I apologise to Jason Blake

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

I apologise to Jason Blake

Sorry I ever doubted you.
You are a worthy league footballer, a very very good defender.
Keep it up Blakey.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Seaford_Saint
Club Player

I 2nd that..... i too (along with many many many others) had lots of negative things to say about Jason Blake previously...

I suspect through shear hard work and self belief he has transformed himself into a genuine AFL defender / utility... and further to that - he has proven no 1-season wonder.... his 2007 performance was a watershed that he stepped up even further this year.

Well done #27.... me thinks you will be a 200 game player!! (please, please, I hope i haven't put the big moz on him.... )

Failure cannot succeed in the face of persistence......
Baldock Rules
Club Player

Was very solid today and cool in the crisis on several occassions.Well done Jason.

There are freaks and freaks and Baldock was both of those.
stkfc1
Club Player

Love The Blake! (and Max and Sam and Demps and Gilbo) :D

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

And he is another of our whipping boys. Well Done Blakey !!

Seaford_Saint
Club Player

Hey Eastern.... have you never said anything 'negative' about anyone in the team over the years?? .... geez... make a negative comment, and apparently you're a disloyal supporter who just whips the players.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Failure cannot succeed in the face of persistence......
my les foote
Club Player

Ya gotta love the Blake.

Win it for HIM!
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Seaford_Saint wrote:Hey Eastern.... have you never said anything 'negative' about anyone in the team over the years?? .... geez... make a negative comment, and apparently you're a disloyal supporter who just whips the players.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
The ONLY whipping I do is to those who refuse to buy my drinks at Livewire pre-game. They know who they are :evil: :twisted: :wink: !!

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

i have never been a blake critic and remain a proud admirer of his.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

love the Blake and hate the knockers and more so the posters that mock and use pics of monkeys of his selection...

Posters without a clue that have spammed the likes of Rix a better player

Yet posters without a clue

FAIR DINKUM some on here need a clue

come to think of it, just where is that spammer???

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
mick13
Club Player

Gotta take the good with the bad with Blake.

You know he's gonna make mistakes, but you can put your house on it that he'll do his best to make up for it.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:love the Blake and hate the knockers and more so the posters that mock and use pics of monkeys of his selection...

Oh there he is, with very little to say.....

barks4eva wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Egg on face and a cup of shut the F*** up is in order...

One that spammed and spammed about Rix and slammed Blake for near on two years...

one guesses that is the best comment ....

just have a laugh at yourself

Spammer...
:roll:

Is it a coincidence that you are so quite now?

Just how is Rix going???

I still gather that you have never been to see him play for the scorps and yet you did proudly displayed his badge a couple of years ago...

Has the lov affair worn thin???

Maybe Rix is just sick and tired of you not coming to his games???

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Persuader
Club Player

Hey, let's make a great post about Jason Blake about Jason Blake and not dive off into petty personal crap.
He deserves his time in the sun.
Has always been a personal favourite of mine.

Founding member of the Jason Blake Appreciation Society
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Oh Fid, lighten up a little :idea:

Jason Blake is most definitely on our best 22, you gotta love the Blake 8-)

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

having said that, Ferguson would be in our best 22 if he'd been given half as many opportunities as Jason Blake and there were times when his form did not warrant selection, IMO

Blake has had a fantastic season, even in our abysmal game against West Coast, I thought he was one of our few good players on the day.

Doesn't get played in the ruck enough though, for my liking. 8-)

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

St Fidelius wrote:love the Blake and hate the knockers and more so the posters that mock and use pics of monkeys of his selection...

I have never knocked Blake and I still support Rix so where does that leave me?
A double spammer poster without a clue, covered in egg, sipping on a big cup of shut the F*** UP.

Seeya
supersaints
Club Player

Said it many times before he gives 110% and is the most versatile player inn the AFL.......

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
The Saintsational Man
Club Player

supersaints wrote:Said it many times before he gives 110% and is the most versatile player inn the AFL.......
Calm down there.....110% is correct.

But most versatile?

.....easy there tiger!!!

:wink:

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:having said that, Ferguson would be in our best 22 if he'd been given half as many opportunities as Jason Blake and there were times when his form did not warrant selection, IMO

Blake has had a fantastic season, even in our abysmal game against West Coast, I thought he was one of our few good players on the day.

