Lets Tank

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Gilbert=Legend

Lets Tank

After another week of crap slections, i really couldnt give a f*** about st.kilda and the finals, i believe we should just tank to get rid of heart less bastard who sits in the coaches box.

BRING BACK ARMO, Mac, ALLEN, GEARY, and BRING IN STEVENS

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

I thought we have been the last 3 weeks?

If not it's a worry...

Bring back the Lockett era
marksnsparks
Club Player

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Well, that's worked for us before eh?

Brought us sooooo many flags

Muppet

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Re: Lets Tank

Gilbert=Legend wrote:After another week of crap slections,...BRING BACK ARMO, Mac, ALLEN, GEARY, and BRING IN STEVENS
Yes, another thoughtful response.

I must say, when I was twelve, I did not think that it was a good idea to bring in guys who were not ready for League footy.

mick13
Club Player

Whos this Stevens bloke?

esaint66
SS Life Member

I was drawn to St Kilda due to the fact that they wern't the worst side and they wern't the best, but the always gave their all and had a bit of fun doing it.

I would be personally outragged if we put a team out on the park that i was busting a voice box yelling at and scrapping the schrapnal from my well worn pockets to get into the ground to do this was not trying their best and didn't really want to be there.

We don't have place at this club for people that are not going to give their all for the club, the fans and what it all represents.

If this is what the club has come to as their number 1 plan and fans are actually calling for this then they have lost a fan in me.

FORTIOUS QUO FIDELIUS.

Batnoe

still a chance for finals, you play your best team

so what happens if we win the next 3? we will be sitting pretty in 5th or 6th spot with a home final... if we dont make the finals and we are trying well then at least we know we are not good enough. we might win some and acutally make it, so why tank that if we try and not make it we get a better draft pick anyway

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:still a chance for finals, you play your best team

so what happens if we win the next 3? we will be sitting pretty in 5th or 6th spot with a home final... if we dont make the finals and we are trying well then at least we know we are not good enough. we might win some and acutally make it, so why tank that if we try and not make it we get a better draft pick anyway
agree

tanking when we are 8th and could get as high as 4th is a crock

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:
Batnoe wrote:still a chance for finals, you play your best team

agree

tanking when we are 8th and could get as high as 4th is a crock
Oh yeah, I forgot we still had 3 games to go :wink:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Quixote
SS Life Member

Has it occured to any of the increasingly stupid posters on this forum that perhaps, just perhaps, this is NOT the time of year to be playing rookies? Has the thought struck that perhaps, just perhaps, a lot of our younger players are knackered and battered after a long year? Has anyone even considered the logic of giving battle-hardened clubmen the chance - whether it be their last - to stand up and be counted for once? Has it struck NO-ONE that Lyon is trusting in his players and giving them the chance to deliver on the big stage? To come through with the goods??

If they fail, so be it!

Simply, we are not walking into a finals match with McEvoy (struggling badly in the two's, first touch in the 1's was off his head, FFS), Allen (played three games, did he kick a goal?), Armitage (many chances for '08 it seems), Steven (zero senior games), Geary (couldn't get a kick in a Chinese street fight) and Co in the side. NO BLOODY CHANCE! Why don't we swing Connors into the mix as well - I know he's out for the year, but hey, he shows signs and someone on here mentioned him and Dal Santo in the same sentence. ALSO - that trainer from the other week? Seems to make an impact. FORWARD POCKET!!

Raph can play. Ferg and Charlie have shown signs, and fug me do we need another forward. Pircha has been oddly missing for two months - welcome back. Can't believe we didn't have a direct replacement for Ball last week. Rix won't play but deserves the excursion and yes, is next in line if King trips over his ego.

SIMPLE.

If we're gonna play finals - which we'd HOPE the Club is aiming for - it is NOT going to be on the back of wispy dreams and fanciful selections.
Last edited by Quixote on Fri 15 Aug 2008 12:45am, edited 3 times in total.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Quixote wrote:Has it occured to any of the increasingly stupid posters on this forum that perhaps, just perhaps, this is NOT the time of year to be playing rookies? Has the thought struck that perhaps, just perhaps, a lot of our younger players are knackered and battered after a long year? Has anyone even considered the logic of giving battle-hardened clubmen the chance - whether it be their last - to stand up and be counted for once? Has it struck NO-ONE that Lyon is trusting in his players and giving them the chance to deliver on the big stage? To come through with the goods??

If they fail, so be it!

Simply, we are not walking into a finals match with McEvoy (struggling badly in the two's, FFS), Allen (played three games, did he kick a goal?), Armitage (many chances for '08 it seems), Steven (zero senior games) and Co in the side.

SIMPLE.
No shyt? Been saying for weeks, but apparently some people just don't get it.

You need to aim for the finals with a settled line up.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Quixote
SS Life Member

Re: Lets Tank

Gilbert=Legend wrote:After another week of crap slections, i really couldnt give a f*** about st.kilda and the finals, i believe we should just tank to get rid of heart less bastard who sits in the coaches box.

Heartless? Irony???

FU<K OFF YOU!!!

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

You don't have to worry about trying to tanks. We don't need to. We will lose the next three games purely on the comparative form of the teams we are playing, anyway.

We are hopeless in the west, and Freo always beat us there, even when we're supposedly playing good football.

Adelaide have our measure, so that takes care of that one.

Essendon are playing the type of football that we can just reminisce about, and they'll run us off our legs.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Quixote wrote:Has it occured to any of the increasingly stupid posters on this forum that perhaps, just perhaps, this is NOT the time of year to be playing rookies? Has the thought struck that perhaps, just perhaps, a lot of our younger players are knackered and battered after a long year? Has anyone even considered the logic of giving battle-hardened clubmen the chance - whether it be their last - to stand up and be counted for once? Has it struck NO-ONE that Lyon is trusting in his players and giving them the chance to deliver on the big stage? To come through with the goods??

If they fail, so be it!

Simply, we are not walking into a finals match with McEvoy (struggling badly in the two's, first touch in the 1's was off his head, FFS), Allen (played three games, did he kick a goal?), Armitage (many chances for '08 it seems), Steven (zero senior games), Geary (couldn't get a kick in a Chinese street fight) and Co in the side. NO BLOODY CHANCE! Why don't we swing Connors into the mix as well - I know he's out for the year, but hey, he shows signs and someone on here mentioned him and Dal Santo in the same sentence. ALSO - that trainer from the other week? Seems to make an impact. FORWARD POCKET!!

Raph can play. Ferg and Charlie have shown signs, and fug me do we need another forward. Pircha has been oddly missing for two months - welcome back. Can't believe we didn't have a direct replacement for Ball last week. Rix won't play but deserves the excursion and yes, is next in line if King trips over his ego.

SIMPLE.

If we're gonna play finals - which we'd HOPE the Club is aiming for - it is NOT going to be on the back of wispy dreams and fanciful selections.
Good and logical post.

I have a feeling that if we had been playing Birss and Charlie over the last 3 weeks that we would have won another game or two.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
userbetheknee

Birss is a terrible Western Bulldogs reject, how many chances are they going to give R. Clarke. Armo deserves to be in there before those guys

brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

Raph can play.
Incorrect.

It's a bit too late to tank isn't it? We should have started round 1! You have to be 100% committed to tanking, not a half-assed win 10 games effort.

Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

saintsRrising wrote:

If they fail, so be it!

SIMPLE.

Good and logical post.

I have a feeling that if we had been playing Birss and Charlie over the last 3 weeks that we would have won another game or two.
Birss has a go but he is a plodder. And as for Charlie, surely you jest! These guys should not be at the club in the first place.