HELLO where are all the negative posters from last week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

HELLO where are all the negative posters from last week

all doom and gloomers take note

dal can play a bit
milney can play a bit
kosi can play a bit
raph can a bit
etc

maybe even Lyon can coach a bit

don't even start up with the four quarter bit, i repeat for the ..th time this year, no team plays 4 quarters

we were the better team for the last 2.5 quarters (obviously ) and at the start of the game as well

we soaked up the freo charge, held our ground and stormed home

actually funny that because that is exactly how the swans when they were at their peak played.

yes the saints have lost some bad games this year, but on the other hand we have won games that the saints of 4 years ago might not have been able to

one of the great point today was freo only scored about 3 goals from midway thru the second quarter

fqf

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

A few people on that match thread who called "game over" when we were 17 points down in the 2nd freaking quarter need to have a good hard look.

I wont name them..but feel free to go and look :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Very good win, but a bit early to declare the Saints "the best team ever."
Being realistic about your team is a sign of maturity. Being blindly supportive is what teenagers do - hero worship. Don't criticise fans who say what they see.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Last week was a shocker, every right tp feel gutted after that game.

Played better today, but we need to be able to win when we are favourites not just the underdog.

We looked very good in the 2nd half but BTW it was Freo, and that doesn't count for alot in credibility terms....they make us look consistent and respectable.

Nee!
maverick
Saintsational Legend

Re: HELLO where are all the negative posters from last week

terry smith rules wrote:all doom and gloomers take note

Don't stretch it.......

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

perfectionist wrote:Very good win, but a bit early to declare the Saints "the best team ever."
Being realistic about your team is a sign of maturity. Being blindly supportive is what teenagers do - hero worship. Don't criticise fans who say what they see.
actually I don't think that is quite what I said

my point all year is yes be upset and frustrated but don't come on here every week (and it is the same posters ) and slag our players continuously

on friday I made a post and people wrote back all doom, oh we've tipped freo, saints are gone blah blah blah

you know what I get upset and frustrated and sometines I vent but not ona daily basis as some on here do

they are not supporters, but will probably be the first at the social club when the flag is won

duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

terry smith rules wrote: kosi can play a bit
This is the problem isn't it?
him only playing 'a bit'.

unsighted for most of the day- its just less obvious in a win.

I bought a shirt from Target once.
It had a hard tag on it too.

I know how Dal feels.
Sam23
SS Life Member

Beat 13th on the ladder.

A good win.

First 2 quarters are a bit dissapointng.

The delivery into the forward 50 still wasn't great.

Lenny Hayes is an amazing football player.

Dal Santo was good.

Riewoldt showed why he is our captain.

Don't get to excited yet, Adelaide next week big test.

Goddard.
Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

The annoying part about the win is why couldnt we have played like that against WC and agian last week - we are still in it but we should be sitting 4th on the ladder right now.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I guess I'm one of those so called negative posters you speak of and you'll see me everytime we put in a crap game..it's called "taking the blinkers and rose colored glasses off" and calling it as it is.
Upto half time the players were terrible, poor skills and decision making, after half time a few quick goals and Freo crumbled, why the turnaround? I wish I knew but I will always call it as I see it.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:A few people on that match thread who called "game over" when we were 17 points down in the 2nd freaking quarter need to have a good hard look.

I wont name them..but feel free to go and look :-)
Wow just read it. :roll:

I'll name them

sainter58 - 5.23pm and 5.28 pm
Newman - 5.24 pm
Choowy - 5.28 pm
clarky449 - 5.31 pm

take a bow you bunch of cabbages :wink:

Best call of the thread - just after Raphs goal, from JeffDunne.

Something alone the lines of - keep the pressure on and Freo will fold.

Nice call :D :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

I understand where you are coming from Fireman.

It was good to win today, but frustrating that the same effort wasn't there last week and against WC.

If it were we would be sitting 4th with momentum and a chance to give Harvs that medal he wants the most and deserves.

I know a lot people here will be exited about making the 8, but just making the 8 isn't good enough anymore, if we make it we would have made it 4 times in 5 years, but have nothing to show for it.

The total focus of this club has to be about winning premierships and to do that you need more than just ability, you need total commitment from every player on the list.

Geelong decided that after round 5 last year and have lost 2 games since then with basically the same team they had two years ago miserably failed to make finals.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Sam23 wrote:Beat 13th on the ladder.

A good win.

Dal Santo was good.

Great win, doesn't matter where they are on the ladder, we always struggle aginst them, love beating them, more so than the Weagles...

