Fraser Gehrig

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Persuader wrote:He's been training every week throughout the year.

(But I personally would love to see him out there because I personally love him)
agree- he is out there every week and helping out- even getting to wear the yellow vest as the opposition 8-)

Comment of the day: 3/4 year old after getting his signature repeated her dad's thanks and then could be ehard as they walked away sayin "I got raser's, I got G's........"

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

He retired 15 weeks ago so I cannot see him playing. Loewe would have more hope.

LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:He retired 15 weeks ago so I cannot see him playing. Loewe would have more hope.
Should i start a thread on the pro's and con's of picking buckets? :wink:

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

LENNY LEADS THE WAY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:He retired 15 weeks ago so I cannot see him playing. Loewe would have more hope.
Him or jack daniels to replace CJ and who is the better kick.

sackers5
Club Player

LENNY LEADS THE WAY wrote:
too late, stewie has already embarked on a career as an indoor cricket player down at Oakleigh, bowls a decent short pitched ball (i suppose from that height it wouldn't be hard) - but is not much chop with the bat

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Far too much to ask for someone that is not match fit IMO....

Pity though, it would be great if he was and have Roo and Gtrain in the forward half and Kosi resting from the ruck in the back half to nullify Mooney's marking dominance in the Geelong forward line....

Mooney is the one to stop

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
saintly_safes
Club Player

karnaby wrote:
clarky449 wrote:He would do more then what kosi would do. Kosi cant string 2 games together he wont have another good game till next year now
Here we are in the midst of a week filled with hope & expectation yet we still have one of our own d1ckhead supporters gobbing off one of our players. Why don't you STFU :!: :!: :!:
My sentiments exactly "Go Kosi"

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

there's no way scarlett could run off a fit and firing gehrig...
if gehrig accidently breaks his leg! :wink:

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
battye
Saintsational Legend

Gehrig in for Charlie Gardiner?

Why not? Qualifying final, so we can afford to try it. If it pays off, well, we could just get an easy path to the preliminary final.

In a finals situation, against the best team in the competition, I think Gehrig might rise to the occasion.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

G train has played his last game of AFL football.

His hand is still rooted.

He just loves being part of the group and they love having him out there.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

if rooey and kosi were out for the gf (if we were to somehow make it) then g would play...there is no send off rule, punch his way to a flag...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

You idiot!

linz
Club Player

meher baba wrote:If he is truly fit enough, I would name him on the extended bench for Sunday and then have a bit of a think about it.

Even if he didn't take the field, the whole idea would certainly set (as it were) a pigeon among the Cats!!

I'm an old sentimentalist, and I'd love to see him play in the role that C Gardiner has played in the last few weeks.

But I can also understand why othe posters might feel differently.
I agree. On paper we can't beat the father/sons but then again we might if we do the unexpected. Name G @ Full Forward and Scarlett will have to follow. Then play G at full back. Time for some improvisaion. Their midfield however remains the major danger. Do we take them on or do we try & limit their success? We need to do both @ 100%. How TF did Collingwood beat them by 80+ points. I hope we've looked at the video.I suspect the pies fitness allowed constant pressure which resulted in turnovers.
We aren't as quick as the Pies so we'll have to go all out attack. Take'mon Saints

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:You idiot!
i will take a flag any way possible...im not talking about full on hall-esque king hits...just love taps at possible moments...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

So let me get this right.....

The last few weeks we get our forward line structure right and it is humming along........

.....but people want to change it?

What Roo and Kosi need to support them is a very mobile marking target - Charlie and Gwilt.....This mobility also provides support to our midfield.

....with a fleet of smalls to support them with crumbing and to provide alternate marking targets....for when you create space and lead well...anyone can bea marking target. Note that both Milne and Schneider mark in this way.

Importantly too this mobility assists in exerting maximum forward pressure and limiting our opponents running too easily out of defence.

Charlie/Gwilt Kosi Milne
Schneider Roo X/CJ/ Gwilt

We are better off without GTrain...or at least the GTrain that is able to play now.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

linz wrote:
meher baba wrote:If he is truly fit enough, I would name him on the extended bench for Sunday and then have a bit of a think about it.

Even if he didn't take the field, the whole idea would certainly set (as it were) a pigeon among the Cats!!

I'm an old sentimentalist, and I'd love to see him play in the role that C Gardiner has played in the last few weeks.

But I can also understand why othe posters might feel differently.
I agree. On paper we can't beat the father/sons but then again we might if we do the unexpected. Name G @ Full Forward and Scarlett will have to follow. Then play G at full back. Time for some improvisaion. Their midfield however remains the major danger. Do we take them on or do we try & limit their success? We need to do both @ 100%. How TF did Collingwood beat them by 80+ points. I hope we've looked at the video.I suspect the pies fitness allowed constant pressure which resulted in turnovers.
We aren't as quick as the Pies so we'll have to go all out attack. Take'mon Saints
I would go even further. I would rove G and ruck Milne. We need to do something different as we are only in the best form of our season. Even though G has retired and wouldnt be fit enough to get a kick in a local side he would do well on the ball in an AFL side. And Milnes leep would surely surprise the cats. Thinking about it Max at FF wouls be another surprise.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

I think its magnificent of Fraser to still train with the club and hang around the club, even knowning that he is basically retired and won't get a game.

three cheers for Fraser Gherig!!!!!

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:I think its magnificent of Fraser to still train with the club and hang around the club, even knowning that he is basically retired and won't get a game. three cheers for Fraser Gherig!!!!!
yes. it says a lot about his character. lesser blokes would have spat it. but he's sticking around to help.

watching them run out to play each weekend would be agonising.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

bigcarl wrote:
saintly wrote:I think its magnificent of Fraser to still train with the club and hang around the club, even knowning that he is basically retired and won't get a game. three cheers for Fraser Gherig!!!!!
yes. it says a lot about his character. lesser blokes would have spat it. but he's sticking around to help.

He is still a listed player... trains coz he may be required a s aback up... if he walked, he wouldn't get paid.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:

He is still a listed player... trains coz he may be required a s aback up... if he walked, he wouldn't get paid.

i realise this. it's his attitude i'm more impressed with than just his turning up.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

bigcarl wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:

i realise this. it's his attitude i'm more impressed with than just his turning up.
agreed. drop by one Saturday morning to show my son where my dad used to take me, and he was out there training some of the younger guys.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Well I suppose he's still contracted to the end of the year anyway.

I still haven't seen it written anywhere by the club, or any other official source, that he has again retired.

Such a shame because although he was frustrating at times, he really cut teams to ribbons when he was on song! I miss the G-Train :(

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
saintly
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:

maybe so, but he isn't getting paid much anyway - base payments this year.

he is helping out becuase he loves the club, the and it appears its mutual.

as the MX paper said, he 's not training to get picked he is assisting the club.
I doubt that it would be agonising for him to see the players run out each weekend without him. He's known since he went on the LTI list that his days were over.

give the guy the cudo's for training his guts out when he doesn't have to. give cudo's for assisting other players when he doesn't have to.
Last edited by saintly on Thu 04 Sep 2008 11:40am, edited 1 time in total.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Big man with an even bigger heart.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:

maybe so, but he isn't getting paid much anyway - base payments this year.

he is helping out becuase he loves the club, the and it appears its mutual.

as the MX paper said, he 's not training to get picked he is assisting the club.
I doubt that it would be agonising for him to see the players run out each weekend without him. He's known since he went on the LTI list that his days were over.

give the guy the cudo's for training his guts out when he doesn't have to. give cudo's for assisting other players when he doesn't have to.
He is also getting match payments because he got injured in a senior game.