Brent Prismall

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Batnoe

Brent Prismall

I like this guy

19 possessions to half time with 2 goals... doesn't get much opportunity at the cats, what would he cost and would you trade for him?

Prismall and Tenace for 2nd rounder?

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

YES. Would be a walk up in any other team IMO.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Re: Brent Prismall

Batnoe wrote:I like this guy

19 possessions to half time with 2 goals... doesn't get much opportunity at the cats, what would he cost and would you trade for him?

would be a handy addition for sure. Just the kind of forward option who would compliment Roo and Kosi. Just turned 22, 6'2" ( 187 cms), excellent kick, good hands.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Brent Prismall

Batnoe wrote:I like this guy

good spotting batnoe. but id say geelong will keep him. 32 and 3 goals tonight....

Batnoe

This is his 8th game of the year with them, very hard to get a game at the cats unless there are injuries

Round 5 Sydney 6 7 13 3 0 3 1 1 0 0 51
Round 11 Kangaroos 12 9 21 4 0 1 1 1 0 0 68
Round 12 Port Adelaide 12 20 32 5 0 2 1 0 1 0 106
Round 13 West Coast 9 12 21 3 0 4 0 1 1 0 79
Round 16 Western Bulldogs 8 12 20 5 0 1 0 1 0 0 64
Round 17 Hawthorn 6 14 20 7 0 3 0 0 0 0 79
Round 18 Richmond 9 15 24 5 0 1 1 1 0 0 74

A natural ball winner, out of his 8 games his lowest is 13, and then 20 possesions... He is still young and might want a better chance somewhere else

i mentioned Tenance, he has natural pace and Geelong dont need it as they play a fast game, they are both players we could use at the saints....

With Harvey moving on next year he could be a valuable replacement

When you have, Ablett, Selwood, Bartel and Corey in the middle and you know you can play, wouldnt you want to trade?

dascman
Club Player

I find it amazing how many people are sucked in to all of this hype surrounding average Geelong players.

It's very simple. With Geelong, it's the whole, rather than the parts, which is superb. As a result, players 17-22 in the Cats team look a whole lot better than they really are in isolation.

People forget, when Geelong were struggling in 2006, according to scribes (including many amateurs on this forum - myself included): Joel Corey was a terrible kick, Cameron Ling was slow and pretty much finished, Cameron Mooney should be traded etc.

These are still true. Joel Corey is still not a great kick, Cameron Ling is still slow (but an unbelievable stopper), and Cameron Mooney is not an outstanding forward, but has first-class delivery every week.

But put together, the unit churns out machine-like efficiency. Take individual players out and put them at different clubs, and I highly doubt that their lower rung of players would be anywhere near as dominant (I even include blokes like Stokes, Mackie and Enright in this category - everyone not quite in the elite category).

Back on topic, take a closer look on Prismall in Geelong's big games. Disposal? Ordinary. Speed? None.

Is this really the player we want? We need PACE through our midfield. Watch Prismall's game against Hawthorn from two weeks ago. He was selling his teammates into trouble and turning the ball over like it was going out of fashion.

So he had 30 possessions and 3 goals tonight. So what? This is hardly a huge achievement in a 116 point win. Regardless of the performance, he is still in their bottom rung, and one bad game could see him back in the VFL.

And Batnoe, everyone in the Geelong midfield gets at least 15 possessions a game. They broke the VFL/AFL record for stats again tonight. I wouldn't pay too much attention to Geelong's possession numbers. At the end of the day, it's quality before quantity, and Prismall certainly doesn't fall into the former.

Batnoe

dascman wrote:I find it amazing how many people are sucked in to all of this hype surrounding average Geelong players.

It's very simple. With Geelong, it's the whole, rather than the parts, which is superb. As a result, players 17-22 in the Cats team look a whole lot better than they really are in isolation.

People forget, when Geelong were struggling in 2006, according to scribes (including many amateurs on this forum - myself included): Joel Corey was a terrible kick, Cameron Ling was slow and pretty much finished, Cameron Mooney should be traded etc.

These are still true. Joel Corey is still not a great kick, Cameron Ling is still slow (but an unbelievable stopper), and Cameron Mooney is not an outstanding forward, but has first-class delivery every week.

But put together, the unit churns out machine-like efficiency. Take individual players out and put them at different clubs, and I highly doubt that their lower rung of players would be anywhere near as dominant (I even include blokes like Stokes, Mackie and Enright in this category - everyone not quite in the elite category).

Back on topic, take a closer look on Prismall in Geelong's big games. Disposal? Ordinary. Speed? None.

