Nick Dal Santo for Alan Didak

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Sounds academic anyway, from what I've heard Collingwood are accepting nothing less than a number one draft pick from a lower placed club. Although, I'm sure this is probably a rumour, or (knowing Collingwood) a complete fabrication. Sounds like they want a tall to me.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

believe me, collingwood would be salivating at the thought of such a trade.

a potential brownlow medallist for a trouble-maker they want to get rid of. why should we do anything to help them?

we've rocks in our heads if we even consider it.
Last edited by bigcarl on Wed 13 Aug 2008 5:56pm, edited 1 time in total.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:believe me, collingwood would be salivating at the thought of such a trade.

a potential brownlow medallist for a trouble-maker they want to get rid of. why should we do anything to help them.

You're right. I think Port might be willing to give it to 'em...good luck to them with that. Mind you, we wouldn't be trading away anything near Brownlow material if we off-loaded Dal...not that I'm in favour of it.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:Mind you, we wouldn't be trading away anything near Brownlow material if we off-loaded Dal.
on 2008 form you are right, but he nearly won it a couple of seasons ago.

it has me totally perplexed how the wheels have fallen off such a promising career and it would be one of my worst nightmares to see him resurrect it at collingwood.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
degruch wrote:Mind you, we wouldn't be trading away anything near Brownlow material if we off-loaded Dal.
on 2008 form you are right, but he nearly won it a couple of seasons ago. it has me totally perplexed how the wheels have fallen off such a promising career.
Me too...perplexed, and depressed. He was looking better before he came down crook...I was surprised at his physicality. The decision to play him since his toncilitis is very perplexing indeed.

Typical of St Kilda and players of his ilk, he'll probably find form when we trade him off to Sydney for some Irish cast-off.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:Me too...perplexed, and depressed. He was looking better before he came down crook...I was surprised at his physicality.
i'm not too worried about his physicality.

my concern is that we're trying to turn him into a sort of a luke ball clone, a tough in-and-under.

that's not dal's go, which is not to say he's not a brilliant player.

sure, get him to work on his weaknesses, but the trick is to get him playing to his strengths.

he's creative and elusive player with rare skills. i'd play him half forward alongside roo for a while.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Saints43 wrote:How good do we reckon Gamble & Varcoe are?
Walk into our side?
I don't think so.

Baloney! So you wouldnt swap em for Fiora and Gwilt? Give me a break.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

If the tonsilitis is a problem and generally it's a condition that gets worse with age, book him for the op at the end of the season. But for all his frustration, at least he doesn't hang around unsavoury bikie types, in sleasy "gentleman's clubs" and then forget any lessons learnt fom 2007 and goes out and does something dumber including let your mate hang to dry over the drink driving issue.
Didak is wearing the right coloured jumper and should continue to do so.
Swap Dal for Didak would be madness :evil:

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

bigcarl wrote:believe me, collingwood would be salivating at the thought of such a trade.

a potential brownlow medallist for a trouble-maker they want to get rid of. why should we do anything to help them?

bigcarl, you are not as wise as i once suspected.. didak is much better than dal santo at this present moment, he was leading the competition in kicks up until his suspension and averaging over 1.3 goals a game.

dal santo unfortunately is not producing the goods, and i for one think this move would benefit both teams.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
Stkilda-4Eva
Club Player

a trade has to happen but not didak.!

was
Ralphsaints35
Saints43
Club Player

iwantmeseats wrote:
Saints43 wrote:How good do we reckon Gamble & Varcoe are?
Walk into our side?
I don't think so.

Baloney! So you wouldnt swap em for Fiora and Gwilt? Give me a break.
Unless you're going to give Gamble a midfield tagging role to replace Fiora and a tall defenders job to Varcoe to replace Gwilt. That's why I mentioned Schneider later in the thread.
Have a think. Or read the whole thread...
They would also have to come in before injured players. That's how they get a game at their club...
I reclon you might want to go and have a look at how many games they've played and how many goals they've scored. It's not that flash considering the club they play for has a percentage of about 614.8.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

fonz_#15 wrote:

bigcarl, you are not as wise as i once suspected.. didak is much better than dal santo at this present moment, he was leading the competition in kicks up until his suspension and averaging over 1.3 goals a game.

dal santo unfortunately is not producing the goods, and i for one think this move would benefit both teams.
well i disagree with you and the coach has come out publicly and backed dal this week, saying he's not up for trade.

you're wasting your time discussing it.

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

bigcarl wrote:well i disagree with you and the coach has come out publicly and backed dal this week, saying he's not up for trade.
mmhmm just like when Club Presidents come out and publicly support their coach and say they've got the backing of the Board and then they're out the door 6 weeks later.......

Surely you can't be that naive to think it's a done deal because RL has said it to a reporter.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

TimeToShineFellas wrote:
bigcarl wrote:well i disagree with you and the coach has come out publicly and backed dal this week, saying he's not up for trade.
mmhmm just like when Club Presidents come out and publicly support their coach and say they've got the backing of the Board and then they're out the door 6 weeks later.......

Surely you can't be that naive to think it's a done deal because RL has said it to a reporter.
i take him at his word on this actually

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

didak is not wrth dal santo, we already have small forwards and didak's inclusion would just create another player that we love then hate due to a poor performance

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:didak is not wrth dal santo, we already have small forwards and didak's inclusion would just create another player that we love then hate due to a poor performance
I not sure we should trade for him but the one thing he isnt is a poor performer. He is a very good player who has a good chance of being All Australian this year and he can play in more spots than a small forward.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:didak is not wrth dal santo, we already have small forwards and didak's inclusion would just create another player that we love then hate due to a poor performance
I not sure we should trade for him but the one thing he isnt is a poor performer. He is a very good player who has a good chance of being All Australian this year and he can play in more spots than a small forward.
a poor performance, not a poor performer

judging by how milne and schnieder get dragged along after a poor game didak would become just another smaller type like the former two...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

judging by how milne and schnieder get dragged along after a poor game didak would become just another smaller type like the former two...
Like Milney alot but Didak is a much better player and can play on the ball as well as forward. He would really help our side but I dont think we will try and get him. Kicks to well for a start.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Like Milney alot but Didak is a much better player and can play on the ball as well as forward. He would really help our side but I dont think we will try and get him. Kicks to well for a start.
noone could be a better kick than roo

your lying

The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

Potential Brownlow my arse!

Aint they all potential Brownlow winners?

Dal hasn't even won a B & F...

At the same age harvs was starting to talk about retirement - Dal is a bum end of story.

If he goes all i'll have to say on the matter is this...

Good Riddance...

BUM!!!

Look again it's the Flash!!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

The Linton Street Flash wrote:

At the same age harvs was starting to talk about retirement - Dal is a bum end of story.

Good Riddance...

BUM!!!
well ross obviously rates him. he's ruled out a trade

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Good Riddance...

BUM!!!
put down the mirror...

brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

He's a an above ordinary player - Dal Santo. Great skills but has a hundredth of the heart of a player like Harvey resulting in a career that will stagnate and go nowhere, fast.

I wouldn't trade him for a shooting mafioso type like Didak though.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Good Riddance...

BUM!!!
Still leading.

The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:

Good Riddance...

BUM!!!
well ross obviously rates him. he's ruled out a trade
Oh well - I must be wrong then - If Ross rates him...how could i be so stupid as to question ross's ratings???

GIMME A BREAK!!!!!

Look again it's the Flash!!