why 4th spot is no good for the saints

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
StSteven wrote:There are some ridiculous myths around re Geelong.

I have many Cats supporting friends and family and not ONE of them is scared of facing St Kilda. (Collingwood made them a bit edgy but I guess not after tonight)! Only GT thinks Cats are afraid of Saints....(he can't get over their success compared to Saints)

Secondly Cats will be tired as teams will throw everything at them. That has been happening all year as everyone primed themselves to have a go at them. Look at the results and their percentage.

I would prefer to leave them to GF but the double chance is worth having.
I dont think Cats are scared of us.

But I do believe IF we got a crack at them in final with a chance to put Harvey 1 game off a GF......wed be tough opposition.

I know we arent Geelong...but I also know that we had them smashed for almost 2 qtrs last time and HAD we been able to kick straight and apply some scoreboard pressure.....I reckon we wouldve genuinely pushed them..(also need a S Johnson stopper...we dont have one...)

Bring em on...a mere flesh wound!!
Well it's the morning and the scotch and prozac has worn off and I still feel the same. I also agree with you Teflon, we really had a good go at them earlier on in the year. We are better now and I suppose what I am saying is that the improvement we have left in us between now and the GF would be exponential hence winning every game between now and then would a huge bonus for us but we wont win in week one against Geelong but I reckon we could in week 4 if all the cards fall our way. Geelong wouldn't fear us now but if my romanitic fairytale goes to plan they just might come GF day. You only need a small crack.

Schillaci
Club Player

4th and double chance is obviously better than 5th -8th. :roll:

Given our form earlier in the year when we were looking a genuine rabble it would be an amazing result. Would give us a good look at Geelong if we lost and then were to win in finals weeks 2 & 3... and if we could win a first final against the Cats we would be in the box seat...week off and confidence to burn.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

if we can't beat the cats in round 1 we aren't going to beat them in round 4 of the finals

better to go in 100% and at least find out where we are.

people talk about structure and missing pieces in the list, how different in personel is the cats side here from the one in 2006? not very.

who is the cats FF? mooney is their cHF?!

they are playing consistent, hard, disciplined team football, trusting their team mates to do the right thing.

much like folks were talking about a generation of WCE champions, it turns out 5 players were the key, similar at Geelong, they have a handful of stars the rest contribute.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Dan Warna wrote:if we can't beat the cats in round 1 we aren't going to beat them in round 4 of the finals

better to go in 100% and at least find out where we are.

people talk about structure and missing pieces in the list, how different in personel is the cats side here from the one in 2006? not very.

who is the cats FF? mooney is their cHF?!

they are playing consistent, hard, disciplined team football, trusting their team mates to do the right thing.

much like folks were talking about a generation of WCE champions, it turns out 5 players were the key, similar at Geelong, they have a handful of stars the rest contribute.
Yup, agree DW.

If we are good enough... we can beat anyone anytime. Simple.

All this talk about losing or finishing 4th is irrelevant IMO.

We are in, and we'll take on all comers anywhere... anytime.

All I want to see from now on is 4 quters of effort and disciplined footy. If we lose to a better team because we haven't done the above, then so be it... and it's our fault.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Winmarvellous
Club Player

also agree with you Teflon, we really had a good go at them earlier on in the year.
And still lost by 10 goals. If that constitutes a gritty win for the Cats, look out come September. And they aren't scared of anyone, stop kidding yourselves. St Kilda will have to pull one out of the box to beat them, but anythings possible. Let's just not kid ourselves about the difference betwwen the two teams. Soome on here still rant about "The Streak". Geelong have lost about two in 40, with a flag in between. Not even comparable.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

I hope this thread is a joke.

We get a *chance* to knock Geelong off and test ourselves - imagine the confidence the boys will get even by pushing them close - and then we get two finals in Melbourne.

Come on. Reality check, please.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

4th is the BEST possible spot we can finish.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Schillaci
Club Player

Looking more likely thanks to Freo and Port. Go Doggies so we can do our bit.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Re: why 4th spot is no good for the saints

Cairnsman wrote:It's obviously a long shot but I don't think 4th spot would suit us. I think we would benifit from having to play the extra games to get into the GF because our consistency has been down all year and whilst we have been getting some rythym going recently I think if we can smash the Bombers and head into the finals with no injuries and win the the first final well then I think we would be hard to stop. Geelong would have us down as one of the teams they wouldn't want to meet in the GF. You know it makes sense.
I've seen people go Troppo. I've heard stories of people going Tropo. Now I've seen it written.