lazy jounalists

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Solar
Saintsational Legend

lazy jounalists

I know the age went on strike over job losses but to give a top spot in the sunday sports section to a guy who refuses to do any sense of research is a touch bad...

I know it wasn't mentioned much at the time, but it was stephen powell who took out cameron ling at the first bounce in the 2004 wizard cup. He also had a few choice words to say to the bloke. But no, keep on with your nonsense writing and when in doubt just make up a name... guerra pfftt....

as for the rest of the story, I'm suprised he was able to push it out to fit in that many words. Reminds me of a high school VCE essay which is 400 words short so you just repeat what you have just said to buff it out a little.....

btw any news on why carlton with so many number draft picks aren't in the top 8???? Silence from mister Tim Lane....

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Was it not Brent Guerra? - coming off the square????

Powell stood the mark and gave him a spray, but he started in the centre.

gooner
Club Player

That article is a disgrace. Same old boring cliches about our list.
You can almost hear him fumbling with himself under the desk as he writes about the demise of St Kilda.
God I hate Tim Lane :twisted:

"The humble improve" Wynton Marsalis
St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

BigMart wrote:Was it not Brent Guerra? - coming off the square????

Absolutely spot on. Guerra got 2-3 weeks for it as well. Powelly gave Ling the spray; Guerra did the damage.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: lazy jounalists

Solar wrote:I know the age went on strike over job losses but to give a top spot in the sunday sports section to a guy who refuses to do any sense of research is a touch bad...

I know it wasn't mentioned much at the time, but it was stephen powell who took out cameron ling at the first bounce in the 2004 wizard cup. He also had a few choice words to say to the bloke. But no, keep on with your nonsense writing and when in doubt just make up a name... guerra pfftt....

as for the rest of the story, I'm suprised he was able to push it out to fit in that many words. Reminds me of a high school VCE essay which is 400 words short so you just repeat what you have just said to buff it out a little.....

btw any news on why carlton with so many number draft picks aren't in the top 8???? Silence from mister Tim Lane....
Lazy post IMO. It was Guerra.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

It was Guerra - got three weeks for it.

Powell was heard on audio saying "you asked for it you red headed c##t", after Fishlips potted Hamill about coming off the square and taking players out.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
JeffDunne

Tim Lane is your typical Carlton lemming.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:It was Guerra - got three weeks for it.

Powell was heard on audio saying "you asked for it you red headed c##t", after Fishlips potted Hamill about coming off the square and taking players out.
Almost correct my little mankini wearing friend. Powell said "You got what you F***ing deserved, you red headed **** "(whatever that word is) !!

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Everything Tim Lane says in the article is correct and he is the only journalist, so far, who has not said that the Cats will win by a thousand goals!

The picture highlights the reason we did not win a flag in either '04 or '05. Aaron Hamill - injured PF '04, injured PF '05.

Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Was it not Brent Guerra? - coming off the square????

Correct
Video quality crap, but u get the idea :)

casey scorp
Club Player

Lovely audio too!

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Yeh Powell said some words i wont say on here but it was Guerra who hit him

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Finna
Club Player

Thanks for that footage....A Beauty.

We had them back then didn't we??

My blood still boils when I think back to those comments and the contempt that they showed us. We had all the answers too.

Two weeks in a row we pumped them. That hardness...if we can recapture that today and apply that same physical pressure and presence we will go a long way to knocking them off!

GO SAINTS

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Re: lazy jounalists

Solar wrote: I know it wasn't mentioned much at the time, but it was stephen powell who took out cameron ling at the first bounce in the 2004 wizard cup.
Yeah I'm with the others on this one - it was Guerra.

I frequently disagree with Lane on a myriad of issues but I get the feeling he got that call correct.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.