Think of next week and we are gone...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Think of next week and we are gone...

Collingwood just showed us...what happens IF we go in ahead of oursleves Sunday.

I know Bombers have a lot out but its now in our hands totally - expectation IS something we must deal with and Im worried big time bout this game...Bombers have so much "emotional" cr@p going on here and to play for they will be breathing fire IF we dont match that early and take them out of the equation early we could be seeing Rob Harvey walk off for the last time (perhaps) in Adelaide. F@rk that.

I want to win a game (and not on a the rebound after a bad loss) when it matters most. It matters most now.

Cmon sainters.

Should we get this and results go as expected...we get a crack at Sydney .....and some redemption for an 05 prelim loss against a thug...

“Yeah….nah””
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Collingwood would be shattered by that loss..and IMHO have done us a massive favour by showing just what can happen if we arent focussed

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Let's hope North aren't focussed either.....

Bring back the Lockett era
choowy
Club Player

Don't mean to be rude falla's, but that was a pretty ordinary collingwood team tonight, they would have struggled to beat North Sunshine.
You can only patch up problems for a period of time, your luck will finally run out.
________
MARIJUANA VAPORIZERS
Last edited by choowy on Tue 15 Feb 2011 2:24am, edited 1 time in total.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

We dont have an awesome record asgainst Bumbers (just got over them in the pre season comp with a much more experienced side in.....).

Yes we beat them early easy enough (after getting out to 50 pts before allowing them to get back within 16...)

This game is gonna be tough I genuinely hope mentally we come switched on or we are in for a nasty shock and a trip interstate...

“Yeah….nah””
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

If I was Roo, Id be on the phone or text to a few of the boys right now, making sure they know that Collingwood now could be us on Sunday 7pm if we arent switched on from the get-go

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:If I was Roo, Id be on the phone or text to a few of the boys right now, making sure they know that Collingwood now could be us on Sunday 7pm if we arent switched on from the get-go
Yep its all mental from here on in - theyve got a head start with the Ramma, Johnson, Peverill announcements so its a game that IMO tests our professional ability to turn up WITHOUT a "Harvey" factor and perform.

“Yeah….nah””
rexy
SS Life Member

only have to look back 3 weeks to see what can happen if you are not switched on, we should be setting targets beyond a win to get the intensity up early, danger game IMO

Maybe this year?
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

I Just cant believe some of the posters on here....

I believe we will make the GF and then its up to them...

The last time the Saints played on Sept 27 was GF against Adelaide...

I remember that day well...

It was my son's 7th birthday and this year is his 18th...

I remember my son crying for 2 hours on his birthday back in 97 and him being the sport he is sang the Adelaide song with tears down his eyes...and purchased the DVD....

Some may know this, but my son is autistic and his love is sports...but his greatest love is the Saints

He running up and down the hall for the last 4 weeks wanting it to happen on his 18th....

It will be amazing if we get there...

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:I Just cant believe some of the posters on here....

I believe we will make the GF and then its up to them...

The last time the Saints played on Sept 27 was GF against Adelaide...

I remember that day well...

It was my son's 7th birthday and this year is his 18th...

I remember my son crying for 2 hours on his birthday back in 97 and him being the sport he is sang the Adelaide song with tears down his eyes...and purchased the DVD....

Some may know this, but my son is autistic and his love is sports...but his greatest love is the Saints

He running up and down the hall for the last 4 weeks wanting it to happen on his 18th....

It will be amazing if we get there...
I hope for ALL our sakes we get their Fid but this game is exactly the type of game we dont turn up to - my view is for ALL long suffering fans these are the games that are in danger of mentally getting away from us WE MUST play with the intensity we showed against Crows (not qtr 1)

The time for our team to stop picking and choosing its efforts, its qtrs etc etc is over. IF we are seriously gonna do anything in September then 4 qtrs are required. Id be telling players finals have started, this is it, we want 4 qtrs of effort.

“Yeah….nah””
BakesFan
SS Life Member

We've got to win!!
We'll get a home final and we won't have to wear that F@RKIN white nightie!!

CARN SAINTERS!!!

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
Sobraz
SS Life Member

BakesFan wrote:We've got to win!!
We'll get a home final and we won't have to wear that F@RKIN white nightie!!

CARN SAINTERS!!!
not so sure.... If we're up against the pies, what makes you think they will wear a clash jumper.... for a final...

Eddy's head will explode...

Much like North had to wear their clash at their home game, I wouldnt be surpirsed if the AFL came down on us to wear that white tragic...

starsign
Club Player

now the Kangas have had the afternoon off!
We can grab 4th if the Doggies get up.. (and we win)
How often do you see lowly sides toppling finals contenders in the last home and away game?
Happens every year and my footy tipping always suffers
Last game for the year and a last chance to impress and save a flagging t career for some. Add on emotional effort for retiring teamates in the lower sides also, as against back-of-the-mind thoughts of next week and a wish to be fit and out there on the park for their finalist opponents and you have the perfect recipe for an upset
It doesn't take much to tip the balance between sides.

Sainters beware. 100% effort and intensity for 4 quarters essential against the Bombers
Hopefully their lack of goalkickers and poor form could go agaist the Crows though they have 4th spot incentive now, but my monies on the Doggies!

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

starsign wrote:
How often do you see lowly sides toppling finals contenders in the last home and away game?
Though PA are nota true lowly side as they have only just lost alot of games.

In 2007 they out-performed by just winning a lot of close games.

The true PA is somewhere in-between....a finge finals team.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....