5th or 8th could be better than 6th or 7th

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

older saint
SS Life Member

5th or 8th could be better than 6th or 7th

Having played around with the ladder predictor POssibly finishing 5th or 8th could be a blessing in disguise.

I had StKilda 8th Coll 5th and North 4th which meant Coll 1st week, North 2nd week and not geelong 3rd week. Better side of the draw to avoid Geelong until the Grand Final.

Our current form would not see us get passed Collingwood, but 90000 MCG Sunday arvo Soll v Stkilda and Young Half forward Sam Gilbert kicks a wobbly punt for a point in the dying seconds to win the game - that would almost kill the older Collingwood Supporters

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Re: 5th or 8th could be better than 6th or 7th

older saint wrote:Having played around with the ladder predictor POssibly finishing 5th or 8th could be a blessing in disguise.

I had StKilda 8th Coll 5th and North 4th which meant Coll 1st week, North 2nd week and not geelong 3rd week. Better side of the draw to avoid Geelong until the Grand Final.

Our current form would not see us get passed Collingwood, but 90000 MCG Sunday arvo Soll v Stkilda and Young Half forward Sam Gilbert kicks a wobbly punt for a point in the dying seconds to win the game - that would almost kill the older Collingwood Supporters
The alcoholic poisoning would almost kill me too :lol: :wink: !!

Bowey Boy
Club Player

I certainly believe that any of these ladder positions give us a better chance than the current likely scenario - being 9th - very hard to win from there !!

"I think, 'You kick a footy mate, you kick a footy. It's not like you've got a cure for cancer. You kick a footy, stop thinking you are so special'." - Samantha Black
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Collingwood have beaten us in the last three games. They are the last team I would want us to face up against come September.

Winmarvellous
Club Player

Considering we'll probably finsh 9-10th, I wouldn't be getting too far ahead of myself chaps. One of Carlton and Brisbane are guaranteed a win next week, and with Brisbane winning tonight, we'll really struggle to send off Harves in the manner we should. Freo will beat us tomorrow, knocking us out of the 8, and Adelaide is back in form. Plan an early holiday now people.

StSteven
Club Player

Having watched Geelong demolish Swans it is all "academic" anyway. They are far and away better than any other team. As Roos says "unless they have a bad day, no one can beat them".

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

What about 10th...

What about 10th...

Is where I believe we deserve to finish given current form - we will only beat essendon in the last 3 games...

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!