A spooky feeling this week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

A spooky feeling this week

Only feel this way a few times a year but feel a very strong sense that the Harvey factor will spur the team into something very special this week against the crows....

That and the fact that the team has been slowly improving ,settling and gaining in confidence over the last 6 weeks...

Think that this week will define our season and possibly setup hitting the final;s with a full head of steam as opposed to just falling in....

Just do it Saints ...for yourselves and the man 8-)

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
S.A Saint
Club Player

We will beat the crows. We seem to beat them every time we play against them. They dont really have a forward structure or any big marking forwards.

The final margin will be 25 points our ways. Dont ask how i know i just do.

casey scorp
Club Player

I'm not sure about beating the Crows too often.

We've got a 2-4 record against them at TD (including the howler a couple of years ago when we were 5 goals to zip in front, and then they kicked 15 goals and we kicked another 3.

I reckon, though, that we might have them this week.

S.A Saint
Club Player

We have beaten them this year in NAb cup which i know doesn't count for much. Last year when roo went wild and tore them a new one and they will remember thatfinal in adel when banger and gwilt killed them so we have a fairly good record against them and should win this game.

my prediction is that we will have a burst in half way through the 3rd quarter and open the game up.

Saintschampions08
Club Player

Re: A spooky feeling this week

saint patrick wrote: That and the fact that the team has been slowly improving ,settling and gaining in confidence over the last 6 weeks...
True...if you exclude the weeks we played West Coast, Port Adelaide, Collingwood...

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

while the Harvey factor is huge for this game...we have enough motivation as I worry about a good effort one week and a downer against a bunch of kids/injury riddled side a week later..

“Yeah….nah””
elvis lives
Club Player

- St Kilda has topped 100 points in only one of its past 17 games against Adelaide.

- Adelaide has booted over 100 points in 12 of its past 15 games at Telstra Dome.

I think we could be in trouble

I am marching in the Saints army
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Motivation only takes you so far. Professionalsim and class step in after that.

This week will be a major test. I get the feeling the usual suspects will be found wanting with there skills against a quality unit. Hope I'm wrong

Bring back the Lockett era
markinUSA
SS Life Member

You can't imagine a single occasion - in many years - that would motivate the Saints more than this week.

Wouldn't just do absolutely everything, every contest, just for Harves?

I know I would.

And to see all the other players there... you really get a sense of the history and culture of the club, it's soul.

I can't imagine us losing this one.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:while the Harvey factor is huge for this game...we have enough motivation as I worry about a good effort one week and a downer against a bunch of kids/injury riddled side a week later..
exactly.

I reckon we are a 50/50 chance of winning, and the Crows at $2 to win are very good value.

They have won 4 on the trot, the last two by around 10 goals.....we didn't have their form when we have our 4 game streak a month ago.

Baldock Rules
Club Player

markinUSA wrote:You can't imagine a single occasion - in many years - that would motivate the Saints more than this week.

Wouldn't just do absolutely everything, every contest, just for Harves?

I know I would.

And to see all the other players there... you really get a sense of the history and culture of the club, it's soul.

I can't imagine us losing this one.
Beautifully said Mark.

Hope you are right come Sunday night.

He deserves nothing less than victory.

There are freaks and freaks and Baldock was both of those.
Superboot
SS Life Member

Motivation alone doesn't win you games but lack of it will inevitably lose you games.

When we get beaten it's often simply because we don't put bodies in or run with the opposition. It was like that against Collingwood, and for most of the game against Port. On both occasions we either lost or nearly lost against clearly inferior opposition simply because of lack of effort.

It raises the question as to why the team would need a Harvey factor in order to get motivated when our ladder position should suffice. Like everyone else, I'm hoping that they really pull their fingers out this week but I also hope that it's not just because of Harvey.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

its 50/50 i reckon.

things are getting heated at work.....i farking love it.
bring it on u chardonnay sipping, fruit tingle crow twits :P

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

S.A Saint wrote:We will beat the crows. We seem to beat them every time we play against them. They dont really have a forward structure or any big marking forwards.

The final margin will be 25 points our ways. Dont ask how i know i just do.
we never beat them. i have been at the dome several times and seen us dismantled by their accurate kicking. i think once we actually did not touch the ball for 3 quarters. the bastards just played keepings off.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

casey scorp wrote:I'm not sure about beating the Crows too often.

We've got a 2-4 record against them at TD (including the howler a couple of years ago when we were 5 goals to zip in front, and then they kicked 15 goals and we kicked another 3.

yeah i was there that day. oh dear. it was gruesome. im sure we did not touch the leather for about an hour.

Superboot
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:
casey scorp wrote:I'm not sure about beating the Crows too often.

yeah i was there that day. oh dear. it was gruesome. im sure we did not touch the leather for about an hour.
Except that we beat them at the Dome last year. Best win of the season. 2-points from memory, and a thriller.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Superboot wrote:... we beat them at the Dome last year. Best win of the season. 2-points from memory, and a thriller.
Lenny, Nick R and Robert got the votes. Let's hope it's de ja vu all over again!

aussiejones
Club Player

Harvey factor ..... In the past they havent come up on milestone days .

I think they will start slowly even nervously after the fanfare at the beginning . Adelaide will be up by 2-3 goals at the end of the 1st.

we will hold them in the 2nd then in the 3rd pull away......but it wont be as easy as last week.

Saints to Win by 4 points .

Adelaide will target Milne for some treatment.

My dejavu

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Re: A spooky feeling this week

saint patrick wrote:Only feel this way a few times a year
The next time you will have a "spooky feeling" will be when you look into your wallet after being to Livewire on Sunday :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink: !!

maverick
Saintsational Legend

I am actually worried the opposite might happen, the team may get a bit unsettled and play like a bunch of headless chooks....

We played poorly on Harvs record night against the Cats, with a big build up, and lost against the Pies after the big announcement as well...

Let's hope this does as others have suggested, I would love to beat the Crows...

saintly
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:I am actually worried the opposite might happen, the team may get a bit unsettled and play like a bunch of headless chooks....

We played poorly on Harvs record night against the Cats, with a big build up, and lost against the Pies after the big announcement as well...

Let's hope this does as others have suggested, I would love to beat the Crows...
we also played poorly against collingwood, when the announcement was made.

I had thought that they would win it for Harvey! obviously not. what happens this week who knows.

sainta
Club Player

aussiejones wrote:Harvey factor ..... In the past they havent come up on milestone days .
What about the win at Subiaco last year?

I think West Coast of last year, particularly at home were a better side than Adelaide this year who will be playing away.

Also I'm tipping a big attendance on Sunday, the build up of the game will have everyone pumped up and cheering loudly for Harvey and the rest of the guys.

StSteven
Club Player

We will not win it on emotion....that is a load of crap. We will win it if we are the better team. I will be nervous until the end.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

StSteven wrote:We will not win it on emotion....that is a load of crap. We will win it if we are the better team. I will be nervous until the end.
Correct. How people forget so quickly. We lost against the second worst side in the comp straight after Harvs said he was retiring. He isnt even finishing this week. Adelaide are going much better than us. If we dont play to our best we will lose. Plain and simple.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

It'd be nice to make a similar statement to the one we made against the Hawks (before the wheels got all wonky)

If we come out of the gates hard we'll do them. I can only lend my voice and support this Sunday. It's the boys out on the field who can truly make the big differences that count. How bad do we want it??? I know I want it REAL bad! Bring em on! :twisted:

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!