CJ

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Jack Daniels Magic

If only all our players showsd the committment of CJ...
NDS is uncommitted to the team cause!

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

kaos theory wrote:Ok, CJ has the endevour & commitment that few others showed. He chased, harassed, and put his body on the line time & time again.

BUT....we will never win a flag with this type of player. He has limited ability to hurt the opposition, Too often in 50/50 situations he will not be able to win, and his only weapon is to allow the opposition player to win the ball, then try to chase him down & tackle him.

He will ultimately need to be replaced with a player that has similar commitment, but more skill & ball winning ability. Take alook at the cats if you don't see what I'm saying. They have no such player as Jones.

The sad fact is that we lack talent in the midfield, with Ball out, and amartage a little slow (and another yr away), and geay another 2 yrs away from solid contirbutions, we are not able to handle the very best mids in the game.

I know some of you might think I'm disrespecting his efforts. I'm not. He gets the best out of his abilities. Just saying if we want to go that step futher, we need more talent in our midfield.
Good point. Chased well and never gave up. We need another mid... get Cousins.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:We need another mid... get Cousins.
Absolutely. Today showed that you need elite midfielders to win games. Right now we have none.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Jack Daniels Magic wrote:If only all our players showsd the committment of CJ...
exactly.

It was like we had a team full of passengers, bar a handful.

Lenny, CJ and Sammy busted a gut and did more effort wise then the rest combined.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Jack Daniels Magic wrote:If only all our players showsd the committment of CJ...
exactly.

Lenny, CJ and Sammy busted a gut and did more effort wise then the rest combined.
I am struggling to name more than those 3. Anyone help me. On that why wouldnt the Saintsational medal still be going as we are stil playing.

bergsone
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
exactly.

I am struggling to name more than those 3. Anyone help me. On that why wouldnt the Saintsational medal still be going as we are stil playing.
Maybe Gilbert,Monty ,Goddard,but yes it is a struggle

saintbob
SS Life Member

CJ - Great game, streets ahead of the next best

Raph, Fish and Goddard - Good

Roo, Milne, Kosi, Mini, Dal and X - Very, very poor.

Harvs had his worst game for the year by a country mile, and believe me that's very hard to say.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I've been impressed by CJ in recent times! The thing he brings to a game is his commitment to chase a player and never give up! They are great values! He didn't disappoint me with his effort day. He's got ticker!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
StPeter
Club Player

I have always been a fan of CJ and none more so than today.

If alll our players show his commitment and passion we wouldn't see

lack-lustre performances like we witnessed today.