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Look, by all means be fruistrated and disspointed with the way we were playing..we all were...but to call the game lost when 17 points in arrears with over half the game to go,,well..would any of you call a game won if were that far in FRONT at that point? No thought not :roll:

Just as well that the players held their nerve better than some on here

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
marksnsparks
Club Player

3rd generation saint wrote:I understand where you are coming from Fireman.

It was good to win today, but frustrating that the same effort wasn't there last week and against WC.
I understand and share your frustration, however I am optimistic. At least we know we can play top drawer footy. Our problem is finding a way to produce it quarter after quarter and game after game.

Once we do, Geelong better watch out (sorry, I've had a bottle of white :wink: )

I'd rather have this problem than knowing we have a totally s*** list, like Melbourne.

Sam23
SS Life Member

maverick wrote:
Sam23 wrote:Beat 13th on the ladder.

A good win.

Dal Santo was good.

Great win, doesn't matter where they are on the ladder, we always struggle aginst them, love beating them, more so than the Weagles...

I would of rathered to win both, and beat Collingwood as well and be sitting 4th on the ladder.

Goddard.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Gotta admit, I put us down for a 10 goal loss...lucky I'm not guilty of bagging players and coach though. However, after the Collingwood loss, how could anyone look for an upside!?!

Freo are my least favourite team, fantastic to win, especially over there!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

i am really pumped after the win....but the flowering umpires are still cheats........; :twisted:

and for the record...i didn't even bother accessing this site last week.......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
choowy
Club Player

at least i call it as i see joffa.

We were playing pathetic unintelligent football, with our whole season on the line, against the worst excuse of a team in the world behind us.

If Ross misses the finals 2 years in a row we might as well give hime another 10 years, coz thats what its gona take to rebuild.

Please Joffa don't keep giving me excuses,we are all fighting rthe same cause, we all win, lose and suffer together.

We all love this club, sometimes hard opinions are needed to keep the Bastards honest. The players and coaching panel work for the St Kilda Football Club and as a paying St Kilda members we are allowed to say enough is enough.

At 5.24pm Taylors Lakes recorded an earthquake of 9.0 that's how passionate i am about our club. I was not happy, coz i knew what we had to offer.

By 7.30pm i was justified in my opinion.
________
Juggalos
Last edited by choowy on Tue 15 Feb 2011 2:23am, edited 1 time in total.

saintly_safes
Club Player

terry smith rules wrote:all doom and gloomers take note

dal can play a bit
milney can play a bit
kosi can play a bit
raph can a bit
etc

don't even start up with the four quarter bit, i repeat for the ..th time this year, no team plays 4 quarters

we were the better team for the last 2.5 quarters (obviously ) and at the start of the game as well

we soaked up the freo charge, held our ground and stormed home

actually funny that because that is exactly how the swans when they were at their peak played.

yes the saints have lost some bad games this year, but on the other hand we have won games that the saints of 4 years ago might not have been able to

one of the great point today was freo only scored about 3 goals from midway thru the second quarter

fqf
I've been guilty of doom & gloom posts but you have to ask yourself if we had played with the same passion & attacking style of footy as we did today then we could be top 4. It was like at half time they've said we've got nothing to lose lets play an attacking brand of footy & see what we can do, lets take a risk, lets do what suits our natural game & it worked. Sure we were dour in defence & played hard committed footy that you would expect from an afl side but the big difference was the positive vibe that became infectious & we ran forward & creatated options that resulted in scoring oportunities. We didnt flood which we seem to do on instinct these days & gave our much maligned forwards a chance to find some room to move. Let's play with the same type of bravado in the next 2 weeks win lose or draw. I for one would rather us play an attacking style of game & give us some real optimism going into 2009 even if that means not making the finals this year

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

These type of threads are sooooooo boring. Anyone who denies a spray at the club given this seasons efforts are a first class moron. btw, good win today, good second half anyway!

bethb7
Club Player

Negative supporters only come out when we play crap won't see them this week I wouldn't think.

If you can't give the commitment you gave this year and you don't want to improve, you can go because we have unfinished business-Ross Lyon
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

thats not true at all, maybe some, but jeez, you CAN call it as you see it you know, its called having a opinion! It dosent HAVE to be all rosy and positive, after all, its YOUR opinion.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

yep...opinions are perfectly ok..but..calling a game lost when you are less than 3 goals down with less than half the game gone is just ridiculous

When was the last time you started celebrating a win half way through the 2nd qtr with a 17 point lead??

Smacks of dying to have a whinge to me

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Pretty good win on our traditional death trap.

Still maintain that we are still a team just on the road to playing some good footy, but we struggle against the teams around us or above us, Hawthorn exceptly in recent history.

Good players play well against the good teams, not in just the wins against lowly clubs.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.