Saints vs Freo

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

spert
Saintsational Legend

Saints vs Freo

Well, let's see who stands up for the Saints in another crunch game for our finals hopes. I had expected a few of our bigger names to lift for the Collingwood game, with the Harvs announcement and finals coming up but they mainly wimped out under pressure from a team largely out of form.
Will Kozi, NDS, Montagna, Milne, Shneider, King actullay stand up and throw themselves in the contest????

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints vs Freo

spert wrote:Well, let's see who stands up for the Saints in another crunch game for our finals hopes. I had expected a few of our bigger names to lift for the Collingwood game, with the Harvs announcement and finals coming up but they mainly wimped out under pressure from a team largely out of form.
Will Kozi, NDS, Montagna, Milne, Shneider, King actullay stand up and throw themselves in the contest????
They'd bloody want to. Whilst I don't think we've got much hope with this one, if we're to have any chance against Adelaide and Essendon, we need to at least start putting some form together...playing direct attacking footy seems to be the best way to do it. A demoralising defeat would lead to a very depressing end of the season and a lousy way to farewell a champ.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I really can't bring myself to tip the boys this week, simply because what I saw last Saturday night was piss-poor! Freo ran Sydney into the ground in Sydney last round (and lost by a whisker)....so with that in mind what hope will we have against them in the West!???? When you start worrying about sides right down the bottom of the ladder giving you a potential touch-up, it's just not good! :(

Where will the improvement come from???

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

had all yr to show their wares & have failed to do so

v eagles...the weakest team they have put together for 20 yrs ,they give us a 4 gl start & we cave in playing a wafl level team
v port...fell over the line by more luck than good management...again they fielded a sanfl lineup
v filth...joke
v syd rnd 1...4 gls in 20 mins 2 for the next 100fn minutes
v rich...we didnt win it they blew it

the same could be said for the majority of our wins...its only been an individual performance that got us over the line...nothing to do with TEAM PERFORMANCE...although dear ross would like to spin a different yarn

looking back now to the hawth game....it was only arse we got up there

roo 6 straight wtf...will never happen again,he cant nail em from 20yrds out dead in front
blake 3 gls in 15 mins...once again arse & will never happen again

the coaches & players have had all yr to show what they have got... & how much we have improved now having 2 full yrs to work on & understand our game plan

failed miserably

freo to take us to the cleaners

Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

If you like a bet, load up on Freo to ease the pain. They are absolute morals.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

My prediction is we'll get blown away by 4 or 5 goals in the first quarter and play this stooopid catch-up style rubbish we seem to dish up week after week and then finally go down by 20-30 points. Why??......oh why?

I was never going to back Freo again against anyone this season...but I can't believe I'd even contemplate picking them for this round! :cry:

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
RedWhiteBlack
Club Player

Not that he's an impact player, but Chris Tarrant is having season ending shoulder surgery.

starsign
Club Player

they have a couple of other injury problems from the Swans game also according to the Sun
Peake (shoulder) 60/40 and Carr (groin) 50/50 chance
and the painful Farmer is due back from suspendtion and Ryan Murphy who kicked 9 in the WAFL is tipped to come in

Headland who hasnt played since R4 knee surgury will be named but the decision on him will wait till after fridays training
Grover a late withdrawal for personal reasons last week is uncertain

oh when
Club Player

WCE had injuries to good players and the Woods were without two of their better players and still we lose.

Raven
Club Player

I'm not holding much hope for this game after last Saturday's insipid performance. Having said that, we'll be going in as underdogs, and for some reason we always seem to do well in that situation. The game vs Hawthorn, anyone?

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Raven wrote:I'm not holding much hope for this game after last Saturday's insipid performance. Having said that, we'll be going in as underdogs, and for some reason we always seem to do well in that situation. The game vs Hawthorn, anyone?
West Coast game Raven?

marksnsparks
Club Player

If there's one thing you can count on with St Kilda it's that you can't count on them to do what they're supposed to.

