Trade/De-List thoughts !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

ThePunter wrote:Remember, guys, we are very unlikely to delist anyone who is not out of contract.

Rix, Fiora, Maguire & Baker are all under contract for 2009, and I believe Raph Clarke is as well. Despite Mini being delisted while under contract for 2008, he was rookie drafted and didn't end up costing us anything. If we delist any of the above we'll be playing for a player not on the list, which is wasted money and cap space.

Harvey and Gehrig are gone, but Eddy and McQualter will be elevated (and must be to be kept at the club). Attard also needs to be elevated to be kept. That means we will have to delist four players minimum, maybe more considering we won't be able to replace Robert Harvey on the veterans list.

Our out of contract players are Xavier Clarke, Leigh Fisher, Max Hudghton, Fraser Gehrig, Michael Gardiner, Matthew Ferguson, Shane Birss, Charlie Gardiner, Brad Howard, Andrew McQualter, James Gwilt,
Robert Harvey, Jarryd Allen, Clinton Jones, Luke Van Rheenan, Robert Eddy, Jarryn Geary, Jayden Attard & Stephen Milne.

Personally, I think, along with Gehrig and Harvey, the club will delist Leigh Fisher, Michael Gardiner, Matthew Ferguson and Charlie Gardiner. Luke Van Rheenan won't be retained either.

That will leave three spots open on the senior list, and three spots open on the rookie list.
Can't see MG being delisted. At best, he'd be kept as a back-up ruckman. King is injury prone and McEvoy is still a kid.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

This is exactly why the players are complacent. They know they won't be delisted.

They can be traded though.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Saints94
SS Life Member

Trade: L.Fisher C.Gardiner A.Fiora

I Want: B.Mckinley A.didak

Delistings: L.Fisher L.Van Rhennen

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

This year we need to retire/delist 6 or 7. Two rookies to be promoted (Eddy & McQualter) and 4 or 5 draft picks, with maybe leaving one spot on the list empty to promote the most promising rookie after the pre-season.

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

De-list:

Rix
Fiora
C.Gardiner
M.Gardiner
Schneider

Retirements

Harvey
Gehrig
Hudghton (he's 33 and fed up with all the crap)

Promote to main lst

Miles
Eddy

I don't think we'll win any more games, so we'll be looking at picks:

7, 24, 40, 56

markinUSA
SS Life Member

I don't think Max is 33.
I think he is 31.
If I am correct, he was born on 2 September 1976, which makes him 31, turning 32 in September.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
Gilbert=Legend

Why bother with the draft, no one wants to to go to st kilda, we just dont play the young ones