Recent meeting!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Brooksy_Babe_24
Club Player

Recent meeting!

Just doing some research and found this...

St Kilda 4.7 7.8 10.11 13.16 (94)
Geelong 4.0 10.6 17.9 21.10 (136)
GOALS: St Kilda: J.Koschitzke 3, N.Riewoldt 3, S.Gilbert 2, F.Gehrig 2, S.Milne 2, L.Fisher
Geelong: S.Johnson 4, C.Mooney 3, T.Hawkins 3, J.Kelly 2, D.Wojcinski 2, M.Stokes 2, J.Selwood, J.Hunt, C.Ling, R.Gamble, P.Chapman
BEST:St Kilda: L.Montagna, L.Hayes, L.Ball, S.Fisher, B.Goddard, C.Jones, N.Dal Santo, S.Dempster, S.King, S.Milne, N.Riewoldt
Geelong: J.Bartel, J.Corey, C.Ling, G.Ablett, M.Scarlett, J.Hunt, J.Selwood, C.Enright, S.Johnson, D.Milburn, M.Stokes, J.Kelly, H.Taylor
Crowd: 44,368 at Telstra Dome on Saturday, 12th April

1st Q Killed us 4.7 to 4.0 11 scoring shots to 4 and the final margin???? We can match them... The only reason from memory they got away was because we had a one man bench!

Sure it's all different now but We have shown we can go head to head with them...

All i have to say is BRING THEM ON... BRING ON SUNDAY!!!!!

Brooksy I'll never Forget you

AKA Austinn's_Honey & Troy's_Gal
NEVER EVER BAG YOUR OWN PLAYERS

http://blog.myspace.com/sexc_saz
saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

That first quarter we were all over them and didnt convert, this is the number one thing we must do

Before Im 85
sainter123
Club Player

the diffrence now is our midfielders are going for shots on goal and thats something we werent doing too much at the start of the year. and something they do all the time.
if we tackle hard well win.
:D

HarveysDeciple

saintsrus wrote:That first quarter we were all over them and didnt convert, this is the number one thing we must do
won the clearances 13-2 in the first quarter.

That is total domination, sadly we squandered our chances badly in attack, much like the 04 Prelim.

I thought the game was over at quarter time......we had missed the boat and the cats were surely going to come at us.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Yep, I remember sitting there with ya at qtr time, lamenting our finishing skills.

Sure enough the Cats lifted their intensity and it was all over red rover.

spert
Saintsational Legend

I remember Ling running off NDS all too easy in the second quarter, and our forwards just not fighting hard enough to keep possession...no second efforts.

bozza1980
Club Player

I remember the first quarter thinking we wasted a real opportunity.

I also remember Xavier Clarke being picked off 20m off the ball and no free kick being awarded 30m out directly in front of our goal. I remember the stretcher coming on to the ground and play continuing until Mooney marked inside their 50m arc 12 pt turnaround.

I also remember them kicking something like 5 or 6 in a row in no time to take a match in the balance to the verge of monster blow out.

I also remember walking out of it thinking we would be a chance if we played them again. Maybe I'm just an optimist.