forward set up

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Pilgram
Club Player

the best thing about australian rules is that you can clock someone and keep playing:

why not use the g-train on the goal line belting people to smitherines for one last time with kosi at full forward and roo from fifty?

Gilbert=Legend

Kosi full forward
Roo up the ground
gwilt on the forward flank
milne roving off kosi
Then rest the centres in the pocket

When moving forward push wide and left kosi run up the centre, or when they flood get roo and kosi in the square, they'll fly, noone can contest, dropped mark adam and milne rove,

The key is to move the ball quickly before the other team floods

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Pilgram wrote:the best thing about australian rules is that you can clock someone and keep playing:

why not use the g-train on the goal line belting people to smitherines for one last time with kosi at full forward and roo from fifty?
He has more credibility than that. Would want to be known as a coleman medallist than "that guy who went nuts and king hit 3 guys in his last game" (the Alistair Lynch theory).

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Pilgram wrote:the best thing about australian rules is that you can clock someone and keep playing:

Would rather have him available for the finals...along with the rest of our team. Leave the agro to the Pies, they can belt eachother around.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

True Blue Sainter wrote:Forward set up should be:

Riewoldt: Roam wherever he sees fit. Plays up the ground when we need a target coming out of defence and the midfield is struggling, or stays closer to goal if we are on top.

Kossie: Stick close to goal. Use his contested marking ability to its full potential by having him pull down most of his marks within 50m of goal, unless we need him as a follower.

Milne: At Kossie's feet.

Schneider: Play as a genuine HFF. Has the license to push deep and get the ball on the wings, but when the ball is up forward, we need him up there as a crumbing option.

Gwilt: On the basis of last week's performance, I would like to see Jimmy be given a go as a mobile, 3rd tall option up forward.

Fizz: Play the opposite flank to Schneider. Rotate with someone like Eddy/Armo/Birss through the midfield and off the bench.
like this. but i'd substitute dal santo for fiora. i think dal can provide the link that is missing in our forward line.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

This is a bit off topic but is anyone else having trouble recognising regular posters with their new avatars?

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:This is a bit off topic but is anyone else having trouble recognising regular posters with their new avatars?
i never had one before. only took the trouble to work out how to do it this week because of the harvey retirement.

davidgrantfan
Club Player

what Ive really enjoyed lately is our goal kicking from outside 50...previously we didnt seem to have anyone actually doing it, until Gram started the ball rolling a few games ago..

Gwilt looks much better up fwd than in defence..to me at least.. Would still like to see Allen ,or preferably Ferg get a bit more of a tryout at some point...

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:This is a bit off topic but is anyone else having trouble recognising regular posters with their new avatars?
Just shows how visual we are-
I never had to change mine :)

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107