A quick pat on the back for the club

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

A quick pat on the back for the club

I was watching On the Couch last week, and they were discussing the upcoming debacle at Richmond.

The Pres has come out over there and rated their on-field season as a 5/10.

Terry Wallace responded by saying it was 'harsh'. And hey presto! The media have a lead.

The President apparently doesn't want Wallace. The pressure is on Wallace. The president was wrong. And so on and so on.

You see, this is why it's best that the Pres keeps his mouth shut.

The only thing that Westaway has said this year, is that if he had his way Lyon would coach the club for 10 years as stability is the key.

Oddly, he was chastised for that. I say 'oddly' because it's the most common sense, non-comittal yet very supportive statement I've heard a President say for a decade or more.

We're cruising along. No fuss. No panic. No 'now that we made the top 4 it's time for us Board members to get our gold jackets out and beat our chests'.

I'm really proud of the club at the moment. Our 'issues' aren't even issues anymore.

Well done Saints.

spyglass
Club Player

Just to clarify something on Westaway's 10 year comments.

IIRC the actual comment was "I'd love it if he coached for 10 years" or words to that effect.

Taken in context of the surrounding conversation about stability it was meant that if he coached for 10 years then things must be going well at the Saints.

All those who have previously said that Westaway wants to sign Lyon for 10 years have taken it out of context - it is only meant to mean that if he coaches for 10 years then things are looking good.

yipper
SS Life Member

spyglass wrote:Just to clarify something on Westaway's 10 year comments.

IIRC the actual comment was "I'd love it if he coached for 10 years" or words to that effect.

Taken in context of the surrounding conversation about stability it was meant that if he coached for 10 years then things must be going well at the Saints.

All those who have previously said that Westaway wants to sign Lyon for 10 years have taken it out of context - it is only meant to mean that if he coaches for 10 years then things are looking good.
Exactly - we would be having continual success etc. How that got taken out of context is just typical of the Australian media at present.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Win this week and Lyon probably will coach for ten years...

Especially if he can back it up on the 20th & 27th.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: A quick pat on the back for the club

rodgerfox wrote:The Pres has come out over there and rated their on-field season as a 5/10.

Richmond finished 9th. So 5/10 is about right.

What is the issue?

If the Richmond President does not want Wallace then he will get the Board to sack him or the President will resign and move on.

PS: don't believe everything you read in the press...or get too excited by quick media grab. Brown was meant to bea done deal to be at the Pies in 2009 last week!!!

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....