what is really getting to me

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

what is really getting to me

is that here we sit in the 8

with form over the last 3 weeks that is not great

but we can still play finals and given the current form of at least 3 others in the 8 we may be able to still do something in september

and I know everyone is disappointed after last weekend but come on

support your team

by friday I would have expected some optimism but all I read is

sack dal, sack milne, sack the coach, kosi no good, this weeks team hopeless

as we know a week can be a long time in football let alone 3 weeks

3 weeks ago, the crows could not make the 8, but brisbane could

the magpies were certainties for top 4, the roos were struggling, bulldogs were on fire but hawthorn were struggling

so please peole have some faith (just a little bit) and lay off hooking into all and sundry

fqf

SAINT JUMP
Club Player

I wonder what would happen, if a player bad mouthed a supporter, like some supporters bad mouth certain players.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

SAINT JUMP wrote:I wonder what would happen, if a player bad mouthed a supporter, like some supporters bad mouth certain players.
I wonder what would happen if supporters were full time employees with salary packages that started at around $60,000 and on tap medical, equipment and psychological support.

starsign
Club Player

you have a valid argument

if we continue on from that which was shown in the final quarter last Sat night then fair enough i guess....

But the optimum words here are...

IF : ...and here we immediately take into account our historic and most immediate form at Subiaco & WA umpiring and maybe our cattle

and CONTINUE: which implies 4 quarters of it , then 4 quarters of it again versus the Crows & Bombers.. then given the facts as we see them up until this moment , this seems highly improbable also.....

However The Saints being who they are and footy being what it is ...
One never knows!!!!
Therein lies some optimism I guess

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Sorry, I was all upside (even after the Eagles game), but last week destroyed me...the most insipid and piss weak effort in this clubs history. Nothing short of a flags gonna restore my confidence this year.

brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

I've been nothing but a shining beacon of positivity all year (almost).

But yeah, last week the entire stkilda playing group and coaching department sent a powerful and clear message to the football world. That message was

"WE ARE COMPLETE s*** AND DON'T CARE ABOUT IT SO F'OFF ESPECIALLY YOU HARVEY LOVERS. JUST F'*** OFF WE DON'T GIVE A s***. Game over for you fanboys!"

Profound.

bethb7
Club Player

agreed bad loss last week but we have to move on now, and towards freo I think we do have have a chance and then we should make the 8

If you can't give the commitment you gave this year and you don't want to improve, you can go because we have unfinished business-Ross Lyon
ThePunter
Club Player

While not criticising any player in particular, it has been very hard to get excited about this week.

Partly with my head, partly to mess with karma, I have tipped the Dockers this week. But I approach the game with a dark sense of foreboding.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Can't believe, but I've had to tip Freo this week.

Freo are crap, but lately we are worse.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
markp
Saintsational Legend

We'll win this weekend, and somehow that'll p1ss me off... just when you think it's safe to give up, we come good.

Anyway, it's victory or death on Sunday.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:We'll win this weekend, and somehow that'll p1ss me off... just when you think it's safe to give up, we come good.

If we do, we'll definately drop the Crows and Essendon matches...eqilibrium will be restored!

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

degruch wrote:Sorry, I was all upside (even after the Eagles game), but last week destroyed me...the most insipid and piss weak effort in this clubs history. Nothing short of a flags gonna restore my confidence this year.
Dude, that's a HUGE call. You're either very young... or have dementia.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
markp
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
markp wrote:We'll win this weekend, and somehow that'll p1ss me off... just when you think it's safe to give up, we come good.

If we do, we'll definately drop the Crows and Essendon matches...eqilibrium will be restored!
But not before we've been teased once more..... ah St Kilda.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:
degruch wrote:Sorry, I was all upside (even after the Eagles game), but last week destroyed me...the most insipid and piss weak effort in this clubs history. Nothing short of a flags gonna restore my confidence this year.
Dude, that's a HUGE call. You're either very young... or have dementia.
It is a big call...and I can remember the late 70's onwards reasonably well (despite the alcohol abuse) thanks. During the 1980's, when we were genuinely crap (have a look at some of the games on You Tube), at least we had an excuse. The current team had no excuse for turning out the limp wristed effort they trotted out last week...especially given the lead up. Worst of all, Collingwood came out looking like out and out champs. I wouldn't be surprised if they get a thumping from Port this weekend, which will make me feel even worse. Collingwood were very average, we made 'em look like Rocky peeling himself off the mat for a knockout. Shitfull.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

markp wrote:
degruch wrote:

We are to AFL what The Spearmint Rhino is to entertainment :lol:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
markp
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:
markp wrote:
degruch wrote:

We are to AFL what The Spearmint Rhino is to entertainment :lol:
You saying we should try to woo Didak?!

