HELLO where are all the negative posters from last week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:yep...opinions are perfectly ok..but..calling a game lost when you are less than 3 goals down with less than half the game gone is just ridiculous

When was the last time you started celebrating a win half way through the 2nd qtr with a 17 point lead??

Smacks of dying to have a whinge to me
spot on brother.

Iwetmyseat is the perfect example.

Opinions are fine but the hysterical dross and crap typed on the game day thread is really pathetic.

FWIW my opinion is that we are not up to it as far as winning a flag goes. Have said so on numerous occasions. Now I would not call that positive, would you?

But to call a game lost when we are 16 points down in the second qtr of a game is just defeatism and really shows little character.

Fancy having these blokes in a trench next to you. :roll: :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

I don't, and have hardly ever bothered looking at the game thread...

Why bother with it??

Is it some macho think on post counts???

I have not looked at the thread and will not waste my time, but be sure the same posters will be on board come next week, and if we lose they will come back smiling ....

Makes you wonder why the bother in following the saints let alone supporting and barracking for them... :roll:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
St.Kenny
Club Player

Tossaboy quote
Fancy having these blokes in a trench next to you
its like i'd wanna be stuck in a trench with a couple of 'fairies' like you and Teflogger.
You'd have to be wary of comin from behind with these two.

Get ya hand off it !!!

My behaviour is considered acceptable in some far off remote exotic countries...
Winmarvellous
Club Player

I still struggle to see where Kosi played good?

Dal...as he should EVERY WEEK

Raph... never saw that coming..top 2

Me... Not eating humble pie unless they back it up next week

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Winmarvellous wrote:I still struggle to see where Kosi played good?

Dal...as he should EVERY WEEK

Raph... never saw that coming..top 2

Me... Not eating humble pie unless they back it up next week
This isnt science mate.

Players will have good games and quite games.....Especially when they get tagged EVERY WEEK.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

I can't believe the 80's mentality of joyous celebration after a H&A win.

I thought as a club, we'd move on from that. Moved beyond that, to a point where beating a club who was 13th on the ladder, would be considered barely a 'pass' and we'd be plotting our finals campaign.

The whole issue with us as a club right now, is pretty much what happened yesterday.

We come out, and look completely and utterly lost. Have no chemistry, no plan, no system at all.

We then come out after half time and our good players have good games, and we look great.

That doesn't make me happy. It actually shiits me.

Don't get me wrong, I much prefer to read the paper on Monday morning after we've had a win, but I hardly get excited by what should be a top 4 team putting in 60 minute efforts against ordinary opponents.

spert
Saintsational Legend

I was negative after we were beaten by two teams who were totally out of form, and scraping home against another team who have written their year off..and beating a depleated Freo is no real test. I am rapt that we won, but we need players to do more than they did yesterday against weak opposition..the real stuff is coming up, and some of our guys just have to hit the track running from the first bounce.

aussiejones
Club Player

"It was like at half time they've said we've got nothing to lose lets play an attacking brand of footy & see what we can do, lets take a risk, lets do what suits our natural game & it worked. Sure we were dour in defence & played hard committed footy that you would expect from an afl side but the big difference was the positive vibe that became infectious & we ran forward & creatated options that resulted in scoring oportunities. "

They discovered (rediscovered) attacking down the corridor style that suits them .........Oh to see more of it .

great game

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

rodgerfox wrote:I can't believe the 80's mentality of joyous celebration after a H&A win.

I thought as a club, we'd move on from that. Moved beyond that, to a point where beating a club who was 13th on the ladder, would be considered barely a 'pass' and we'd be plotting our finals campaign.

The whole issue with us as a club right now, is pretty much what happened yesterday.

We come out, and look completely and utterly lost. Have no chemistry, no plan, no system at all.

We then come out after half time and our good players have good games, and we look great.

That doesn't make me happy. It actually shiits me.

Don't get me wrong, I much prefer to read the paper on Monday morning after we've had a win, but I hardly get excited by what should be a top 4 team putting in 60 minute efforts against ordinary opponents.
A win is a win is a win. It wasn't a flag... but it beats the shyte out of losing IMO.

In the purest context, every year you don't win a flag is a waste.

But, some of us actually enjoy our football. That's 90% of the fun, my friend. If we cannot celebrate a win, what do we do?

This 80's mentality drivel is crap. We are supporters, and not the players. How we reflect on a game has nothing to do with how the team ana coach view the victory.

Be happy Rodge. We live to fight another day. :D

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

bethb7 wrote:Negative supporters only come out when we play crap won't see them this week I wouldn't think.
Please don't categorize roger in that negative group. He should come out of his alcohol induced coma some time on Thursday afternoon and be back on here Friday. After all, he DID have 4 beers yesterday :roll: :roll: :wink: . Someone else paid :roll: :wink: !!

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Sam23 wrote:Beat 13th on the ladder.

A good win.

First 2 quarters are a bit dissapointng.

The delivery into the forward 50 still wasn't great.

Lenny Hayes is an amazing football player.

Dal Santo was good.

Riewoldt showed why he is our captain.

Don't get to excited yet, Adelaide next week big test.
on the money here. The first two quarters were ordinary at best. Riddled with disposal errors that a better team would have really hurt us for.
When we went forward it was mostly to a player leading wide to boundary. Lots of time for better teams to get back and clog up our forward 50.
Koschitzke was ordinary. No better.

A real test awaits this week.

Newman
Club Player

I'm guilty. I was convinced that we were gone 10 mins into 2nd q vs Freo. BUT I am so pleased to be WRONG. And you know what else made the win sooo pleasant? RELAXING during the last q knowing we'd win rather than sweat over a victory eg vs Port, vs Freo (last game), vs Richmond, vs Kangaroos and so many other wins.