I apologise to Jason Blake

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
n1ck wrote:

Very harsh on the kid to be dropped when he was, only really had a game and a half in the seniors, took and absolute screamed and kicked 5 behinds in the one game. Deserved to play at least 4 or 5 games straight for mine, with the potential he showed up there.
Exactly, one very good game, his first ever in the forwardline at this club, when he was recruited as an U18 All Australian FF, takes 8 marks and 4 contested, then doesn't hardly touch it for a half a game the following week and it's back to Casey :roll:

To think of the players with lesser ability that have been continually selected before him, even when their form didn't warrant it.

For example Fiora got dropped back to Casey this year, played a dog of a game, hardly touched the ball and next week he's back in the seniors, FAIR DINKUM

Ferguson deserved at least half a dozen games in a row, with some confidence shown in him.

He could be the missing link in our forwardline,.........anyway not to worry, we have John Barker to sort things out :roll:
barks selection is based on many factors

form
potential
team needs
team match ups
attitude
training
team dynamics

unless your physically at the club for the same ammount of time and are privy to all the information obut the said players you cant really say who deserves to be picked in the starting 22 players like Ferg Brooks Rix ... dont make the first 22 for a reason just like players like Blake CJ Mini Eddy ect make thee team most weeks .

the selection pannel know a fair bit more about who to pick the us fans

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:Doesn't get played in the ruck enough though, for my liking. 8-)
that's an embarrassing backdown from you. but to your credit i guess it takes a big man to admit he's been wrong :D

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
barks4eva wrote:Doesn't get played in the ruck enough though, for my liking. 8-)
that's an embarrassing backdown from you. but to your credit i guess it takes a big man to admit he's been wrong :D
Not sure what unprescribed pharmecueticals you've been taking but

1. I'm not embarrassed
2. I'm not wrong
3. Yes I am a big man, no string and brick required

8-)

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
n1ck wrote:

Very harsh on the kid to be dropped when he was, only really had a game and a half in the seniors, took and absolute screamed and kicked 5 behinds in the one game. Deserved to play at least 4 or 5 games straight for mine, with the potential he showed up there.
Exactly, one very good game, his first ever in the forwardline at this club, when he was recruited as an U18 All Australian FF, takes 8 marks and 4 contested, then doesn't hardly touch it for a half a game the following week and it's back to Casey :roll:

To think of the players with lesser ability that have been continually selected before him, even when their form didn't warrant it.

For example Fiora got dropped back to Casey this year, played a dog of a game, hardly touched the ball and next week he's back in the seniors, FAIR DINKUM

Ferguson deserved at least half a dozen games in a row, with some confidence shown in him.

He could be the missing link in our forwardline,.........anyway not to worry, we have John Barker to sort things out :roll:
barks selection is based on many factors

form
potential
team needs
team match ups
attitude
training
team dynamics

unless your physically at the club for the same ammount of time and are privy to all the information obut the said players you cant really say who deserves to be picked in the starting 22 players like Ferg Brooks Rix ... dont make the first 22 for a reason just like players like Blake CJ Mini Eddy ect make thee team most weeks .

Are seriously trying to tell me, that Ross Lyon and his assistants know more that I do, perleeeeeeeeze.

McEvoy, Armitage and Ferguson should have been playing all year as walk up starts, this was the only way possible for us to be a serious challenger.

We do not have the cattle or the capabilities, with the players that Lyon has chosen ahead of these three for starters, constantly recycling the same old, same old.

IMHO, team selection has been appalling all year.

I genuinely believe that Lyon is a very good tactical coach, but his choice of personnel is questionable at best and you need not look any further than appointing an apprentice with no previous coaching experience as our forward coach, learning at our expense, on our time and our money.

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Sobraz
SS Life Member

st_Trav_ofWA wrote: unless your physically at the club for the same ammount of time and are privy to all the information obut the said players you cant really say who deserves to be picked in the starting 22 players like Ferg Brooks Rix ... dont make the first 22 for a reason just like players like Blake CJ Mini Eddy ect make thee team most weeks .

i recon thats crap trav.... I would love to lock horns with Barker about the dynamics of our forward line...

To him its a job.. he wasnt there when Ferg was recruited, when Brookes played well in Brissy, when Roo kicked 8 from FF when we got belted by Melb... My money's on he's not talkign footy like we are right now...

If he has our best interests at heart, like really deep down wants us to dominate, i'll eat my hat..

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

b4e you are a cabbage of the highest order.

Ferguson had his changes and blew it. Two games for ZERO goals. Not even close. Even when he took a screamer in the goalsquare the cabbage missed. Hmm quality forward :roll:

As for McEvoy. He is greener than a Tasmanian feral and would get massacred in the seniors currently.

You want to burn McEvoy the same way Carlton are burning Kruezer? Or the way the filth burned b!tchslap?

Armitage is getting a taste and has to start getting his hands on the pill when playing with the big boys. He will get his chance but needs to learn the game.

