We still need to improve - who to come in/go out?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

spert
Saintsational Legend

I would have Jones over X, especially with finals coming up -CJ is a better bet to run out a full game..I think CJ is safe. Eddy may go for X, and I don't know how Kozi is keeping his place with a series of ordinary performances. I would would tend to drop Kozi and bring in Ball, and maybe retain Charlie as a bit of a decoy for Roo

Sobraz
SS Life Member

out: Charlie, Eddy, Birss, CJ
in: X, Ball, Mini, Armo...

X and Ball are immediates, Charlie is useless and Eddy is a fair way off it atm... has been given a run and will be better for it...

Birss is a gun VFL player, Armo has far more upside and can kick a goal or two...

CJ is a butcher, who gets it alot, but he is just horrible when getting rid of it... seems to have gotten worse in the past fortnight, which is not great timing coming into finals...

I'd make these changes over two weeks, with X, Mini and Armo in this week for Charlie, Eddy and Birss, and then Ball in week 1 of finals for CJ..

SAINT JUMP
Club Player

Good idea go into finals, with two returning from hamstring injuries.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Do you honestly believe that if we play Hawthorn or North that Mini will not play????

He stitched up their best players (Mitch and Boomer) the last time they played....

bergsone
SS Life Member

On paper I would have

IN..X,Ball

OUT Eddy,Gardiner

But,it all depends on match ups and who we are playing IMO

saintbob
SS Life Member

Goose is king wrote:I would prefer Jones over mini.

Without doubt jones every time for me.
Mini is unlucky to have missed with the Flu but he might just have cost himself the chance to play finals footy through no fault of his own.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:CJ is a butcher, who gets it alot, but he is just horrible when getting rid of it.
well he's never going to be stylish or graceful with his disposal, that's for sure, but i think he's more effective than you're giving him credit.

he has a huge upside in that, as you say, he gets a LOT of it. he's very quick, tackles and runs hard and gives 110 per cent.

watching the replay many of his kicks and handballs (though not pretty) found their mark.

in: ball, x
out: eddy, gardiner?.

gardiner would be a little stiff, though. took a few nice marks and provided another tall marking option in the forward line so the crows couldn't have three guys on riewoldt. the fact that they take a good defender has to count for something.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

I say, what a great problem to have for once :lol: :lol: :lol:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Sobraz
SS Life Member

bigcarl wrote:
Sobraz wrote:CJ is a butcher, who gets it alot, but he is just horrible when getting rid of it.
well he's never going to be stylish or graceful with his disposal, that's for sure, but i think he's more effective than you're giving him credit.

he has a huge upside in that, as you say, he gets a LOT of it. he's very quick, tackles and runs hard and gives 110 per cent.

watching the replay many of his kicks and handballs (though not pretty) found their mark.
True, they often do find their mark, but its often when an opponant is hot on their hammer.... CJ puts alot of teammates under the pump... This is where his decision making undoes his goodwork IMO....

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

MSG what is it about Jones ? did he have a crack at your missus ?? seriously your dislike of the kid is gettin obsessive the kid could kick 12 goals and you would critisise the fact he didnt pass more :roll:
i cant for the life of me figure it out ... Jones is in our best 22 and i would guess be rating higher in the Trevor Barker medal then more then a few of our "star" players he would have his name already engraved on the most improved award

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/