Andrew Lovett?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:Yeah, that will go down really well if we select him, more so after Roo sledged him for being a women basher...

a forward/mid that just doesn't kick enough goals IMO

also tends to get injured or at least carries injuries into games

Lets just stick to the kids IMO
again Lovett = crap

go for kids...

I could not stand him if he played for us, 27 next year then and NO IMO
Agree Fid hes inconsistent Mcadam like cr@p and trouble off field.

No - we also need to look to the future and I hope not become the recycled graveyard...
forget lovett. but i tell ya what. if you are bagging gilbert mcadam? dems fighting words. one of my favourite all time saints! GILBERT TIME. remember that final when he tore it up at waverley?

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

And THAT game at Victoria park?
No I dont think Lovett would be wise, he is no Corrie or Wonamearri
But would love to get P Ryder over to the club.

Seeya
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

No thanks re A.Lovett......we don't need another GOP.....

He is on the sidelines way too often to be of any value....

Season 2024 is where RTB is showing the footy world his grasp of the modern game. :shock:
older saint
SS Life Member

Huge question of character. Not sure our need ( ala Gardiner) is that great to remove the character and how he owuld fit in with the team with regard to Lovett

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

You guys have to be kidding. A fast, skilled midfielder/forward is exactly what we need. 26? That could give him five years. Certainly worth a look, depends on the price.

He's a far better player than either Corrie or Wonaeamirri. He has good skills, extreme pace, breaks the lines and kicks goals. Why on earth would we not look at him if he's available? :?:

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Very surprised by the lack of respect for Lovett in this thread. Often really good players who don't have good games v St Kilda (e.g. Goodes) don't get respect, but I would have thought the opposite would hold true as well. I can recall Lovett just about single handedly dragging Ess across the line v us (think we won by 3 pts?) in 2006.

I'm surprised to hear Essendon's thinking of letting him go. Honestly, I don't believe it. I've thought in the last couple of years he's really emerged, and he really suits where Essendon's going. I've seen him burn off fast players (Ryan Griffen for example) like they were plodders. He can kick goals from outside 50.

He's a guy who if you can get him cheap (the suggested pick #90 or a PSD selection) so there's little risk, could be an enourmous pickup. At 26, he won't be a 10 year player, but if the culture of the club is strong enough to bring him in line...

Id you can get better, you do it.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
saintly_safes
Club Player

BAM! (shhhh) wrote:Very surprised by the lack of respect for Lovett in this thread. Often really good players who don't have good games v St Kilda (e.g. Goodes) don't get respect, but I would have thought the opposite would hold true as well. I can recall Lovett just about single handedly dragging Ess across the line v us (think we won by 3 pts?) in 2006.

I'm surprised to hear Essendon's thinking of letting him go. Honestly, I don't believe it. I've thought in the last couple of years he's really emerged, and he really suits where Essendon's going. I've seen him burn off fast players (Ryan Griffen for example) like they were plodders. He can kick goals from outside 50.

He's a guy who if you can get him cheap (the suggested pick #90 or a PSD selection) so there's little risk, could be an enourmous pickup. At 26, he won't be a 10 year player, but if the culture of the club is strong enough to bring him in line...

Id you can get better, you do it.
Im with the last 2 posters ,very surprised by the reponse to recruit Lovett. Would have thought it would have been a positive thread but seems that hes not wanted (at St.Kilda anyway). As I stated on a previous post I think we would be crazy not to have a look at him even if he is 26.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I would take him for a very late pick for sure. averages over a goal a game. (by camparison Fizz averages 1 goal ever 3 games).
so lovett would be in out best 22 for sure. only 25. 26 next year. definitely worth a 2 year contract.

he only debuted in 2005 at the age of 21. so only 4 years of afl. a late developer. he actually debuted AFTER Raph Clarke. so people saying we need to give raph more time but we wont take lovett are very confused individuals. A lovett could have some very very good footy ahead of him if he wants it.

Andrew Lovett Aaron Fiora

Age 25 27
DOB: 11-11-1982 DOB: 19-04-1981

Debut: 2005 2000

Games 65 139

Goals 72 57

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

I'd be interested, but I'd get him thoroughly checked over by a shrink, a physio and Nick Riewoldt before I considered giving away a very, very late pick.

We have a stack of duds running around at Casey who offer nothing to the team, there's no question that Lovett would offer a lot more.

I'm all for a select few recycled players SO LONG as it doesn't affect our ability to bring through new talent.

Is this possible? Absolutely.

You just need to make sure that you keep turning over kids frequently.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:I'd be interested, but I'd get him thoroughly checked over by a shrink, a physio and Nick Riewoldt before I considered giving away a very, very late pick.

We have a stack of duds running around at Casey who offer nothing to the team, there's no question that Lovett would offer a lot more.

I'm all for a select few recycled players SO LONG as it doesn't affect our ability to bring through new talent.

Is this possible? Absolutely.

You just need to make sure that you keep turning over kids frequently.
agree. the bright side is he is capable of playing 3 years and 50 games. remember medhurst was traded at a simlar stage of his career.