week, isnt that the point proven that he is not needed in the side?

And, as for the '21 years of service' comment....I think it was 1 too many. Once again my point of rewarding mediocrity.

And Freo, at least they have the courage to clear out their dead wood...i.e Bell, McManus, Carr etc etc

We can either make the hard decisions now or stand by and watch the likes of Richmond, Carlton, Essendon and Melbourne overtake us.

Just venting because I am sick of putting up with acceptance of season after season of failure. THE TEAM MUST COME BEFORE ANY INDIVIDUAL.
what mediocrity?

Harvs would be top 3 in the best and fairest.....absolutely laughable thread.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

BallyIsBest wrote:Talk about being shot down?!

I'm not surprised with the responses, all through history geniuses are often ridiculed because their thinking is against the grain, rather than the sheep mentality of the rest of you.

YES, we all agree/know Harvey WAS a great player and will go down as one of the VFL/AFL all time most talented/skilled/couragous/ambasadors but that time has long passed. He is now a liability (it pains me to say that but like the title of the thread - hard decisions must be made for the benefit of the club). Mediocrity has flowed through our veins for too long.

Mark my words, if Harvey plays on Saturday, not only will we be fare welling him, but we will be fare welling yet another wasted season. Its little wonder this club has been so unsuccessful over 100 years with the soft sentimental attitude of people on here.

Its time for tough decisions and maybe dropping Harvey will wake a few others up, a few ruthless decisions may help finally put this club on the right track or maybe we should do things the old St kilda way: glorify a few individuals, over rate the average performers, reminisce a few past glories, and when it all goes wrong sack the coach.

what the f*** is a "flash in the plan", dipshit......

saint1974
Club Player

so bib you reckon someone like mcqualter will take a hard knock better than harves dream on !!!!!!!!!!!
I guarantee you Harves will come up next week and play the game of his life he wasnt the only bad payer yesterday.Club doesnt need supporters like you.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

BallyIsBest wrote:Life Long Saint .... you are pathetic. You dont even warrant further acknowledgement.

Cool...then I don't expect an answer to this.

Your suggestion to "rest" Harvey is stupid! We are playing in an elimination final. We don't have the luxury to rest anyone.

Luke Ball is doubtful, Lenny is on report and you're suggesting to drop our most experienced midfielder that averages over 21 possessions a game. GENIUS!!! Who would you bring in that you could hand-on-your-heart say would be better?

Wake up call, indeed...If this weeks loss didn't provide that then dropping a player certainly won't.

Pathetic am I? I'll tell you what pathetic is...dropping Harvey in his (potentially) last game.

Either you are under 15, over 90, don't support St Kilda or certifiable.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

BallyIsBest wrote:. Its little wonder this club has been so unsuccessful over 100 years with the soft sentimental attitude of people on here.
what do the filth and the saints have in common..........?????one premiership each in the past 50 seasons.......so don't get too cocky troll........

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saint1974 wrote:so bib you reckon someone like mcqualter will take a hard knock better than harves dream on !!!!!!!!!!!
I guarantee you Harves will come up next week and play the game of his life he wasnt the only bad payer yesterday.Club doesnt need supporters like you.

he was actually one of our better players.....

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Harvey wasn't great - he did look a fraction slow - but the same could be said for everyone else.

He has a hell of a lot more value than some others out there.

:evil:

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

saint1974
Club Player

sorry stinger actually agree with you Harves was one of our better players.

whoever bib is he has p..... me off big time obviously hasnt been to many games over the past 21years.

BallyIsBest
Club Player

Saint1974, p!ssing people off is not my intention. Just putting my point of view across backed by logical reasoning (IMO).

PS. I guarantee that I have been to more games than you....but lets not turn this into a p!ssing contest.

battye
Saintsational Legend

I actually thought that Harvey was among our best for the first half.

In a knockout semi final, Harvey will be at his best. Think of Stephen Powell, Justin Peckett, Andrew Thompson. Towards the end of their careers, they were our best finals players.

Experience is the key.
Last edited by battye on Mon 08 Sep 2008 4:52pm, edited 1 time in total.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
stinger
Saintsational Legend

BallyIsBest wrote:Saint1974, p!ssing people off is not my intention. Just putting my point of view across backed by logical reasoning (IMO).

PS. I guarantee that I have been to more games than you....but lets not turn this into a p!ssing contest.
bet you haven't been to more than me dipstick..... :roll: :roll: :roll:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saint1974 wrote:sorry stinger actually agree with you Harves was one of our better players.

whoever bib is he has p..... me off big time obviously hasnt been to many games over the past 21years.
don't need to apologise mate..where the great man is concerned........want to get up a party..????.thinking of putting on the sheets and burning scarlett on a cross........ :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: 8-) 8-) 8-).....or maybe we could just settle on burning his house down..... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil:

BallyIsBest
Club Player

stinger, whats your point??

But you highlight the crux of my whole argument.... you may have been to every Sainters game for the last 45 years, but how many premierships have you seen??????????????

Now is the time for change. NOW. "For the greater good, tough decisions must be made"