Robert Harvey doesn't belong on the footy show

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

You'd think with the way people complain, the Footy Show was new...

I don't watch it when I can help it because I just plain old don't like it... but it's not like you don't know what you're going to get:

Sam - Shock factor over the top cranky old man.
Brayshaw - Sycophant building up those around him to build himself up by association.
Lyon - Ego trying to keep the whole thing on the rails but not really sure where the rails are. Get the impression that there may have been a stage where he'd have objected, but dumptrucks full of money have taken care of that.

It can be entertaining, but it's more a publicity vehicle than any sort of real value or insight.

So if you watch it, and you're offended/surprised/appalled at what you see, you've got nobody but yourself to blame.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
RodKeoghsLoveChild
Club Player

What did Stewie say about blight back in the day?? I am quite interested.

Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
Duggie1
Club Player

Robert Harvey introduced a measure of sobriety and decency to the show last night that has long been absent . I noted the almost benevolent face of the chief architect of filth and slease, and , the prolonged applause that the audience gave on more than one occasion. :lol:

Always a Saint
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

first time I've watched it for about five years and if last night is anything to judge it by, it's been a good choice. Absolute crap. Over hyped ordinary Joes basking in publicity created by their own media machine. Sam's mailbag was about as funny as anthrax and Trevor Marmalade tired and boring.
A whole lot of crap. The interview with Harves was as lightweight as the host's collective intellects. Real McTelevision.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:I believed Newman over Brown....and derrrr.....and derrrr....what a peanut!

so did eddie.......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:I gave up watching The Footy Show a long time ago. Unnecessary smut every week. Like a bunch of naughty teenage kids. Like HowlinWolf I watch Mangrook Footy show instead.

i watched the replay today....great show.....

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

great show last night! Margnrook? Its ok, but none of em can string three words together. Collective IQ of 10. I still like em though.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:great show last night! Margnrook? Its ok, but none of em can string three words together. Collective IQ of 10. I still like em though.

glad you like them :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

ishka

Persuader wrote:Good on you Fish and well done Rhys Palmer - he was a deserving Rising Star winner.
I was glad the Footy Show finally decided show some respect to Robert Harvey - they put some effort in, good on them.

I think J. Brown protests too much - and the rough as guts country boy routine is starting to grate on me.

Fevola is a champ, he loves the Saints, always tips us.
Fevola was a St Kilda supporter growing up so it doesn't surprise me that he picks us all the time. The respect for Harvey is another thing he probably grew up idolizing Harvey!

Lenny your a gun!!!
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

The sooner Marngrook Footy Show gets on to some form of digital FTA channel in Melbourne, the better.

C31melb has been pushing for a digital licence and funding for quite some time now. But i'd like to see SBS or ABC2 take it up.

More info on C31's digital campaign here - http://www.c31.org.au/digital/

Notice how much better their streaming video is than anything bigpond (run by one of Australia's biggest corporations) have to offer.