OFFICIAL TEAMS ROUND 22 Stkilda VS essendon

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

sunsaint wrote:I just dont buy into this "I hate Fiora" thread everytime he is named.
I will defer to the fact that he has what I would call some poor games, but he is not alone
If he gets a run he lines up on the wing and who of the kids would be more serviceable. If Lyon was prepared to drop NDS then he must be following orders on field.
And it cant all be down to just Lyon naming Fiora. SURELY, Roo and the leadership group would have had a little whisper in the ear about him.
Agree in principle... but we know more than RL. :lol:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
remboy
SS Hall of Fame

I wouldn't think there would be a change. Surprising that X wasn't given a run. I'd have thought if Ross wanted him to play finals he'd be playing this week.
Mind you if the 22 who run out on the weekend (regardless of who they are) can't thump that Bombers side there's something wrong.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

the thing with ross lyon and Fiora is simple

IMO RL is turning over the list and putting an emphasis on hard work. The players that work the hardest off the field, will get the nod ahead of players that maybe more talented but less dedicated.

This is a double edged sword in that guys like Blake, Jones, Dempster, Fiora etc get pushed more and more, and are rewarded more often than guys like Raph, Birss, Armitage (to name a few) who may at times actually be performing better at times. That's not to say that the b4 mentioned players are bad or have not improved, cos with maybe the exception Fiora, they all have significantly this season.
Whilst this may cost us in the short term, it sends a very clear message to a player like Raph that he has to work harder if he wants a go and IMO, the kid has responded to this.

It gives incentives to the guys on the list to work harder. No doubt that if he was 10 years younger, Rob Harvey woud clearly be captain of this club.

It's also IMO a clear indicator that we'd be very interested in Ben Cousins who is a machine

saintly
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:
matrixcutter wrote:
Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:charters is palying his first and last game for the dons...

harsh as he is getting delisted and has already been told
thats just friggin plain rude.
but i spose they have something like 26 fit players left so i spose they had no choice.

still....bit rich.
at least if he never gets picked up he can say he played afl :?
What if he is BOG?
he is on the interchange bench might only be picked as emergency.

Batnoe

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:
ralphysaints35 wrote:Ross's love for fiora s***s me , cant see the guy delisting one of his pets.
ross has had a love for dempster too and look at the results for one of ross' little bum-buddy friends...

look in the end ross knows so much more than you so give it a rest
we all saw last year that Fiora can play

He is there because he can.. what does he have to do to make people like him?

Get 30 possessions, 15 hard ball gets, kick 4 goals?

He isnt that type of player....

He will get 10-15 possessions and will hit targets 14 out of 15 times... give the guy a break

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Batnoe wrote:
Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:
ralphysaints35 wrote:Ross's love for fiora s***s me , cant see the guy delisting one of his pets.
ross has had a love for dempster too and look at the results for one of ross' little bum-buddy friends...

look in the end ross knows so much more than you so give it a rest
we all saw last year that Fiora can play

He is there because he can.. what does he have to do to make people like him?

Get 30 possessions, 15 hard ball gets, kick 4 goals?

He isnt that type of player....

He will get 10-15 possessions and will hit targets 14 out of 15 times... give the guy a break
Must be kidding.... the guy is nearing 28 and still cant cement a spot, and is infact going backwards...

what makes you think he is of value is a better question...

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

I have lost patience with Fiora.

Get Cousins and cut this receiver.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Sobraz
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:I have lost patience with Fiora.

i agree with the post above.....

SAINT JUMP
Club Player

At lease we know what weve got with Fiora, and wont bring any trouble to the club. You can walk anywhere with your head held high Fizz. Cant put a price on that.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:
sunsaint wrote:I just dont buy into this "I hate Fiora" thread everytime he is named.
I will defer to the fact that he has what I would call some poor games, but he is not alone
If he gets a run he lines up on the wing and who of the kids would be more serviceable. If Lyon was prepared to drop NDS then he must be following orders on field.
And it cant all be down to just Lyon naming Fiora. SURELY, Roo and the leadership group would have had a little whisper in the ear about him.
disagree. Fiora is a waste of space in a STK jumper.
And seeing as we all know less than Lyon, the leadership group and anyone else close to the inner sanctum, we might as well just shut this forum down and keep our opinions to ourselves.

killa_gram
Club Player

From what I hear RL has certain players that he nominated before the season as "go to players" who are meant to work a bit like a quarterback in the NFL. There are only about 4 of them and the idea is to try and get the ball to them at every opp because they are the designated disposes and are then meant to give the ball off cleanly.

I am led to believe that b4 the season RL nominated Fiona as one of these go to players.

Unfortunately Fiora just isn't up to it. In fact I don't think his disposal is always that good. He often misses the target imo.

Innocent until proven guilty!

I'm Baaaaaaaaack!!!!!!
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Sobraz wrote:
joffaboy wrote:I have lost patience with Fiora.

i agree with the post above.....
But that is the POINT
Cousins isnt on the list, so who do you pick in the meantime?

Seeya
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Can someone please update with final teams when available?

It should be "no change", but i'll believe that when I see it.

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

Otiman wrote:Can someone please update with final teams when available?

It should be "no change", but i'll believe that when I see it.
Final Teams

St Kilda:
NO CHANGE

Essendon:
In: Jetta, Williams
Out: Adam McPhee (ankle), Andrew Welsh (hamstring)

New: John Williams (Morningside)

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

st.byron wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
disagree. Fiora is a waste of space in a STK jumper.
And seeing as we all know less than Lyon, the leadership group and anyone else close to the inner sanctum, we might as well just shut this forum down and keep our opinions to ourselves.

Sook :lol:

He can't cement a spot coz:

a- he is in decline
b- other players have passed him
c- both of the above

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Sobraz
SS Life Member

Interesting situation arising now with Mini...

He seemed to have cemented a spot a fortnight ago, then from all reports got sick, missed out, and now finds himself in the 2's leading into the finals...

Birss was ok on the weekend, not great... same goes with Eddy and CJ... Will be looking to replace one of those 3 i'd imagine, but he'd be kicking himself due to timing to catch a cold...

I rate the lad and think he's taken up Bakers possie of tagger/in and under mid well....

Duggie1
Club Player

Quixote wrote:Where OH where is X MAN?
According to Rooey (on Saints Chat) he still has hamstring soreness. :lol:

Always a Saint
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:Interesting situation arising now with Mini...

He seemed to have cemented a spot a fortnight ago, ...
Yes he was playing good enough footy...but cemented may be a bit strong, as his game overall still had him in the bottom six players.

What I think he has done is cemented a permanent elevation to the main list for 2009.

Birss, Gwilt, Raph, Eddy, Mini have all played quite reasonable football over the last few weeks...and IMO Gardiner has too.

While all of these players could well play in our first final, however equally a number could find themselves squeezed out as there is real competition for the last few slots in the team at present which is very healthy.

Ball, if fit, is a certain return...and X is a possible return, though Lyon may prefer to run with a match fit and hardened player.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....