Collingwood tackle count

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

busso mick
Club Player

Collingwood tackle count

I saw a fair bit of the Crows V Pies on Saturday and was very impressed with Collingwoods tackling on the ball carrier. I think the tackle count was 52-32. Even McLeod who had brilliant awareness got nailed from behind. Leon Davis and Dale Thomas were brilliant, their young blokes Dawes & Cook did alright too. Dane Swan must be tagged because he is very effective, not flashy but a very hard worker.

We really have a point to prove this week so I reckon we can turn it around if we can go at them from the start. Carn the Sainters!

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

We actually won the tackle count against the Ctas..69 to 56...

Mind you the Cats were first to the ball more often..... :cry:

So we need to do a lot more than win the tackle count.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
oh when
Club Player

There's tackles and then there's tackles - I look for the crunch tackles that cause an advantage to us.

4ever_saint
Club Player

we may have won the tackle count against geelong, but how many of them actually resulted in effective disposals for us?! though we tackled hard, there always seemed to be a geelong player there to swoop the ball once the tackle had been laid. we dont do that and that was extremely evident yesterday. if we wanna beat collingwood, we need to play as a team.