The opposition lifts against us

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bowey Boy
Club Player

The opposition lifts against us

Interesting how we have played opposition teams that play at their peak for the last three weeks.

Collingwood - motivation obvious I suppose.

Port - Lucky to beat them. I watched their game yesterday against Carlton - they were a different team to the one that played us and were begging for a spanking!!

West Coast - 2008 whipping boy that played their first good game in months to beat us.

Are we just plain unlucky cos other clubs have not had to play these teams at their peak......or is it just us !!?

"I think, 'You kick a footy mate, you kick a footy. It's not like you've got a cure for cancer. You kick a footy, stop thinking you are so special'." - Samantha Black
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: The opposition lifts against us

Bowie Boy wrote:Interesting how we have played opposition teams that play at their peak for the last three weeks.

Collingwood - motivation obvious I suppose.

Port - Lucky to beat them. I watched their game yesterday against Carlton - they were a different team to the one that played us and were begging for a spanking!!

West Coast - 2008 whipping boy that played their first good game in months to beat us.

Are we just plain unlucky cos other clubs have not had to play these teams at their peak......or is it just us !!?
I think it is just us. We are out of form for some reason. It hard to know what has happened in 3 weeks since the Hawks game but we are probably travelling as badly as any club in the AFL bar Melbourne at the moment.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

St Kilda have this annoying habit of playing teams back into form.....

We won't have to worry about Grand Finals any time soon,not with this list anyway.....

We have some really good players,we just don't have enough of them.....

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
widereceiver
Club Player

Under this coach, we accord every opponent too much respect. Therefore we corral and have men behind the ball.

When we go on the attack, we blitz the weaker teams. The better teams have learned to handle that strategy.

Too many people believed the press at the beginning of the season, without considering that our list is just average.

"Winning's not everything, it's the ONLY thing!" Vince Lombardi.
Sam Gilbert #1 booster - always on the attack!!!
Win more for Winmar