Kosis form

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

busso mick
Club Player

Kosis form

From appearing disinterested and out of form his effort yesterday with 22 possesions and 14 marks is a great sign. If we are to do some damage in the finals he will have a big say on how far we can go. Well done big fella!

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Appearances can be deceptive.
You only neede to see/speak to Kosi at training during the past few weeks to know where his heart lies and hsis passion to play well for the Club.

I have no real knowledge but nevertheless I am certain that he has been hampered/restricted by the knee injury that he suffered a few weeks back. IMHO it has severely restricted teh amount and type of training he has ben able to do which has affected his fitness. Maybe he is now getting back on track and is re-building his core fitness base, enabling him to compete better/longer?

wasoncestkil58
Club Player

Was at the game and it was obvious that Kosi was moving a lot freer? than recent past efforts and he could be the wild card we need. Also just loved the game that Goddard played. I just love it when he has the ball in his hands. Also congrats to Raph Clarke, didn't make a blue all night I think and eleven possies in last qtr was great. Still we can't get too carried away because there was little or no opposition.

busso mick
Club Player

Agree about he lack of opposition Ron, Essendon did a very good impression of training cones. Still top 4 is the place to be at this time of year and all games in Melbourne is a real plus.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:Appearances can be deceptive.
You only neede to see/speak to Kosi at training during the past few weeks to know where his heart lies and hsis passion to play well for the Club.

I have no real knowledge but nevertheless I am certain that he has been hampered/restricted by the knee injury that he suffered a few weeks back. IMHO it has severely restricted teh amount and type of training he has ben able to do which has affected his fitness. Maybe he is now getting back on track and is re-building his core fitness base, enabling him to compete better/longer?
How come before yesterday his best 2 games were straight after the injury. Lets face it he had no opposition yesterday and as I said in a thread last week the big test comes next week when it matters. I hope Kosi can deliver as we need him like probably no other player in the side.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

How come before yesterday his best 2 games were straight after the injury. Lets face it he had no opposition yesterday and as I said in a thread last week the big test comes next week when it matters. I hope Kosi can deliver as we need him like probably no other player in the side.
Modern football is 99% between the ears and confidence is a very powerful emotion !!

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

Eastern wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Modern football is 99% between the ears and confidence is a very powerful emotion !!
Boy is that an understatement as we've found out this year.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

I have been disappointed with Kosi this year, and was very worried about his form and effort.
But regardless of the opposition, I was very happy with his movement on Sunday. He can wipeout my concerns in '08 with three/four more big games... Go Kosi

Seeya
steph
Club Player

it puzzles me how one week people call kosi our wildcard and could be the difference etc etc....then the following week are calling to trade him. why would you trade someone that could be 'the difference'??

kosi's game yesterday is a sign of things to come. with kos, it's not about his opponent beating him, he can take anyone they got to throw at us. if he's in the right mindset, and has the self confidence, he can tear anyone apart.

lets hope he can do this and geelong wont know what hit em

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

steph wrote:it puzzles me how one week people call kosi our wildcard and could be the difference etc etc....then the following week are calling to trade him. why would you trade someone that could be 'the difference'??

kosi's game yesterday is a sign of things to come. with kos, it's not about his opponent beating him, he can take anyone they got to throw at us. if he's in the right mindset, and has the self confidence, he can tear anyone apart.

My guess is that the people calling him our wildcard aren't the same as those calling for him to be traded.
Steph, I can see that you're a one eyed Kosi fan, but we've just heard so much about what Kosi's going to do, rather than him just doing it. That's what I'm tired of. We've had so many "signs of things to come". Don't get me wrong, he was good yesterday and that was a good step. But he needs to deliver consistently, not live off one or two good performances as signs of things to come and then go missing for weeks on end. That's where he needs to step up and if he does, I'm sure you'll find the doubters will disappear.

steph
Club Player

st.byron wrote:
steph wrote:it puzzles me how one week people call kosi our wildcard and could be the difference etc etc....then the following week are calling to trade him. why would you trade someone that could be 'the difference'??

My guess is that the people calling him our wildcard aren't the same as those calling for him to be traded.
Steph, I can see that you're a one eyed Kosi fan, but we've just heard so much about what Kosi's going to do, rather than him just doing it. That's what I'm tired of. We've had so many "signs of things to come". Don't get me wrong, he was good yesterday and that was a good step. But he needs to deliver consistently, not live off one or two good performances as signs of things to come and then go missing for weeks on end. That's where he needs to step up and if he does, I'm sure you'll find the doubters will disappear.

i'm the first to admit i'm a one-eyed kosi fan, cos as you've mentioned we have seen what he can do, and for mine you dont trade players that have shown that kind of quality. and there are posters on here who have argued both cases.

agreed he needs to find some consistency, cos his worst and his best are miles apart, i personally have the faith that he is on the right track to that happening. i know his haters will be sick of hearing it but we need patience and he'll prove he's worth our faith.

bethb7
Club Player

He has heart & just wants to play well for the team & club there is no doubts in that. Just been hampered by injury I really hope it all comes together for him, in this final series.
Fingers Crossed!

If you can't give the commitment you gave this year and you don't want to improve, you can go because we have unfinished business-Ross Lyon
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

With JG, Schneids, Milne and Roo up fwd, and Raph on the wing, Kosi should now play as a ruck/rover... where he can do most damage.

However, in order to allow that, we need an extra fwd to free up Roo.

Kosi is now finding form when drifting around the ground. If he is allowed the luxury, he will have a good finals campaign.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

positives from the game.....

kossi has....imo..........turned his season around......

..picky picky...... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

the poster underneath....... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Last edited by stinger on Mon 01 Sep 2008 11:43pm, edited 4 times in total.

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Re: positives from the game.....

stinger wrote:

...kossi turned his season around.....

One game.

Hardly turned his season around.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
stinger
Saintsational Legend

did you see the game.....?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

you don't trade match winners ffs.....

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Kosi, match winner?

Did YOU see the game?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Kosi, match winner?

Did YOU see the game?

i didn't say yesterday fool...... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

steph
Club Player

stinger wrote:you don't trade match winners ffs.....
exactly right

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Anyone else noted that in the past 10 weeks we have lost 2 games?

And Kosi has missed two!!!!! - Those two!!!!!

starsign
Club Player

Anyway it was just the confidence building game that the big fella needed ahead of the next couple of weeks

Its good to see he is getting over the knee which has obviously hampered him of recent weeks , and with this continual improvement in fitness to couple with his big heart , don't worry he will be making his presence felt out on the G over September

one thing you can count on, he will be still casting a big shaddow which won't get any shorter as the game goes on, and he will cause a few opposition headaches, and hopefully do us proud!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

i have a good feeling about sunday.....

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Nice try Sainter_Dad, but Kosi did play against Collingwood round 19.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Nice try Sainter_Dad, but Kosi did play against Collingwood round 19.
ooooppppssss! - lol