Our Flooding Game Plan Is A Bloody Disgrace!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Ros Lyon
Club Player

Our Flooding Game Plan Is A Bloody Disgrace!!

The sooner they get rid of Ross Lyon and his bloody game plan the better off we will be. Every time we went forward, the player with the ball had no one to kick to. So in an effort to do something constructive they booted it as far as possible to try and get it over the heads of the loose defenders. Most times it didn't work and it ended up being an easy mark to the Collingwood defenders.

Ross Lyon...your game plan has turned St kilda FC into the laughing stock of the AFL. With that style football we will never play finals...never!! Grant Thomas was sacked because he supposedly couldn't take us to the next level. Three finals appearances in a row was not good enough!!! What about 2 years in a row out of the finals? How does that stack up?

Ross Lyon.....it is time to go!!!
Last edited by Ros Lyon on Sun 10 Aug 2008 9:36pm, edited 1 time in total.

Baldock Rules
Club Player

Re: Our Flooding Game Plan Is Bloody Disgrace!!

Ros Lyon wrote: Ross Lyon.....it is time to go!!!
Yes it is Ross.21 posts too many.Goodbye.
Last edited by Baldock Rules on Sun 10 Aug 2008 9:36pm, edited 1 time in total.

There are freaks and freaks and Baldock was both of those.
Ros Lyon
Club Player

Baldock Rules wrote:
Yes it Ross.21 posts too many.Goodbye.
So you think I should be banned because I have expressed my opinion!! Isn't that what a Fan Forum is for?

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Ros Lyon wrote:
Baldock Rules wrote:
So you think I should be banned because I have expressed my opinion!! Isn't that what a Fan Forum is for?
Entilted to your opinoin Ros..think you made some good points

..but some of us will not hang Lyon yet.

..the next 3 weeks and a possible beyond hold the key :roll:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Ros Lyon
Club Player

saint patrick wrote:
Ros Lyon wrote:
Baldock Rules wrote:
Entilted to your opinoin Ros..think you made some good points

..but some of us will not hang Lyon yet.

..the next 3 weeks and a possible beyond hold the key :roll:
Thaks saint patrick...can you please explain to me why RL always floods? It seems that that is his only plan. There is no plan B, C or D. That is exactly why GT was sacked in the first place.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

He raises a good point though. The muppet RL was nhired "to take the list to the next level". Over two years not only has he failed, you cant deny we are further away than ever.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: Our Flooding Game Plan Is A Bloody Disgrace!!

Ros Lyon wrote:The sooner they get rid of Ross Lyon and his bloody game plan the better off we will be. Every time we went forward, the player with the ball had no one to kick to. So in an effort to do something constructive they booted it as far as possible to try and get it over the heads of the loose defenders. Most times it didn't work and it ended up being an easy mark to the Collingwood defenders.

Ross Lyon...your game plan has turned St kilda FC into the laughing stock of the AFL. With that style football we will never play finals...never!! Grant Thomas was sacked because he supposedly couldn't take us to the next level. Three finals appearances in a row was not good enough!!! What about 2 years in a row out of the finals? How does that stack up?

Did someone say in another thread that GT was posting on SS :wink: :?: :?:

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Ros Lyon
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:
Ros Lyon wrote:The sooner they get rid of Ross Lyon and his bloody game plan the better off we will be. Every time we went forward, the player with the ball had no one to kick to. So in an effort to do something constructive they booted it as far as possible to try and get it over the heads of the loose defenders. Most times it didn't work and it ended up being an easy mark to the Collingwood defenders.

Did someone say in another thread that GT was posting on SS :wink: :?: :?:
Thanks for your contribution. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Yup, let's go back to the 80's where we sacked coaches every 3 weeks.

Didn't realize that we won't make the finals. :roll:

Sack Lyon... bring back GT... no, bring back Blight... no hang on... bring back Alves. He got us into a GF, which GT never did.

If GT comes back and we don't win a flga... sack him too. Sack my grandmother...

Let's throw out the baby with the bathwater.

Thanks for YOUR contribution :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

for a troll you make some good points

johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

Just one quick point. Collingwood identified Goddard as the "go to" and the Saints played thru him. Collingwood then planned accordingly and were happy to concede Goddard latitude.

hAyES
Club Player

He made a very good point. Ross was meant to take us to the next level, but we have taken a huge step backwards. If any of you have a DVD of a game from '04-'06 you can see the type of football that we played was attacking, play-on at all costs type football. The type of football that wins premierships these days and not the flood the backline and the midfield and leave nobody in the F50 type of football. I've said it plenty of times that Ross is stuck in 2006 and it looks like that's where he's going to stay.

Ros Lyon
Club Player

The sadest thing is that we still have the players to be a top side. Unfortunately Ross Lyon has destroyed their confidence and the winning culture that we used to have. A winning culture that GT developed while he was our coach.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

I admit I do like nor accept the modern style of football, eg flooding, so can someone please explain as to why it was nigh on impossible to find in St Kilda player MANNING UP on their opponent or playing in front of the Collingwood forwards?
And to counter that, whenever the backmen got it out and were heading into the forwards, it was straight into contested marking or Rooey having trying to mark whilst being double-teamed by the Collingwood defenders. Is the hot spot out of vogue? Becasue the Saints forwards kept running to the cold spots out on the wings as close as possible to the boundary lines!!!!

howlinwolf
Club Player

Ros Lyon said...
"The sadest thing is that we still have the players to be a top side. "

Sorry Ros Lyon I beg to differ. We have "some" players that would make a top side. We have lots more that don't.

How many of our players would be picked up by any of the top 4 sides ?
Would easily fit on one hand and maybe a few fingers even.

So if this is correct how the hell can we expect Ross Lyon to get the expected results ?
He's not a magician !

Can you imagine putting Geary,Eddy,Fiora,Gwilt,Gilbert into Geelong's side ?
Suddenly they don't look so unbeatable.

Rest assured Cat's fans bayed for Thompson's head every week for years. I have heard it all at work year in, year out. Believe me.

If you don't have the cattle you won't win a premiership.
WE DON'T HAVE THE CATTLE !

Let's all just settle down and stick with a coach and a structure to build a flag. We have never stuck to a plan long enough to see it through before now.
We need to stick to a plan and not eat our own (like happens on this forum).
We're all here because we love this club. Let's face it. Band together and it can happen.

That's my 2 bob's worth for tonight :-)

Go Saints !!!

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Ros before you make outlandish accusations on the flooding gameplan being RL idea of winning games i think you should maybe spend some time at the club. Maybe volenteer to help out at training then maybe you will understand what the game plan . i seroulsy doubt you have any idea of what go's on at the club and what the game plan is, all i can tell you is this no coach in the comp honestly belives flooding will get you a flag ... why do our boys flood then ? simple answer flooding is a two way street the fact our defence has been undermanned for the past 4 years might have somthing to do with it the fact players know one on one Roo will beat any player forces the opersition to play extra men on him hence why we follow our man . but you push your agenda all you like Ros the fact is GT is gone ppl hang their hat on his 2004 and 2005 form but forget his 2006 form was leading us in a downward spiral . the cold hard fact of it is our team has too many passangers and not enough drivers

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
St Michele
Club Player

My personal opinion is flooding should be banned from the game altogether, when teams use it the whole game is crap!! It is not exciting or interesting to watch at all.

Only my humble opinion of course :-)

Michele