Possible home final

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

wasoncestkil58
Club Player

Possible home final

We need to thrash Essendon just in case the Crows beat the Dogs. It is possible we could have a better percentage than the crows if things fall the right way.

my les foote
Club Player

If Crows win we need to win by seven goals more

Win it for HIM!
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Crows will lose on today's effort. They are too slow. Doggies should play one on one, like we did after quarter time, force the spoil and run away from them.

midas_touch
Club Player

Essendon have half their side out injured, its the perfect opportunity to get some valuable percentage next week.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
super dooper
Club Player

my les foote wrote:If Crows win we need to win by seven goals more
I think you'll find its a bit more than that.

Based on Adelaide beating doggies 92 to 84 (their average for and against over the season)

we'd have to win 141 to 50 or better to go on top of adelaide in percentage.
Should essendon get to 55, 60, 65 & 70 pts we'd have to score 147, 152, 158, 163 etc etc.

In other words, not likely to happen.

By no means is this weeks game against essendon a done deal, they have been a bit of a bogie side to us and always seem to pull something out against us.

Does everyone remember their goal kicking last time we played them??

In order to get a home final need to rely on a collingwood loss (possibility), kangaroo loss (unlikely) and/or adelaide loss (likely) and we win.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

super dooper wrote:
my les foote wrote:If Crows win we need to win by seven goals more
I think you'll find its a bit more than that.

Based on Adelaide beating doggies 92 to 84 (their average for and against over the season)

we'd have to win 141 to 50 or better to go on top of adelaide in percentage.
Should essendon get to 55, 60, 65 & 70 pts we'd have to score 147, 152, 158, 163 etc etc.

In other words, not likely to happen.

By no means is this weeks game against essendon a done deal, they have been a bit of a bogie side to us and always seem to pull something out against us.

Does everyone remember their goal kicking last time we played them??

In order to get a home final need to rely on a collingwood loss (possibility), kangaroo loss (unlikely) and/or adelaide loss (likely) and we win.
The beauty about Round 22 is that we play last.....we'll know the exact equation on Saturday night and can make late changes if necessary - ie. if we rest a player or two with a niggle if we are locked into 7th spot regardless.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Essendon have a number of their fav players retiring. It will be emotional for them and we need to take the emotion out of it early otherwise we will be in for a dog fight !!

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:Essendon have a number of their fav players retiring. It will be emotional for them and we need to take the emotion out of it early otherwise we will be in for a dog fight !!
The interesting thing is it might be in our interest to lose next week to finish 8 th and get a melbourne final against North or the Pies as opposed to away against the Swans or Crows...hard to flirt with form and we must try a beat whoever regardless.

Think that ultimately Adel/Syd away might be around the same degree of difficulty as Collingwood/Roos at the G....

Bottomline is we must keep trying to win and let fate decide and take it from there 8-)

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
sainter104
Club Player

Well lets be totally optermistic
Shockers beat Pies
Port Beat North
WE beat Geelong first week finals and we in a prelim

Hell why not !