Credit To Raph Clarke

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

The slow one now will later be fast.

Dylan was onto something there.

Well done Raph. I've been unfairly critical of him all year.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

SideshowMilne wrote:
stinger wrote:
evertonfc wrote:My heart swelled a little with pride today to see him play with such dash and flair...but with some intensity and awareness, too..
give him some credit ffs........
Sam23 wrote:
evertonfc wrote:My heart swelled a little with pride today to see him play with such dash and flair...but with some intensity and awareness, too.
Disgraceful post.

3 solid games in a row for Raph now.
Above is my pet hate with SS. Somone writes a personal opinion which is pretty close to the mark (and contains praise mind you), and it gets beat down by a couple of one-eyed dingbats who can only tolerate 100% positive sentiments posted. Without educated fan opinion both ways SS is worthless.
Sensationally accurate.

Generally, you learn pretty quickly how some view footy.

Some like to read the game, others try to read the game, some just want to bag things constantly, others won't accept anything other than 100% praise. Everyone has their own method.

I know nothing there was wrong with my post. And I know none of the thinking posters of this site had a crack at it, save for TTT - who I hope would have re-read that I mentioned the 2005 QF as evidence that Raph has to ability to perform in finals football. Followers of my posts would also realise that I have frequently suggested the second half of Raph's 2005 campaign was his most promising to date.

A few of the usual suspects get all cranky, but they're welcome to their view too. They refuse to see that the praise I gave him and only focus on the positives.

However, I'm entitled to my view. It's pretty simple. It's great to see Raph up and about, but whether he is capable of holding down a top Geelong forward - some of the best in the comp - is a serious question. It's the type of question that needs an answer if we're going to win.

I'm not sure it's worthy of abuse, but hey, that's their style and I'll continue to post how I see fit. As will they.
Last edited by evertonfc on Tue 02 Sep 2008 3:00pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

busso mick
Club Player

When we were surging in the last quarter last week he picked up a loose ball in traffic in defense and saw an opening and weaved through the opposition like they didn't exist and got the ball forward for another scoring opportunity. It reminded me of how Andrew McLeod goes about his work, and if we are to succeed in the finals we need some risk taking and daring run like that passage of play.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

busso mick wrote:if we are to succeed in the finals we need some risk taking and daring run like that passage of play.
exactly

matrix
Saintsational Legend

yup...gave him a bit of curry over the year, not as bad as friggin some, but curry none the less.
slowly has improved and has been a steady contributor recently.

is it just me or has he beefed up a little, his arms dont seem as skinny anymore.
i just want to see him do wha X does...when he receives the footy, just run...farking take off...the players up the ground will see it and just move, create the play raph, have a go and take them on, when u see the gaps, heard straight for them and hit roo and koz on the tits mate 8-)

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
raph was criticised so much on here it caused him depression.........don't take my word for it....that comes from his mum......
If this is true, it is just fkn appalling. The armchair hero's really are a bunch of gutless pr!cks.

If what stinger posts is correct, and I have no reason to doubt him, then some people here need wake the F*** up to themselves.

Critisism of a player is fine. The bile and vitriol slated toward a 21 y.o. was a fkn disgrace.

the kid has epilepsy, the kids dad is gravely ill. The kid has come back and played good football.

If I was Raph Clarke I would tell all those supporters to get F**Ked and look for another club.

I feel sick to my stomach that you pricks got away with the s.hite you piled on a young blokes head.

As i said at the time I reckon a lot has to do with the colour of his skin. Some latent racists out there who would use his poor form to insult and defame him in every possible manner. And the ones who screamed loudest are usually the one with something to hide.

Good on you Raph Clarke, you will always have a supporter in me. Always.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
stinger wrote:
raph was criticised so much on here it caused him depression.........don't take my word for it....that comes from his mum......
If this is true, it is just fkn appalling. The armchair hero's really are a bunch of gutless pr!cks.

