Huge match for Lyon and this squad

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Huge match for Lyon and this squad

for mine if we go out in straight sets this squad has not improved. They might have even gone backwards strange as it sounds.

But we win this week and at least make a preliminary final I would give this season a tick. Yes the list needs some trimming and development but the experience we are putting into the likes of CJ, eddy, gilbert, etc.

It still feels like lyon is developing this squad to what he wants. I can see what he wants to create but there are perhaps 6-10 players of AFL experience who just are not up to it.

Will be an interesting post season....

Anyway, question is, what is a pass mark for this season?

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
markp
Saintsational Legend

Beating Collingwood would be nice....

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

How can it not be be better than last year?

What sort of list is Lyon trying to create?

We need half a dozen really good players (mids, backs and fwrds) to challenge for a flag and I can't see where they are coming from. I think the team has done pretty well considering the list tho

Another opportunity awaits!
Art Vandelay
Club Player

Get ready for some pain.....with one uncompromised draft remaining prior to GC17 and Western Sydney having access to the draft, we are at least 8 good players short of staying in the top 8. For mine, the likes of mcqualter, Birss, C.Jones, Gardiner's (as in both), Gwilt, Howard, Ferguson to name but a few, would struggle to get a game at some of the teams outside the top 8. Some poor decisions by the previous regime (ie, trading first round draft choices for Watts and Brooks) has come back to bite us in the arse...badly!!!. Add to that the recruitment (or should I say, topping up) of discarded players from other clubs, has really left us vulnerable with regards to junior talent. Of the juniors we do have, there are still major question marks hanging over their head.
After we get eliminated by Collingwood this week, I just hope Ross Lyon has the balls to make the neccessary changes for next season, but unfortunately, given he will be going into the final year of his contract, he will go into self preservation mode.