Fergs has the potential to be a great player IMO

I remember a few years back in a Saints intra club match when Fergs was up against Roo, Roo was in the side stacked with the senior players and it was a one sided game.

Roo kicked a few goals with unbeatable passes, but when it came to one on one with the ball in the air Fergs beat him hands down.

Sadly injuries and lack of been given a decent go in the seniors has means that he maybe in trouble...

I hope he gets a decent go next year if the club decides to retain him.

It does make you wonder though that this is the second coach that hasn't given him a decent go....

Anyway time will tell, he does deserve a go at the very least, as much of a go that Leigh Fisher had... :roll:

He CAN play back and play forward...

He CAN play tall or small.....

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
barks4eva wrote:having said that, Ferguson would be in our best 22 if he'd been given half as many opportunities as Jason Blake and there were times when his form did not warrant selection, IMO

Fergs has the potential to be a great player IMO

I remember a few years back in a Saints intra club match when Fergs was up against Roo, Roo was in the side stacked with the senior players and it was a one sided game.

Roo kicked a few goals with unbeatable passes, but when it came to one on one with the ball in the air Fergs beat him hands down.

Sadly injuries and lack of been given a decent go in the seniors has means that he maybe in trouble...

I hope he gets a decent go next year if the club decides to retain him.

It does make you wonder though that this is the second coach that hasn't given him a decent go....

Anyway time will tell, he does deserve a go at the very least, as much of a go that Leigh Fisher had... :roll:

He CAN play back and play forward...

He CAN play tall or small.....
I totally agree about Ferguson, was an U18 All Australian FF, strong
mark and IMHO has potential that I personally believe would be realised if only he gets given a reasonable opportunity.

In all his time at St.Kilda he has spent only 1 and a half games in our forwardline.

He took 8 marks, 4 contested, didn't kick straight but you can't blame him for being nervous, he'd come good with a bit more confidence, geez, you could hardly blame him..........next week didn't touch the ball hardly for half a game, then it's back to the backline for the second half and Casey the following week, FAIR DINKUM

I've said it before also, that Ferguson has the potential to be twice the footballer that Leigh Fisher is for example, but has had virtually no opportunities. How many games has Leigh Fisher played?

It would be IMHO disgraceful if Ferguson was delisted at the end of the year, without ever having been given a fair go.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Agreed barks, I think the people who have seen Fergs play, and seen his ability have formed abit of a cult following.

As part of that following id be very disappointed if he was delisted at the end of the season.

Id love to see him get an extended run in the forward line, maybe at the expense of Charlie (who I also like), but i think Fergs has the skill and the agility to pull that role off quite well.

Very harsh on the kid to be dropped when he was, only really had a game and a half in the seniors, took and absolute screamed and kicked 5 behinds in the one game. Deserved to play at least 4 or 5 games straight for mine, with the potential he showed up there.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:

Very harsh on the kid to be dropped when he was, only really had a game and a half in the seniors, took and absolute screamed and kicked 5 behinds in the one game. Deserved to play at least 4 or 5 games straight for mine, with the potential he showed up there.
Exactly, one very good game, his first ever in the forwardline at this club, when he was recruited as an U18 All Australian FF, takes 8 marks and 4 contested, then doesn't hardly touch it for a half a game the following week and it's back to Casey :roll:

To think of the players with lesser ability that have been continually selected before him, even when their form didn't warrant it.

For example Fiora got dropped back to Casey this year, played a dog of a game, hardly touched the ball and next week he's back in the seniors, FAIR DINKUM

Ferguson deserved at least half a dozen games in a row, with some confidence shown in him.

He could be the missing link in our forwardline,.........anyway not to worry, we have John Barker to sort things out :roll:

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

how good was Blakes little toe poke when out numbered 3 to 1 deep in the crows forward line !! saved us a certain goal at a fairly important moment in the game ... teams need players like Blake the kind of guy who is never gunnaa poll big brownlow votes but get out there and gets the job done without a big fuss !! full respet for the BLAKE :wink:

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
BakesFan
SS Life Member

Love Blakey.... gives his all, and you can't ask more than that.

Watched Ferg on Saturday with the Scorps... was very, very solid in defence!!
McEvoy was very good.
Armo was tough as nails in the packs.
Rix busted a gut all day and deserves selection ahead of M.Gardiner any day of the week.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)