If what stinger posts is correct, and I have no reason to doubt him, then some people here need wake the F*** up to themselves.

Critisism of a player is fine. The bile and vitriol slated toward a 21 y.o. was a fkn disgrace.

the kid has epilepsy, the kids dad is gravely ill. The kid has come back and played good football.

If I was Raph Clarke I would tell all those supporters to get F**Ked and look for another club.

I feel sick to my stomach that you pricks got away with the s.hite you piled on a young blokes head.

As i said at the time I reckon a lot has to do with the colour of his skin. Some latent racists out there who would use his poor form to insult and defame him in every possible manner. And the ones who screamed loudest are usually the one with something to hide.

Post of the Week **************** Nah, Bugga it, Post of the Month !!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:yup...gave him a bit of curry over the year, not as bad as friggin some, but curry none the less.
slowly has improved and has been a steady contributor recently.
And as i said maxicutter, nothing wrong with critisising a player. Raph was playing poorly and deserved critisism, but not the slander, hate, bile, and pure abuse he copped.

It went way beyond football, way beyond. And the see you next tuesdays know what they said.

Gutless arseholes :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
matrix
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:

if thats true then these people should be f****** damn right ashamed and get the smack put on em...
and should not be part of our club or supporter group.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
SideshowMilne wrote:
stinger wrote:
evertonfc wrote:My heart swelled a little with pride today to see him play with such dash and flair...but with some intensity and awareness, too..
give him some credit ffs........
Sam23 wrote:
evertonfc wrote:My heart swelled a little with pride today to see him play with such dash and flair...but with some intensity and awareness, too.
Disgraceful post.

3 solid games in a row for Raph now.
Above is my pet hate with SS. Somone writes a personal opinion which is pretty close to the mark (and contains praise mind you), and it gets beat down by a couple of one-eyed dingbats who can only tolerate 100% positive sentiments posted. Without educated fan opinion both ways SS is worthless.
Sensationally accurate.

Generally, you learn pretty quickly how some view footy.

Some like to read the game, others try to read the game, some just want to bag things constantly, others won't accept anything other than 100% praise. Everyone has their own method.

I know nothing there was wrong with my post. And I know none of the thinking posters of this site had a crack at it, save for TTT - who I hope would have re-read that I mentioned the 2005 QF as evidence that Raph has to ability to perform in finals football. Followers of my posts would also realise that I have frequently suggested the second half of Raph's 2005 campaign was his most promising to date.

A few of the usual suspects get all cranky, but they're welcome to their view too. They refuse to see that the praise I gave him and only focus on the positives.

However, I'm entitled to my view. It's pretty simple. It's great to see Raph up and about, but whether he is capable of holding down a top Geelong forward - some of the best in the comp - is a serious question. It's the type of question that needs an answer if we're going to win.

I'm not sure it's worthy of abuse, but hey, that's their style and I'll continue to post how I see fit. As will they.

i didn't abuse you...all i said was that you should give the guy some credit ....the other poster also didn't abuse you.....said your post was disgraceful.........that's an opinion...not abuse..
...for sticking up for a boy who has suffered at the hands f -wits on this site...i get called a dingbat by someone i suspect is just a troll........and get a couple of nasty little digs from you.......does that affect me.....

...no couldn't give a rats.....

..and like you i will continue to express my opinions......as i see fit....... :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Last edited by stinger on Tue 02 Sep 2008 3:21pm, edited 1 time in total.

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Lets just cut the crap and enjoy the rich vein of form that Raph, and a few others are in atm !!

Sobraz
SS Life Member

bigcarl wrote:
Sobraz wrote:Massive Raph fan... Plays the game the way I wish I could...

One thing ive noiced since he's been back in the side is his size... He looks like he has grown up and sideways, and is now much stronger than even a few months ago..