Is this really the player we want? We need PACE through our midfield. Watch Prismall's game against Hawthorn from two weeks ago. He was selling his teammates into trouble and turning the ball over like it was going out of fashion.

So he had 30 possessions and 3 goals tonight. So what? This is hardly a huge achievement in a 116 point win. Regardless of the performance, he is still in their bottom rung, and one bad game could see him back in the VFL.

And Batnoe, everyone in the Geelong midfield gets at least 15 possessions a game. They broke the VFL/AFL record for stats again tonight. I wouldn't pay too much attention to Geelong's possession numbers. At the end of the day, it's quality before quantity, and Prismall certainly doesn't fall into the former.
I understand what you are saying, but we struggle to get a player to hit 30 possessions, for a fringe player at one club to get this it just proves that our team and midfield is not good enough or they need to learn Ross' plan as soon as possible, i actually think Ross' plan is quite like Bomber's but we are still trying to master it...

Joel Corey has never been a bad kick IMO, but his last 2 years has been superb, in the top 4 in overall DT stats for the last 2 years, i know Geelong play a possession game, but for this to happen and for him to get as much ball as he has proves that they either give it to him or he gets his own ball ( i think it is both)

Cam Mooney is number one in goal assists, he isnt a great forward but their forward set up looks so much more potent than ours, they are not so 1 dimensional and kick a lot of goals through a lot of players, they average 10 players per game kicking a goal per game a lot of them are their mids- this is Jimmy Bartels 5th game in a row where he has kicked 2 goals per game, as a midfielder that is sensational and something that we lack, you dont need great forward when you have the best midfield

All i am saying his, Prismall is being starved of opportunity in that line up and would make the best 22 in every other club, why not make a run for him? I am only saying someone we have a chance for as the other 4 midfielders would be off limits (Corey, Ablett, Bartell, Selwood, even Ling a 31 possession stopper)

saintly_safes
Club Player

When the ball is in your forward line as often as it was tonight I reckon I could of got 30 possessions (well maybe 20 , would you believe 10) but if Prismal was looking to leave Geelong for more opportunity at another club I think the saints would be interested but so would 15 others

Batnoe

saintly_safes wrote:When the ball is in your forward line as often as it was tonight I reckon I could of got 30 possessions (well maybe 20 , would you believe 10) but if Prismal was looking to leave Geelong for more opportunity at another club I think the saints would be interested but so would 15 others
15 others including Geelong? Or GC team 17

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

It seems like every Geelong player has now become the ultimate running machine - they had 469 possessions yesterday - 11 players had over 20 possies - 6 of those had over 30 :shock:

It's like Geelong have a team of 12 elite midfielders

They have averaged 412 possessions and 60 tackles a match this year so far - they rank 1 for handballs and have had 500 more than the 2nd placed (Hawthorn) - nearly 30 more a match - which means Geelong players must be running extremely hard to receive handballs

Geelong changed their medicos/fitness staff at the start of 2007 season and all of a sudden - whammy - Geelong are easily and consistently racking up over 400 possessions a match - a mark rarely surpassed - not once have St. Kilda had 400 possessions this year however the Cats are doing it easy whereas before the 2007 season they struggled.

EPO anyone???

West Coast had similar stats in 2006 but nowhere as impressive as Geelong's and they were under suspicion for EPO usage as well - according to Aker anyway

EPO detection is still very hit and miss and last year The Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority confirmed that human growth hormone and EPO are not routinely tested in the AFL

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:It seems like every Geelong player has now become the ultimate running machine - they had 469 possessions yesterday - 11 players had over 20 possies - 6 of those had over 30 :shock:

They have averaged 412 possessions and 60 tackles a match this year so far - they rank 1 for handballs and have had 500 more than the 2nd placed (Hawthorn) - nearly 30 more a match - which means Geelong players must be running extremely hard to receive handballs

Geelong changed their medicos/fitness staff at the start of 2007 season and all of a sudden - whammy - Geelong are easily and consistently racking up over 400 possessions a match - a mark rarely surpassed - not once have St. Kilda had 400 possessions this year however the Cats are doing it easy whereas before the 2007 season they struggled.

EPO anyone???

West Coast had similar stats in 2006 but nowhere as impressive as Geelong's and they were under suspicion for EPO usage as well - according to Aker anyway

EPO detection is still very hit and miss and last year The Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority confirmed that human growth hormone and EPO are not routinely tested in the AFL
Yep EPO for sure and probably a bit of cocaine and heroin as well. Imagine if Melbourne used it they might kick 10 goals. Yep the cats no good but drugs are making them good.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Yep EPO for sure and probably a bit of cocaine and heroin as well. Imagine if Melbourne used it they might kick 10 goals. Yep the cats no good but drugs are making them good.
Thanks knuckles I knew I could count on you to back me up :wink:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
StSteven
Club Player

It will be interesting to see if they change the game forever or whether the game plan, like flooding, is a temporary winner.

