If not Ross Lyon....then who?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:hrmmm

aussie jones . seriously great player but coaching a country team really doesnt mean squat when it comes to the big time also retired cause he didnt have the motovation to go on ..not cause he was finnished body wise .. not a good sign

Burkie : yeah casue the last time a board member fired a bloke to take up the role went down really well

GT : god help us his ego was a proble at the staart could you imagine after we payed him out for us to crawl back ... it would be a cold day in hell befor that transpires

Hammil : good player but how do you know he can coach ? Watson was a good player also ...

seriously look at our history do we really think sacking the coach will put us ahead ??

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
azza12
Club Player

Kevin Sheedy he would install one thing which the players lack so many times passion towards thier footy

marksnsparks
Club Player

Maybe what we need is an organ grinder and a monkey.

Master tactician working in the background with an older master motivator revving the boys up at the breaks.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:hrmmm

aussie jones . seriously great player but coaching a country team really doesnt mean squat when it comes to the big time

Burkie : yeah casue the last time a board member fired a bloke to take up the role went down really well

GT : god help us his ego was a proble at the staart could you imagine after we payed him out for us to crawl back ... it would be a cold day in hell befor that transpires

Hammil : good player but how do you know he can coach ? Watson was a good player also ...

seriously look at our history do we really think sacking the coach will put us ahead ??
Some obviously do

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Shades
Club Player

i think there is only one coach who can take us all the way and thats GT..

the players would die 4 him ten goals up or ten goals down they would play there harts out..

BRING BACK GT

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

BRING BACK GT

SACK ROSS.!

ross is a TOSS

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Shady wrote:i think there is only one coach who can take us all the way and thats GT..

the players would die 4 him ten goals up or ten goals down they would play there harts out..

BRING BACK GT
What is this? Cabbages nite out or something? Tool.

Add some intelligence to the debate or F*** off.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Neale DANIHER would be a good fit IMO...

Neale DANIHER would be a good fit IMO...supported by ex - SAINTS in HAMILL/BURKE/JONES/FRAWLEY ...

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

My biggest fear is that if we sack Lyon, he could go on to win a premiership with another team.

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:My biggest fear is that if we sack Lyon, he could go on to win a premiership with another team.
very good point......but if we dont sack him he is going to wreck this current team.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

I doubt Ross is going to be sacked this year. If we put up another season of this footy in 09, then he probably won't survive the year. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see us bring in an assistant who could take over if Ross flops. I don't think any of our assistants are safe right now. There isn't an area of the ground we're playing to our potential.

One thing's for sure, the board has to have a review at the end of the season and make very clear that what is happening right now is just not good enough. People can blame the list all they like, but we have a bunch of really good players who are not playing to their potential. We could cut our losses and replace them with kids who might or might not be an improvement, or we can throw out the gameplan and replace it with something that makes more sense to this group.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:We missed the boat with Laidley.
Dean Laidley is a mental.

Many mates are Nth fans and cant stand the bloke - hes seriously not all there and spits when he talks.

Yes he plays on the "shitboner" thing well and gets Nth spirit going (which has been going since Pagan days) but tactically is a rabbit. Got smashed in his final outings last year and I watched how the Dogs (when they decided to try for a qtr) turned a 50 pt deficit into a 9 pt panis for the Roos....imafgine if the game meant something to them and Eade wasnt resting Murphy/Acker/Cooney every 2 mins and actually let them play in their REAL positions...

If you think Nth - IN ALL the time Laidley has been there are closer to a flag now than ever your drunk, delusional or both. I expect to see Nth play finals and they will be pantsed accordingly - massively playing on spirit right now (which is more than us) but that gets you so far and then what?

What about the Thompson/Hay deals????

Laidley is a muppet of the highest.

“Yeah….nah””
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Teflon wrote:

Many mates are Nth fans and cant stand the bloke - hes seriously not all there and spits when he talks.

Yes he plays on the "shitboner" thing well and gets Nth spirit going (which has been going since Pagan days) but tactically is a rabbit. Got smashed in his final outings last year and I watched how the Dogs (when they decided to try for a qtr) turned a 50 pt deficit into a 9 pt panis for the Roos....imafgine if the game meant something to them and Eade wasnt resting Murphy/Acker/Cooney every 2 mins and actually let them play in their REAL positions...