Fair Dinkum know nothing nuffy nuff nuff's like you Barks you muppet, should really learn to take a big sip of STFU, especially about things that you know nothing about i.e. football. :wink:

BARKS4EVA YOU ARE WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
BakesFan
SS Life Member

Those three would have been amongst the best for the Scorps from what I saw on Saturday.
They seem to be gaining alot of confidence in themselves by playing with the Scorps.
There's no doubt all three are going to be an integral part of our future.

I'll back the Club to develop them properly.

.....and we may yet see one or two of them again before this season's over.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
markp
Saintsational Legend

Jason Blake wrote:Stick your apology up your a***

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote: unless your physically at the club for the same ammount of time and are privy to all the information obut the said players you cant really say who deserves to be picked in the starting 22 players like Ferg Brooks Rix ... dont make the first 22 for a reason just like players like Blake CJ Mini Eddy ect make thee team most weeks .

i recon thats crap trav.... I would love to lock horns with Barker about the dynamics of our forward line...

To him its a job.. he wasnt there when Ferg was recruited, when Brookes played well in Brissy, when Roo kicked 8 from FF when we got belted by Melb... My money's on he's not talkign footy like we are right now...

If he has our best interests at heart, like really deep down wants us to dominate, i'll eat my hat..
fine thats your opinion but i didnt se any other clubs clammering to sign Brooks once we delisted him doubt we will see any when we delist ferg either - as for Barker im not sold on him being the best forwards coach for us either but the selection pannel select on a wide range of factors that we wouldnt be privy to EG the selection pannel would know if a player is secretly carrying an injury or if they have had a bad attitude in the lead up the choices made are more educated choices then the ones we would make from the outer .... but its fun to pick our ins and outs anyway

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
BakesFan
SS Life Member

markp wrote:
Jason Blake wrote:Stick your apology up your a***
LMAO!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: GOLD, markp.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:b4e you are a cabbage of the highest order.

Ferguson had his changes and blew it. Two games for ZERO goals. Not even close. Even when he took a screamer in the goalsquare the cabbage missed. Hmm quality forward :roll:

As for McEvoy. He is greener than a Tasmanian feral and would get massacred in the seniors currently.

You want to burn McEvoy the same way Carlton are burning Kruezer? Or the way the filth burned b!tchslap?

Armitage is getting a taste and has to start getting his hands on the pill when playing with the big boys. He will get his chance but needs to learn the game.

Fair Dinkum know nothing nuffy nuff nuff's like you Barks you muppet, should really learn to take a big sip of STFU, especially about things that you know nothing about i.e. football. :wink:

Yep speaking of cabbages........

You say that fergs had his chances...

2 games compared to leigh fisher's 9.... :roll:

Fergs did play better than Fisher this year...

Yes, he blew his limited chance and kick 4 points, but he presented in that match he kicked the 4 points and was only given one other chance...

Yep just 12 games in 5 seasons and he has had his chances...

flowing cabbage :roll:

He may well be delisted next year, but to suggested that he has had a decent go is totally wrong IMO

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:And he is another of our whipping boys. Well Done Blakey !!
like Goddard was! 8-) He's got a massive tank, a big heart and a worthy player in the side! Good for you Blakey!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
villasaint
Club Player

he has proven to be very servicable. His kicking has improved dramatically over the years along with his decision making. I think he has a lot more confidence in himself and he is showing that on the field. If Maguire was fit and running he might be pushed for selection. That game against Hawthorn was his best ever game. In a similar way to CJ he is defetnitely worth a place on the list and is earning his $

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:b4e you are a cabbage of the highest order.

Kreuzer gettin burned is he?? :shock: You nimrod, obviously NOT watching any football except St. Kilda Games.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote: Yes, he blew his limited chance and kick 4 points, but he presented in that match he kicked the 4 points and was only given one other chance...

He may well be delisted next year, but to suggested that he has had a decent go is totally wrong IMO
Well he got employed to be a forward and didn't kick a goal. Got his chance and blew it.

WTF more do you want???

Anyway FYI I am a Ferguson fan, and would have loved to have seen him go well, like Brooks, like a number of players, but alas it didn't work out.

Anyway my post was in response to B4E's post that he should be in all year, but considering you stuck your nose in, I answered your derisive and inflamatory post.

I know you are a Ferguson lover and nobody can ever ever say anything against your darling, but facts are he blew his chance and has been passed by with Gwilt and Schnieds and Raph now going forward.

Ferguson should be delisted from the Saints as he wont get a go. Hopefully he will get picked up by a team with a lesser forward line because I think he has got something.

Probably wont because he is injury prone which is another reason to flick him.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:Kreuzer gettin burned is he?? :shock: You nimrod, obviously NOT watching any football except St. Kilda Games.
Just admit you were wrong on Ross Lyon you pathetic negative cabbage. I couldn't think any less of you as it is.
And stop trying to start flame wars especially after you have been totally PWNED.

It makes you look even more pathetic than you are if that is possible.

Must be terrible for you that we have made the finals. Dont worry you hopeless disgrace I am sure we will get beaten soon enough for you to moan and bItch you poor excuse for a supporter.