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Yep, same. I ll still watch the game, but I couldnt care less if we won or not. If you, the TEAM, are going to give me not one for quarter effort all year, I dont care. See you in 09, and pull ya finger out of ya arse. :twisted:

karnaby
Club Player

Actually I'm old enough to know better, however I too think we'll have a win this week. It's not as if all the motivating factors of last week just disappeared because we lost, in reality they've become more urgent now. As well, a lot of teams don't come up that well after playing syderney the previous week & I'm hoping that is the case this week for the purple shyte.

It's a shame ignorance isn't painful
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
SAINT JUMP wrote:I wonder what would happen, if a player bad mouthed a supporter, like some supporters bad mouth certain players.
I wonder what would happen if supporters were full time employees with salary packages that started at around $60,000 and on tap medical, equipment and psychological support.
oh so because the players get paid well with such support means they are immune to public flack about both their afl ability and at times private lives??

yep...good point

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
saintly_safes
Club Player

Re: what is really getting to me

terry smith rules wrote:is that here we sit in the 8

with form over the last 3 weeks that is not great

but we can still play finals and given the current form of at least 3 others in the 8 we may be able to still do something in september

and I know everyone is disappointed after last weekend but come on

support your team

by friday I would have expected some optimism but all I read is

sack dal, sack milne, sack the coach, kosi no good, this weeks team hopeless

as we know a week can be a long time in football let alone 3 weeks

3 weeks ago, the crows could not make the 8, but brisbane could

the magpies were certainties for top 4, the roos were struggling, bulldogs were on fire but hawthorn were struggling

so please peole have some faith (just a little bit) and lay off hooking into all and sundry fqf
Im still supporting & hoping but the reality is that we are not playing well enough even if we do fall into the 8. We had a real chance to make the top 4, build a bit of confidence & give it a real shot. Instead we played the most insipid unaccountable footy against sides that were well below stregnth that had to nothing to play for except pride(bar Collingwood)
& we still couldnt get it together.I'm not bagging the team , but they havent got what it takes to play finals footy at the moment.

karnaby
Club Player

karnaby wrote:Actually I'm old enough to know better, however I too think we'll have a win this week. It's not as if all the motivating factors of last week just disappeared because we lost, in reality they've become more urgent now. As well, a lot of teams don't come up that well after playing syderney the previous week & I'm hoping that is the case this week for the purple shyte.
Just being a smart rrss because I can :lol:

Bloody lovely to see a win over here, it doesn't happen often enough!

That improves my live record for the season to 2w : 3l & I was starting to get fearful that I was the reason that we were losing matches.

Trying to deal with this one week at a time even tho that can be damned difficult some weeks!

It's a shame ignorance isn't painful
degruch
Saintsational Legend

karnaby wrote:
karnaby wrote:Actually I'm old enough to know better, however I too think we'll have a win this week. It's not as if all the motivating factors of last week just disappeared because we lost, in reality they've become more urgent now. As well, a lot of teams don't come up that well after playing syderney the previous week & I'm hoping that is the case this week for the purple shyte.
Just being a smart rrss because I can :lol:

Bloody lovely to see a win over here, it doesn't happen often enough!

That improves my live record for the season to 2w : 3l & I was starting to get fearful that I was the reason that we were losing matches.

Trying to deal with this one week at a time even tho that can be damned difficult some weeks!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm extatic you got the opportunity to be a smartarse! Really, my footy tips were a disaster this weekend, and I'm glad!!!

bethb7
Club Player

told you guys we had a chance, you all need a bit of faith!
Last edited by bethb7 on Sun 17 Aug 2008 11:00pm, edited 1 time in total.

If you can't give the commitment you gave this year and you don't want to improve, you can go because we have unfinished business-Ross Lyon
markp
Saintsational Legend

bethb7 wrote:told you guys we would win, you all need a bit of faith!
Where did you say that?... in this thread you only said we were a chance.