If you think Nth - IN ALL the time Laidley has been there are closer to a flag now than ever your drunk, delusional or both. I expect to see Nth play finals and they will be pantsed accordingly - massively playing on spirit right now (which is more than us) but that gets you so far and then what?

Mate, where have you been all day? I've been flying the flag all alone. :lol:

Behind Play
Club Player

If the club does decide to part ways with Ross at the end of this season, as many of us wish will happen. What experience coach in their right mind would consider coming to us. No coach would have the confidence to apply for the job. May be we have to accept the fact that Ross is hear for at least one more year.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Oh well, with 3 games to go, our season is over from all reports.

So we might as well tank and get games into the kids while we can. :roll:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:

Yep got a side that most on here think is far worse than us into a higher position. A couple of poor deals doesnt make him a bad coach. Would you rather a coach who gets some OK deals but the players dont play for him or the other way round.

Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

Buckets wrote:Didn't know that Lyon had been sacked??????? :roll: :roll:

Some of the suggestions are absolutely ridiculous! Are you guys serious? The majority were against the GT sacking yet are quite happy to see Lyon go and us the laughing stock again??? UNREAL :roll: :roll:
We are already a laughing stock. 52,000 turned out on the weekend on the back of Harvey's retirement announcement. Three or four years ago that crowd would have been 70,000 - 80,000.

Our supporters are over our re-active gameplan.

Why do they continue to kick sideways and backwards and hold the ball up?

Why when going forward are our forwards outnumbered?

Why is Milne constantly flying for marks against 2 or 3 opponents?

This has been going on for sometime now and supporters are over it and fed up.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Judging by some of the crap posted on this forum... I'm not surprised that crowds have dropped off TBH. With fans like this, who need's enemies?

Sack the coach, trade the entire list, change the gameplane.

Get Laidley? Everyone wants Lyon sacked? The palayers don't play for him? Bring back GT. WTF? All assumptions.

Keep the faith Sainters, FFS! Otherwise, we feed the self-fulfilling prophecy.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:My biggest fear is that if we sack Lyon, he could go on to win a premiership with another team.
That's your biggest fear?
No club would touch him as a main coach after his efforts thus far.
If he got picked up as an assist. coach and that team won, well good luck to him...

bottom line - can we get better and do better - if so lets get better ... the club should've answered this question before sacking GT.

Fear is not a valid reason for inaction.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Saints43
Club Player

WayneJudson42 wrote:Judging by some of the crap posted on this forum... I'm not surprised that crowds have dropped off TBH. With fans like this, who need's enemies?

Get Laidley? Everyone wants Lyon sacked? The palayers don't play for him? Bring back GT. WTF? All assumptions.

What is the point of that post? Keep the faith? It's a forum for discussion. Why you need to (or have the time to) come on and argue every little f'n point as to why we're going along swimmingly...

Why don't you post it once at the start of the day and then again when your shift ends and night-time WJ42 logs on.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Saints43 wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:Judging by some of the crap posted on this forum... I'm not surprised that crowds have dropped off TBH. With fans like this, who need's enemies?

What is the point of that post? Keep the faith? It's a forum for discussion. Why you need to (or have the time to) come on and argue every little f'n point as to why we're going along swimmingly...

Why don't you post it once at the start of the day and then again when your shift ends and night-time WJ42 logs on.
Coz I can. What's it to you??? Show me where I said we're travelling swimmingly?

Unlike most, I'm not tied to a 9-5 slave pit. I run my business and call the shots. That's my privilidge and I'll post as many times as I want.

The point of the post is that simpletons like yourself post an incredibly negative amount of crap. Hysterical emotional over reaction. As soon as we lose, we want to delist and sack the coach FFS.

And who the F*** are you tell me what to do?? My time is my business. Or perhaps you want to tell more about myself seeing you know it all. I don't argue every point. I reply as I see fit. Ya don't like it? Go take a flying F***... cabbage.

Saints43
Club Player

WayneJudson42 wrote:Show me where I said we're travelling swimmingly?
WayneJudson42 wrote:Keep the faith Sainters, FFS! Otherwise, we feed the self-fulfilling prophecy.
WayneJudson42 wrote:Sack the coach, trade the entire list, change the gameplane.

What would we be keeping faith in if it wasn't going well? You've asked other posters not to comment (most of our comments would be assumptions, I would think) on the coach, the list or the gameplan. Must be fine, then.