You are a disgrace and love seeing egg all over your idiotic face :lol: :lol:

Keep it up - love it :D :D

Lance or James??

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
iwantmeseats wrote:Kreuzer gettin burned is he?? :shock: You nimrod, obviously NOT watching any football except St. Kilda Games.
Just admit you were wrong on Ross Lyon you pathetic negative cabbage. I couldn't think any less of you as it is.
And stop trying to start flame wars especially after you have been totally PWNED.

It makes you look even more pathetic than you are if that is possible.

Must be terrible for you that we have made the finals. Dont worry you hopeless disgrace I am sure we will get beaten soon enough for you to moan and bItch you poor excuse for a supporter.

You are a disgrace and love seeing egg all over your idiotic face :lol: :lol:

Keep it up - love it :D :D

jhahahahha, a little bitchy tongiht arent we? Im stoked we will play finals, and Im still not convinced about RL. Thats my opinion, and certainly dosent make me any less of a supporter than you. Just have a listen to yourself on here, its unbelievable. You make a great conversation peice between a few of us on here when we discuss this joint at games. Pathetic, sad, and no life are words that repeteadly come up, funny that aint it?

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
St Fidelius wrote: Yes, he blew his limited chance and kick 4 points, but he presented in that match he kicked the 4 points and was only given one other chance...

Well he got employed to be a forward and didn't kick a goal. Got his chance and blew it.

WTF more do you want???

Anyway FYI I am a Ferguson fan, and would have loved to have seen him go well, like Brooks, like a number of players, but alas it didn't work out.

Anyway my post was in response to B4E's post that he should be in all year, but considering you stuck your nose in, I answered your derisive and inflamatory post.

I know you are a Ferguson lover and nobody can ever ever say anything against your darling, but facts are he blew his chance and has been passed by with Gwilt and Schnieds and Raph now going forward.

Ferguson should be delisted from the Saints as he wont get a go. Hopefully he will get picked up by a team with a lesser forward line because I think he has got something.

Probably wont because he is injury prone which is another reason to flick him.
Yes, we got hem to be employed to be a forward and has played most of his senior games and scorps games as a backman...

did his job well in defence and more importantly did it well last year when given some tuff assignments...

he does his job in defence but is better served up forward...

again has been limited time there and to suggest that he has is just plain ignorant ....

From memory out of his 4 points I think 2 hit the post...

Very harsh on him IMO when other players are given more of a chance

again Leigh Fisher has more of a chance

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:You say that fergs had his chances...

Career stats for Ferguson: 12 matches, 93 disposals (Avg 7.8)

He has proven that not only is he not a key back, he's also not a forward. The thing he has proven the most, that is the real key in him being delisted, is that his body isn't up for the rigours of AFL football. Injury prone with little upside, it's hard to mount a case for him.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:You say that fergs had his chances...

Career stats for Ferguson: 12 matches, 93 disposals (Avg 7.8)

He has proven that not only is he not a key back, he's also not a forward. The thing he has proven the most, that is the real key in him being delisted, is that his body isn't up for the rigours of AFL football. Injury prone with little upside, it's hard to mount a case for him.
Well seeing that you like to mention stats and stats alone ...

stats wise he is better than Leigh Fisher this year...

and yet Leigh has had more opportunity ???

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote: Anyway my post was in response to B4E's post that he should be in all year, but considering you stuck your nose in, I answered your derisive and inflamatory post.
HAHA

I stuck my nose in, in a public forum...????

GET OVER YOURSELF!!

Your are kidding yourself if you think what I typed was derisive and inflammatory to your post to b4e compared to mine....

Go and have another whinge to the mods , on how you are the one that's gets posters banned :roll:

and by the way learn to spell inflammatory :role:

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:Well seeing that you like to mention stats and stats alone ...

I don't see the valid comparison. Fish and Ferg are totally different players.

Fish will be delisted because he's too slow, and Ferg will be delisted because he is too injury prone to string enough games together to prove himself.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:Well seeing that you like to mention stats and stats alone ...

I don't see the valid comparison. Fish and Ferg are totally different players.

Fish will be delisted because he's too slow, and Ferg will be delisted because he is too injury prone to string enough games together to prove himself.
FFS he was never given the time to prove himself...

anyway this thread was meant to be about Blake....

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
joffaboy wrote: Anyway my post was in response to B4E's post that he should be in all year, but considering you stuck your nose in, I answered your derisive and inflamatory post.
HAHA

I stuck my nose in, in a public forum...????

GET OVER YOURSELF!!

Your are kidding yourself if you think what I typed was derisive and inflammatory to your post to b4e compared to mine....

Go and have another whinge to the mods , on how you are the one that's gets posters banned :roll:

and by the way learn to spell inflammatory :roll:

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:FFS he was never given the time to prove himself...
Injuries prevented this. I believe that if he could prove that his body could withstand 22 AFL games plus Finals, that we'd keep him on.

Anyway, PM if you want to discuss further, lets not derail a good Blake thread :D