the vienna boys choir

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

the vienna boys choir

the cousins debate raises an interesting question...looked back through the records & couldnt see the vienna boys choir taking out a flag

imo one of the reasons we are the worst performed club in the history of the game is our lack of not being able to manage the 'different' personalities it takes to make up a footy club

only need to look at the likes of carl,stewart,perovic,sidy,owen,lockett,hall,everitt ,winmar to name a few who we lost at vital times in our history when we were in the zone

g/final teams are made up of all types of 'personalities' ...the great teams of the past 40 yrs or so (rich,carl,ess,hawth,bears) had more than their share of these 'personalities' what they were able to do was manage them to once they entered the ground to fix their mind one one thing...to get the fn footy

i've used the term 'personalities'...can be replaced with whatever term you want to use

end of the day the only thing that counts IS A FLAG & how you get it or who you get it with means jack chyt

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

i gotta agree

we are getting desperate we need to win a second flag if that meand throwing away our morals so be it , it prove being clean gets you no where look at every premiership team for the last decade every one of them has an egotistical prick with a shady background ... heck in our best year 2004 we had off feild issuse !!!! maybe having the odd d**khead /badboy ego driven git is the secret to winning a flag ???? heck it helps carlton and essendon enough !!!

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
The Saintsational Man
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:We are getting desperate we need to win a second flag if that meand throwing away our morals so be it
I don't think picking up Ben Cousins would be considered throwing away our morals.

Sure questions would be raised, but with that been said, I don't believe a club should ever compromise morals on the basis of been successful.

That's not St Kilda and all our fans are still here, even after all the heartbreak, all of us are still here.

I don't know about any1 else, but i'm not going anywhere.

Throwing away morals would be Collingwood playing Didak and Shaw come finals time, I know we wouldn't do it, but I bet you Collingwood are thinking about it.

:wink:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: the vienna boys choir

rogerwa wrote:the cousins debate raises an interesting question...looked back through the records & couldnt see the vienna boys choir taking out a flag

imo one of the reasons we are the worst performed club in the history of the game is our lack of not being able to manage the 'different' personalities it takes to make up a footy club

only need to look at the likes of carl,stewart,perovic,sidy,owen,lockett,hall,everitt ,winmar to name a few who we lost at vital times in our history when we were in the zone

g/final teams are made up of all types of 'personalities' ...the great teams of the past 40 yrs or so (rich,carl,ess,hawth,bears) had more than their share of these 'personalities' what they were able to do was manage them to once they entered the ground to fix their mind one one thing...to get the fn footy

i've used the term 'personalities'...can be replaced with whatever term you want to use

end of the day the only thing that counts IS A FLAG & how you get it or who you get it with means jack chyt
excellent post roger.......you can add the names of matty lappin and the wakelin girls to that list.........

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

Excellent point in managing the difficult personalities, we showed very little stewardship or leadership with many of those players, especially when they were raw kids.

As for this...
rogerwa wrote:the cousins debate raises an interesting question...looked back through the records & couldnt see the vienna boys choir taking out a flag
West Australians have such short memories. 86 VFL flag went to the VBC.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Ahhh, Cowboy 18, but I have heard a nasty rumour that, during the mid-winter part of the season, some of their performances were on ice!!

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

The St Kilda “We could not handle themâ€

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

[quote="saintsRrising"]The St Kilda “We could not handle themâ€

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

My objection to Ben Cousins is not on moral grounds.

I don't see the long term value in a 30 year old with a recent history of repeated hamstring injuries.

I know I am in the minority, but they are my concerns.

I also believe that everyone deserves a second chance. But it would be a calculated risk on our part on his injury front.

They are my concerns for what they are worth.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

[quote="meher baba"][quote="saintsRrising"]The St Kilda “We could not handle themâ€

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

looking at that photo cowboy it has a remarkable resemblence to the team that played over here 4 weeks ago against the eagles

how much has that effort come back to bite us on the bum...not only did we cough up the 4 points but more importantly we coughed up 4th spot

talking about personalities your namesake cowboy is one who we have managed to harvest & after 40 odd yrs he's still with us

BakesFan
SS Life Member

SENsaintsational wrote:My objection to Ben Cousins is not on moral grounds.

I don't see the long term value in a 30 year old with a recent history of repeated hamstring injuries.

I know I am in the minority, but they are my concerns.

I also believe that everyone deserves a second chance. But it would be a calculated risk on our part on his injury front.

They are my concerns for what they are worth.
Fair concerns, SENsaintsational.

I guess the club has to decide what we're doing A.H. (After Harvey)
Do we top up and press for an ever elusive Flag; or start the re-build?

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
sculsaintstar

cowboy18 wrote:
West Australians have such short memories. 86 VFL flag went to the VBC.

Ahh yes.... remember it well. Such a shame that they were kicked out for steroid abuse.

who what where and tell me how!