They are awesome in how they play as a team. Interesting how EVERY player talks about "their role". They talk as a team rather than any individual achievements.

It is a massive culture change in a club known for its individual stars.

While I used to be jealous of them, I now just enjoy watching them. No wonder they are called the "Harley Globetrotters"!

When we get the "team approach" we will be up there also.

Batnoe

Devilhead wrote:It seems like every Geelong player has now become the ultimate running machine - they had 469 possessions yesterday - 11 players had over 20 possies - 6 of those had over 30 :shock:

EPO anyone???

Cats had 480 possesions i believe and we got over 400 against the Hawks

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

tom hawkins will also find it hard to get in that team

what happened to wojinskii

Solar
Saintsational Legend

tennance would be an interesting one, has very good pace and is struggling to find a spot. Would be perfect to develop. 2nd rounder

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
saintly_safes
Club Player

Batnoe wrote:
saintly_safes wrote:When the ball is in your forward line as often as it was tonight I reckon I could of got 30 possessions (well maybe 20 , would you believe 10) but if Prismal was looking to leave Geelong for more opportunity at another club I think the saints would be interested but so would 15 others
15 others including Geelong? Or GC team 17
Gold Coast & Tasmania actually

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Solar wrote:tennance would be an interesting one, has very good pace and is struggling to find a spot. Would be perfect to develop. 2nd rounder
would not waste a 2nd round on that hack... Tenace is useless... will be delisted at the end of the year and wont get picked up.... absolute dud..

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Geez, the way the rest of the Geelong team kick the ball, I reckon I could rack up twenty possessions and kick two goals (I'd have to be close, like 10 metres out).

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:
Solar wrote:tennance would be an interesting one, has very good pace and is struggling to find a spot. Would be perfect to develop. 2nd rounder
would not waste a 2nd round on that hack... Tenace is useless... will be delisted at the end of the year and wont get picked up.... absolute dud..
pick him up psd then, the kid was a first rounder who has skill and pace. Might need a kick up the arse similar to what mini got

FQF
In richo I trust

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

good players bring others into the game.

a few years ago, folks were drooling over the second and third string WCE players. take away the elite players and their confidence and they are ordinary players again.

WCE are a very ordinary side in the absense of kerr, cousins, glass, judd and cox.

Geelong players from 2005/06 are playing with tremendous discipline and confidence, but they aren't better players, they are just playing better football.

look at Des Headcase, was talking about as a future superstar, the next gun, but take him out of the brilliant Brisbane midfield, and he was ordinary.

Same as heath black, tremendous gun player in one of the best midfields, went back to Freo, barely a GOP at the side.

Even hackland, looked really good when he had harvey, ball, burke, thomo etc running around his feet, put him the carlton midfield minus Judd, and you might as well replace him with a street pole.

Even knobel, looked like a solid ruckman at st kilda, chased the $$ at tigerland, and without the saints mosquito squadron, was shown up for the rubbish player he was.

not every player is a superstar at geelong, they are playing well as a team though, and guns like bartel and Ablett, bring lesser lights into the game..

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Solar
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:good players bring others into the game.

a few years ago, folks were drooling over the second and third string WCE players. take away the elite players and their confidence and they are ordinary players again.

WCE are a very ordinary side in the absense of kerr, cousins, glass, judd and cox.

Geelong players from 2005/06 are playing with tremendous discipline and confidence, but they aren't better players, they are just playing better football.
maybe it's just the bitter saints supporter in me but when are they going to break a mirror or walk past a black cat. When they do get a couple of injuries they are 2-3 weeks at the most. Anyone remember the last time the cats lost a key player to a season ending injury?

FQF
In richo I trust

vacuous space
SS Life Member

Solar wrote:Anyone remember the last time the cats lost a key player to a season ending injury?
Egan hasn't played since R22 last year.

Sam23
SS Life Member

We made a play for Prismall last year and was given a NO.

I think we offered a second round pick.

Goddard.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

case in point

Stephen Kernahan... one of the all time Carlton greats.

Could barely kick the ball 40m, not a particuarly accurate kick, was just an ok mark and rarely took games apart like the other great CHFs of his time.
Yet he was made to look like a champion CHF because he played in a champion team with players that supported him.

I like Kernahan but on talent, he was not fit to shine Stewart Loewe's boots. Loewe regualarly tore games apart and played some very average teams but history will remember Kernahan as a great and Loewe as a talented but inconsyent player that didn't fire in the big games