He has a great frame and is filling out... its only going to get better for Raph..
people are saying kosi's the wildcard going in to september and that might be true, but i reckon it's more so for raphael.

a very good player (potentially a very, very good player) that the competition has written off and will pay scant respect.

i'd bring in his older brother X for dempster and free raphael up to create ... loose across half back or on the wing or even on the ball for a bit.
X, if fit, must be in for mine as he has some serious, well, X factor... X is also a more defensive player than Raph, in that he can tacklesand harrass...

Raph free from the wing to HF would cause headaches for opposition, no doubt, and X's inclusion should allow this...

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:Lets just cut the crap and enjoy the rich vein of form that Raph, and a few others are in atm !!

i will go along with that.......like others on here....did me real good to see raph shine at the weekend........dipsticks can't take that pleasure away from me....or raph........ :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Good to see Raph stick it up us and prove that he can play at this level. Hopefully he brings this form into finals! Congrats Raph, earlier this year I reckon his future at the club was up for speculation, but he's turned it around the last 3 weeks. Well done Raph, keep it up mate.

The Saints are coming!
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Should we blame Grant Thomas for this division?

After all, it was he who suggested that Raph would be All Australian one day. Geezus, I hope he is right !!

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

True Blue Sainter wrote:Good to see Raph stick it up us and prove that he can play at this level. Hopefully he brings this form into finals! Congrats Raph, earlier this year I reckon his future at the club was up for speculation, but he's turned it around the last 3 weeks. Well done Raph, keep it up mate.
Has been more like 6 weeks, took two BOG's at Casey on the way into the AFL side.

Truly a story of success through adversity.

Saint Mik
Club Player

stinger wrote:

I hope this is a joke, getting depressed from some flogs blog on here as Mac would say

YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS

Sounds like Mum looking after her boy to me, Raph would hate this comming out on here.

What a load of crap

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
bigred
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
stinger wrote:

HEAR HEAR.

Well said JB.....Well said.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Saint Mik
Club Player

On a positive note, I was told today about a tatoo under his arm (picture in todays paper herald sun)

Does anyone know what it says at all, I was told but in a round about way

Something about family maybe?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Saint Mik wrote:
stinger wrote:

I hope this is a joke, getting depressed from some flogs blog on here as Mac would say

YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS

Sounds like Mum looking after her boy to me, Raph would hate this comming out on here.

What a load of crap

CRAP IS IT????????....you have a flowering short memory.........forgotten have you..... when clubs advised their players not to access fan forums........it was reported at the time....even the concerns expressed by some parents....they were not named at the time though.......i don't give a fat rats half eaten clacker if you believe me or not ffs...... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

you might however be right about raph not wanting it COMING out though....... :evil:
Last edited by stinger on Tue 02 Sep 2008 5:35pm, edited 1 time in total.

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

It says: Do it for the ones you love
Do it for your family

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

...and a nice bit of inkwork at that!

Raf has really stood up over the past few weeks! Very happy to have him in the side doing what he's been doing! It'd be great if X came in with him this week!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

snoopygirl wrote:It says: Do it for the ones you love
Do it for your family

the ps is on the other side...........something about flogs and forums........ :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Saint Mik
Club Player

stinger wrote:
Saint Mik wrote:
stinger wrote:

YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS

What a load of crap

CRAP IS IT????????....you have a flowering short memory.........forgotten have you..... when clubs advised their players not to access fan forums........it was reported at the time....even the concerns expressed by some parents....they were not named at the time though.......i don't give a fat rats half eaten clacker if you believe me or not ffs...... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

you might however be right about raph not wanting it COMING out though....... :evil:
You are not alone Stinger, Raph would not give a fat rats half eaten clacker :roll:

Dont kid yourself this forum would not mean Jack shyte to our players

What a joke and a load of CRAP :lol:

I think it is funny that you think this forum would upset our players, maybe Mum yes but the boys no way.

You must be a mummy's boy too Stinger :lol:

Dont get upset now :shock:

Saint Mik
Club Player

snoopygirl wrote:It says: Do it for the ones you love
Do it for your family
Cheers Snoopy :wink: