Gilbert

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Gilbert

Was having a nightmare season really.....back too early from injury, no confidence, no fitness and second year blues.....he made costly errors and his kicking was a joke.....

His last month has been a lot better, improving each week, this game he was very good....

Hudghton, Fisher, Blake, Dempster have been quality down back this season....Gilbert makes the 5th.....with BJ, Gram, Gwilt able to rotate through the back half

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Got plenty of it today...his kicking atill a worry tho.. missed too many targets esp in the 1st half

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Great game by Sam today, best this year. Back line was fantastic in my book.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

Today was Gilbo's best game this season by a country mile! Made some sensational spoils and showed really good closing-speed on a number of occasions. He did still manage to make a couple of skill-errors but thats something that he's getting better at with time and today's performance will really boost his confidence.

midas_touch
Club Player

Gilbert played a great defensive game today, along with the rest of our back six. Keeping a side to six goals is a big achievement.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

He was very good defensively, just needs some confidence on the rebound...
I noticed a couple of the times he would go for a kick, then take a couple more steps to steady himself up, in this time the opposition would find a way to man up with our loose players and force a contest, will be a player...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

Has picked up a knack over the last month of getting his fist on the ball just at the right time. Credit due to Stephen Silvagni I assume.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:Has picked up a knack over the last month of getting his fist on the ball just at the right time. Credit due to Stephen Silvagni I assume.
If he could somehow manage to get LRT to absolutely dominate in a GF he must be quite the coach that Silvagni...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Gilbert has come a long way in the past 4 weeks.

Today's game was his best this year, by a long way.