Players Lack Passion

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Players Lack Passion

In a week when the great Robert Harvey announces he is hanging up the boots, you go along to the game thinking that the players will be inspired enough to really put up a good showing.

Passionless, is the only word I can find. Absolutely lacking in guts, determination and passion.

Last quarter. Goddard takes a great, courageous mark and brings us within 2 goals of Collingwood. How many players went to Goddard to say well done? Two. And one was only half hearted.

Next goal from outside 50 to Travis Cloke that put it out of our reach. He kicks the goal and how many teammates come to him? It looked like 18!!

Passionless. A team without passion for the game and passion for their teammates.

Insipid.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Re: Players Lack Passion

SENsaintsational wrote:In a week when the great Robert Harvey announces he is hanging up the boots, you go along to the game thinking that the players will be inspired enough to really put up a good showing.

Passionless, is the only word I can find. Absolutely lacking in guts, determination and passion.

Last quarter. Goddard takes a great, courageous mark and brings us within 2 goals of Collingwood. How many players went to Goddard to say well done? Two. And one was only half hearted.

Next goal from outside 50 to Travis Cloke that put it out of our reach. He kicks the goal and how many teammates come to him? It looked like 18!!

Passionless. A team without passion for the game and passion for their teammates.

Insipid.
Insipid. I agree...our orst loss EVER, considering what was on offer if we won.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

well said it amazed me from the opening bounce - you knew in the first 5 mins they had come to play and we were second to every contest. Just so disspointing.

“Yeah….nah””
kaos theory
Club Player

In a week when the great Robert Harvey announces he is hanging up the boots, you go along to the game thinking that the players will be inspired enough to really put up a good showing.

Insipid
Yes, but why?

We seem to be 'flat' a fair bit these days...

- Is this because we don't have the talent?

- Is it because of our coach/game plan & methods?

- Is it a bit of both?

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Who is responsible for this??????

degruch
Saintsational Legend

kaos theory wrote:

Insipid
Yes, but why?

We seem to be 'flat' a fair bit these days...

- Is this because we don't have the talent?

- Is it because of our coach/game plan & methods?

- Is it a bit of both?
Wgo's the club shrink? About he started earning his money, I reckon.

choowy
Club Player

Ross and his muppets in the coaches box are responsible.

This has occurred 3 weeks in a row now to be coincidental.
________
Mazda Premacy And Mazda5 Picture
Last edited by choowy on Tue 15 Feb 2011 2:22am, edited 1 time in total.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

And further to my rant, if there was a more disinterested player with appalling body language, intent on the ball and will to contest on the ground tonight than Justin Koschitzke, then I've learned nothing in years watching football.

Pathetic tonight Kosi. I hope you are carrying an injury, because if you were 100% tonight, you should hang you head further.

If you are having an off night, then so be it. But you still keep putting in. You don't give up. There is always something, however small, that you can contribute.

If you were giving your best tonight, then heaven help us.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:And further to my rant, if there was a more disinterested player with appalling body language, intent on the ball and will to contest on the ground tonight than Justin Koschitzke, then I've learned nothing in years watching football.

Pathetic tonight Kosi. I hope you are carrying an injury, because if you were 100% tonight, you should hang you head further.

If you are having an off night, then so be it. But you still keep putting in. You don't give up. There is always something, however small, that you can contribute.

If you were giving your best tonight, then heaven help us.
Could add Dal Santo's name to that also.His lack of effort was shocking last night.
To me it looks like he doesn't want to be out there.

A lot of players on our list don't really care that much if we win or lose, I know it for a fact.

Expect too see some leave(or traded) at the end of the season

Bring back the Lockett era
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Has Kosi always been that slow....

Maybe his knee is stuffed,maybe he is playing hurt....

Will we pick up a player in the SSP window :?:
SainterX
Club Player

So they have something in common with Ross then? :P

They play without passion, he talks without passion :wink:

A true king doesn't glass his girlfriend.
A true king doesn't smear his blood on an opponent when he cannot break a tag.
A true king does not label umpires disgraceful.
A true king is Robert Harvey.
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Agree with the bit about knowing after 5 minutes the game was as good as over...

Announced it to the group I was watching the game with on TV and it gives me no satisfaction that I was right :roll:

If there is no reponse to such a performance this week in Perth given Harveys announcement we are effectively finished for the year IMO :shock:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Some on here seem surprised about the result of last nights fiasco.
Did you not see us lose to the Eagles? and made Port look I a great team (they just got smashed by the cheats)
We are a very ordinary unit atm and can only think that Hawthorn and Nth decided to have their shockers against us.
We made Collingwood look like an a grade team of champs last night and we all know that they aren't.

Too many passengers, time to think about some trades for next year.
The club has to make some tough decisions or we will go backwards.
Last edited by The Fireman on Sun 10 Aug 2008 9:16pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Game plan is nonexistent.

If not it is shite and we need a new one.

If the game plan is OK and the players don't adhere to it, it means the coach cannot communicate and is shite.

Kosi and Dal are a disgrace and should both be dropped this week. If not, Ross is not fair dinkum.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell