Geelong too good today but this group can bounce back

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

older saint
SS Life Member

Geelong too good today but this group can bounce back

Geelong were too good today. i have not seena team score so efficiently off turnovers as Geelong and our turnovers were terrible.

Sure the Milne decision didn't help but if they kick straight in 1st qtr we are shot. Not happy about the couple pats on the bm to Geelong players in qtr 1 for incidental contact Kosi on Mooney and Schnieder also- lets not be nice stuff em and shake after the game.

Remember 2004 we lost by 100 plus to Bris who were red hot favorites after that game, we beat Syndey and Bris did not win the flag so who knows.
Coll will be tough as they never quit, but no major changes please. May need Fiora's run v Coll. Armitage played well and Ball if fit but these same guys won 6 of 8 so can't be that bad.

Plenty of Poor players today but Blakes effort today was woeful. Turnover in the 2nd qtr when Moonet smoothered his kick and he then kicked out of the full - droppe dhi head instead of getting back and unmarked player took mark in Goal square, then 3rd qtr Mooney marks and he lets him run past and goal. Really disappointed ibn the effort.

As for Scarlett class is something which you have or your don't and obviously even his teammates have acknowledged that he is a tool. Also saw Harves having a go at Bartel in the 3rd qtr so must have been ont he angry pills today.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Geelong too good today but this group can bounce back

older saint wrote:Geelong were too good today. i have not seena team score so efficiently off turnovers as Geelong and our turnovers were terrible.

Sure the Milne decision didn't help but if they kick straight in 1st qtr we are shot. Not happy about the couple pats on the bm to Geelong players in qtr 1 for incidental contact Kosi on Mooney and Schnieder also- lets not be nice stuff em and shake after the game.

Remember 2004 we lost by 100 plus to Bris who were red hot favorites after that game, we beat Syndey and Bris did not win the flag so who knows.
Coll will be tough as they never quit, but no major changes please. May need Fiora's run v Coll. Armitage played well and Ball if fit but these same guys won 6 of 8 so can't be that bad.

Plenty of Poor players today but Blakes effort today was woeful. Turnover in the 2nd qtr when Moonet smoothered his kick and he then kicked out of the full - droppe dhi head instead of getting back and unmarked player took mark in Goal square, then 3rd qtr Mooney marks and he lets him run past and goal. Really disappointed ibn the effort.

As for Scarlett class is something which you have or your don't and obviously even his teammates have acknowledged that he is a tool. Also saw Harves having a go at Bartel in the 3rd qtr so must have been ont he angry pills today.
Just a couple of things. The Milne decision didnt matter at all. We were gone completely at that time and yes Blake kicked into the man but he didnt kick it out on the full. Chips did.

older saint
SS Life Member

Thanks for that, I just remember yelling to get back while his head was dropped.

As much as Coll v StK was a test of Coll character this will be our test. Kangaroos collapsed after losing to Geelong we MUST show we are better than that

felixleo
Club Player

Please no Fiora, the future is the kids playem.

Are you gonna be the one?
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Don't think I can regroup after this one. Won't be going next week. If we win great... but just quietly, our chances of winning the flag are like Bob Hope's brother... No Hope.

And nothing will give me more pleasure than all the abuse I'll cop if proved wrong... but I doubt it will happen.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.