Gutsy win against Freo, losses to Adelaide and Essendon. And you can take that to the bank.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Our past three weeks has been so devoid of inspiration that even if Collingwood, the Kangaroos, Sydney, Adelaide and Brisbane all lost and we won, we'd still find a way to muck it up in the final fortnight.

The players are playing without inspiration, without intent.

How they can do that to us, and to Robert Harvey, is a disgrace. And a mighty indictment on Ross Lyon because he is failing in his job to motivate, guide and inspire the playing list. I don't care what anyone says. That is his one of his most crucial and fundamental tasks.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Raven
Club Player

degruch wrote:
Raven wrote:I'm not holding much hope for this game after last Saturday's insipid performance. Having said that, we'll be going in as underdogs, and for some reason we always seem to do well in that situation. The game vs Hawthorn, anyone?
West Coast game Raven?
We went into that game as favourites. I'm talking about going in as underdogs, like we did against Hawthorn, and like we will this weekend.

signed sealed sainter
Club Player

Going underdogs against a team that's had 5 wins (i think it is) shows something about the Saints doesn't it? Piss weak when it matter, biggest chokers of any team. I really hope we win it but i can't say we'll win with any confidence. 50/50 game this one. We need our players to step up and play with spirit and play for the coach like they did under GT. Unlikely but we can hope for it.

Signed Sealed Sainter
Fortius Quo Fidelius
Strength Through Loyalty
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Raven wrote:
degruch wrote:
West Coast game Raven?
We went into that game as favourites. I'm talking about going in as underdogs, like we did against Hawthorn, and like we will this weekend.
I know...just wanted to see that avatar again.

Winmarvellous
Club Player

I played a season of football with a coach we all hated, didn't inspire us etc. We went through undefeated Success lies with the talent available. Ours aren't up to the task. If you NEED a coach to inspire you, look elsewhere for my sympathy. I PAY YOUR WAGES. If you don't wanna come to work for the boss, join the rest of us. If I was the boss, you would be gone without hesitation. Play with passion and enthusiasm, or ask to be ttraded.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

You might have something Raven.

Not that we are going in underdogs, but that Freo will go in favourites.
They're as bad as us in that situation.

I predict a DRAW!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Saint Mik
Club Player

Re: Saints vs Freo

spert wrote:Well, let's see who stands up for the Saints in another crunch game for our finals hopes. I had expected a few of our bigger names to lift for the Collingwood game, with the Harvs announcement and finals coming up but they mainly wimped out under pressure from a team largely out of form.
No, no, maybe, no, no and maybe. I am very confident at the moment as you can see :cry:

Still should be enough to beat the second worst team in the comp, but watch out they can be dangerous so I have been told :roll:

If we cant beat Freo then we might as well call it a day it will be official after a loss to that mob.

5 wins for the year, lets not make it 6 please.

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
SAINT JUMP
Club Player

i hope the players are more beleiveing than you lot

degruch
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:My prediction is we'll get blown away by 4 or 5 goals in the first quarter and play this stooopid catch-up style rubbish we seem to dish up week after week and then finally go down by 20-30 points.
Good result...I had us pencilled in for a 10 goal defeat as of round 1. If we go down by 20-30 points, I think we've done OK...probably means a draw, minus umpiring. People who thought we had a chance with this one are mad.

Please feel free to drag this quote out if we win...I'd relish the verbal spanking!

Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

We rarely win over there even when we are playing well. Freo will win easily unfortunately.

aussiejones
Club Player

STUFFED

"The players are playing without inspiration, without intent.

How they can do that to us, and to Robert Harvey, is a disgrace. And a mighty indictment on Ross Lyon because he is failing in his job to motivate, guide and inspire the playing list. I don't care what anyone says. That is his one of his most crucial and fundamental tasks. "

All year played like a badly tuned engine.....

You must look at LYON ....... Failure to motivate
OK they are professionals (should not need motivation )..... some are some just think they are .

There IS something very wrong