St Kilda List 2008

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

its funny reading this now
you would say king has been the better of him and gardi

dempster has been good without being great

Blake has be great this year

CJ would have his name engraved on the most improved medal

Ferg again dissapoints
Raph again did nothing
mini has worked his butt off to keep his spot
Fizz has gone backwards !!!!

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

All I can say is that Thank F*** the op isn't our recruiting manager :roll:

Luke Ball? Been HAmpered with op, but probably having his best season to date. Will be better next year.

King has been the best ruckman we've had since Spider left. :roll: CAn go another 2 years. Is only 30. Great leader.

Blake has had one of his best years :roll:

Gwilt only played 20 games FFS :roll:

All I can say is :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:All I can say is that Thank F*** the op isn't our recruiting manager :roll:

Luke Ball? Been HAmpered with op, but probably having his best season to date. Will be better next year.

King has been the best ruckman we've had since Spider left. :roll: CAn go another 2 years. Is only 30. Great leader.

I reckon it is really sad if King is our best ruckman since Spider. To be honest I reckon Blake was better. z

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

[quote="plugger66]...I reckon it is really sad if King is our best ruckman since Spider. To be honest I reckon Blake was better. z[/quote]

Is better. But used at crucial moments, like the beginning of the third quarter.

It's quite remarkable how some idiots on this board have suddenly realised the value of Jason Blake when he has been doing the same thing for four years! Then again, Grant Thomas did not understand it either, especially rounds 11 and 12 in 2004. I wonder what some people actually look at when they go to the footy.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

This thread should be heritage-listed as epitomising the creeping illness that is FFD (fantasy football delusion)

I chuckle at all these would-be hairy-chested trawls through our list ("Jenkins, played 4 games, has showed some promise, is never going to win a Brownlow, gone. Blenkinsop, haven't seen him play, don't know his position, body size or other abilities, but he clearly is the future of the club and I like his name. Retain.)

The problem these chuckleheads don't realise is that, while in fantasy football you can delist Jenkins and pick up a joel Selwood, in the real world you delist a Jenkins and most likely get another Jenkins (or a C Gardiner, or a Howard, or an Allen, or a Geary)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:This thread should be heritage-listed as epitomising the creeping illness that is FFD (fantasy football delusion)

I chuckle at all these would-be hairy-chested trawls through our list ("Jenkins, played 4 games, has showed some promise, is never going to win a Brownlow, gone. Blenkinsop, haven't seen him play, don't know his position, body size or other abilities, but he clearly is the future of the club and I like his name. Retain.)

The problem these chuckleheads don't realise is that, while in fantasy football you can delist Jenkins and pick up a joel Selwood, in the real world you delist a Jenkins and most likely get another Jenkins (or a C Gardiner, or a Howard, or an Allen, or a Geary)
Is that Darren, Craig or Garry.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

meher baba wrote:This thread should be heritage-listed as epitomising the creeping illness that is FFD (fantasy football delusion)

This from a man suffering from FCD (Fantasy Coaching Delusion) :wink:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:All I can say is that Thank F*** the op isn't our recruiting manager :roll:

I reckon it is really sad if King is our best ruckman since Spider. To be honest I reckon Blake was better. z
Yes, has performed well. I'm refering to a "classic" type ruckman.

And my son thinks that :roll: look funny, so I added them for him :lol:

kos
Club Player

just been having a look at geelongs list.
there list management staff have the hardest job in football.
they do not have 1 footballer on their list that deseves the chop, and because lists need to be cut back to 36 there will be some unlucky fellas.
in comparison our list which has potentially a dozen players not worthy of a spot in afl football.
that is the differnce between stkilda and geelong which were both claiming to be the best victorian team only 3 years ago.
poor drafting has potentially ended any chance of a flag with this current stable of players and with the draft concessions begining next year we have a long road ahead.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

kos wrote:just been having a look at geelongs list.
there list management staff have the hardest job in football.
they do not have 1 footballer on their list that deseves the chop, and because lists need to be cut back to 36 there will be some unlucky fellas.
in comparison our list which has potentially a dozen players not worthy of a spot in afl football.
that is the differnce between stkilda and geelong which were both claiming to be the best victorian team only 3 years ago.
poor drafting has potentially ended any chance of a flag with this current stable of players and with the draft concessions begining next year we have a long road ahead.
I'd chop Kane Tenace and Shannon Byrns straight away.. Both useless... Nathan Djerrkura aint gonna make it, and David Johnsons time is just about up...

Not suggesting we're in a similar position... In my opinion w need to cut atleast 6/8 players for next year....

In this order, Fiora, Charlie Gardiner, Rix, King, Howard, Ferguson, along with the retirements of Harvs and G... Maybe even Max... thats 8/9 down.. nice clean slate to move forward with...