Jimmy Gwilt - 2 areas of improvement.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Jimmy Gwilt - 2 areas of improvement.

As far as I can see, Gwilt needs to work on two areas of improvement to become an AFL footballer, and cement his spot in our best 18.

1. Lead-up Marks - Too many times has he been Dr. Butterfingers on a lead. Possibly fitness related but I doubt it. Needs to practice taking marks at full pelt.

2. Kicking in pack situations - I don't know the stats on kicks smothered, but he seems to have a fair amount of them. It seems to be that he thinks he has more space than usual when opposition is in close, perhaps his eyes are looking long instead of short. It's probably these times where a handball would be a better option, or even a short run and kick.

Has played some really solid games since returning after the Carlton game, and is most definitely a forward, not a backman. I hope the Dempster injury doesn't send him back behind the ball.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

on the second point, he seems to be a typical tall forward with his kicking, takes a big wind up. Needs to look at vision of small forwards who when snapping tae a half wind up with a quicker kick. Hecklook at milney, even when everyone knows he will alwys snap no-one can get in there quick enough. With gwilt he shows to much of the ball to the opposition, thus allowing smoothers or tackles.

Both raph and gwilt need to take those lead up marks.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
sainter123
Club Player

raph is improved heaps.
i thought he was a lost cuase and wont be as good as his brother but hes getting their.
his performance latley have been exactly wot we need from him.
well done raph...