Kosi, CJ & Charlie

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:CJ did not hit a target by foot yesterday......zero
Well no, not zero. He actually hit most of his targets...BUT yes the ones that really counted he missed. Two shots on goal and a forward pass.

His disposal effectiveness was 76%...but again ouch, one does remember those lost opportunities he missed.
BigMart wrote:
He missed two easy goals - one from 3m out...

He has had a good season compared to others, and has taken X's spot as a defensive HFF.......

Question - who would you rather with the ball in their hands 80 meters out from goal...
If X is fully fit and in form.....X. But that has not happened yet. Maybe next week against the Crows though :wink:

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintbob
SS Life Member

Charlie - Did his job!!! He took defenders away from Roo and thats why Roo was able to be so damaging.

Kosi - Was pretty good took 9-10 marks, and was handy in the ruck.

CJ - Was solid again, missing 2 very gettable goals were his only indescretions. Tackled, run and harassed as good as any one else on the team.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Kosi was ordinary.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Huzzad
Club Player

Legendary wrote:Jones played his worst game for 2 months and everyone writes him off.

He IS the sort of player you want in finals - doesn't squib it, goes in hard, does the 1%ers, strong tackler, hard body.

He's been good for us this year and deserves his place in the side.
Finally someone on this board with some brains.

1 poor game out of how many great games? Was only a few weeks ago that even the CJ haters were praising him for how far he has come.

If we drop CJ based on the Freo game, you might as well drop the whole team, everyone has had an average game or 2 this year. If we ask the players to be consistant, then the people on this board should start taking their own advice.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

What was his kicking efficiency?????

What were his exact stats?????......he would have hit most handballs.....

saintly_safes
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote:Kosi was ordinary.

He wasnt a star but he was better than ordinary in my opinion

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Did he steal your missus or something?!... your campaign to oust him is getting old.... :roll: ... give it up....

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

He was ordinary.

We won I am happy.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
saintly_safes
Club Player

saintjake wrote:id rather birss then x.
birss had 40 touches,
and was hsi usual hard
in and under self.
I agree, againt a side like Adelaide I think Birss would be a big plus . Hes tough & knows how to kick a goal. Not saying there isnt room for both of them but would be hard to drop too many after last weeks effort.

jackal
Club Player

CJ should not be dropped and his workrate around the stoppages and across the ground was great. Sure he butchered 2 shots at goal but at least he backed himself to have a crack.

He's really becoming a barometre for the team and is the sort of guy I used to like playing with as he just keeps going when others slacken off. Should not be dropped and surely Ross has figured this one out now after what has happened to the side when dropped previously.

We have a slow midfield and he provides some drive but unlike Gram and Joey actually mans up, chases and make a real contest.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

i thought he (kosi) was ordinary too

still a lot of man love for him though

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
SAINT JUMP
Club Player

by the paper cj had 65% ground time coming on and off the bench.hard to get into a game.1st quarter about the last 5mins..Hes been pretty good the last 6 weeks.Everyone has a quiet one.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:CJ out; credit to him, he's a battler who's exceeded expectations, but he's not a player you'd want in the finals.
Everton you normally make a good point but this is just plain wrong , in the finals you want players who will run them self into the ground you want players who wont take a backwards step you want players who will throw everything they have at the game ... that is CJ
people bag him cause he missed those goals this week but do you all forget the gimmie goals Lenny has missed this year ? the ones Bally has missed ??? CJ disposal is no worse then Lennys would you say Lenny is the type of player you dont want in finals ??

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

:roll: you got anything positive to contribute fella? just wondering because every post of yours seems to be a negative on kosi.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Need both Kosi and Clinton Jones in the team. We don't have an abundance of height or pace.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:I thought Charlie did ok; he's a bit of a whipping boy. He took a lot off pressure of Riewoldt, even if he didn't get a lot of it.
Thats what he's there for.

I like Charlie, think he's a useful sort of player. Takes some of the pressure off Roo, which can only be good for the skipper.

makemytime
Club Player

yes we need a mobile medium sized forward and birss fits the frame perfectly but how long before ball comes back? we need him to win clearances and hard ball gets

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
evertonfc wrote:CJ out; credit to him, he's a battler who's exceeded expectations, but he's not a player you'd want in the finals.
Everton you normally make a good point but this is just plain wrong , in the finals you want players who will run them self into the ground you want players who wont take a backwards step you want players who will throw everything they have at the game ... that is CJ
people bag him cause he missed those goals this week but do you all forget the gimmie goals Lenny has missed this year ? the ones Bally has missed ??? CJ disposal is no worse then Lennys would you say Lenny is the type of player you dont want in finals ??
Appreciate the kind words STOWA but I respectfully disagree; Lenny is extremely creative by hand and by foot I feel very comfortable.

What I'm not huge on with CJ is that he often goes to a contest after it has formed, rather than creating one. He seems to linger around the back and arrive late, thus why everyone thinks he's in the thick of things. Occaisionally he lays a nice tackle, but this only happens once or twice a game.

I'm just not sure you can be a 16-18 possession player and afford to be so dreadful by foot.

X Clarke would average a similar figure and he is far more damaging and much more creative.

CJ gets the plaudits on here from those who love their honest battlers, but honest battlers aren't found in the top three teams.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

evertonfc wrote:
What I'm not huge on with CJ is that he often goes to a contest after it has formed, rather than creating one. He seems to linger around the back and arrive late, thus why everyone thinks he's in the thick of things. Occaisionally he lays a nice tackle, but this only happens once or twice a game.
WHile I respectfully disagree with your assessment, I squinted my eyes and thought you were writing about NDS

Seeya
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Our side looks a whole lot better with C. Gardiner or Allen in the team. Even if they don't get the ball.

After watching the replay, I think Jones played a servicable game. Not up to his last 4 or 5 weeks, but better than his '07 for sure. Every player will have a down game once in a while. I believe he factored in the SS Player votes a few weeks back.

Huzzad
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:

Or the amount of goals Roo has missed, even from out in front. He may have starred on Sunday but he still kicked 5.4. He has kicked some shockers, but he makes up for it elsewhere on the ground.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:
evertonfc wrote:
WHile I respectfully disagree with your assessment, I squinted my eyes and thought you were writing about NDS
Haha! Yes...sounds a lot like NDS, and you'd keep him in your team, wouldn't you. I don't concur...CJ is hard at it, not a battler...a battler suggests he loses out, but I see CJ winning good hard possession quite often. He makes opportunities through his attack, plays on and runs the ball well...we need more like him.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

n1ck wrote:
evertonfc wrote:I thought Charlie did ok; he's a bit of a whipping boy. He took a lot off pressure of Riewoldt, even if he didn't get a lot of it.
Thats what he's there for.

I like Charlie, think he's a useful sort of player. Takes some of the pressure off Roo, which can only be good for the skipper.
BTW, does anyone know how many senior games Charlie has played?

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.