Should we go for Didak or Shaw in trade week?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Huzzad
Club Player

Should we go for Didak or Shaw in trade week?

If Didak and either of the Shaw brothers are up for trade, do you think we should go for them?

From a club culture point of view, I say no. Then again we have Mickey Gardiner, who seems to have settled his off-field behaviour. If Didak was able to keep out of trouble, or either of the Shaws for that matter, would it be worth pursuing them? If either of them could keep out of trouble and stay in form, they could be very good for us. But is it too big a risk to take, or is their reputation permanantly tainted?

Thoughts?

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

No....no d***HEAD*

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Definitely not Didak, he doesn't appear to have taken any notice of his prior warnings. I also don't believe that he was a 'good boy' whilst on his 'special contract'. Wasn't there some 'noise' a couple of months ago about him being in a venue in the early hours which Collingwood said was ok because it was a 'bar' and not a 'nightclub'? I'm still not convinced btw that we've actually heard the real story from Sunday night. It makes absolutely no sense for Didak to have 'run away' from the car crash if the circumstances are what the Collingwood PR machine are as they would have us believe.

Rhyce Shaw is not a good enough player, IMHO, to take. He is no better than a Mark McGough type, and would add very little to us

Heath Shaw is a very good player and still very young. Hopefully he will learn the lesson of this week and once taken away from the 'Collingwood Culture', I believe he will turn out fine.

Saint Mik
Club Player

Going from a club with no morals at all and into a club with plenty could just work for Didak.

If we could get him for a cheap trade then yes, but if it was at market value then no.

Could become a bargain if the Porkie Pies just want him gone no matter what?

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

Wouldnt touch either with a barge pole personally!

Go saints in '09!
Saint Mik
Club Player

Didak will work well in a club with leadership, morals, and a decent president that is not a complete Farkwit hiding under a rock.

Oh and a coach that has a tiny bit of a backbone and actually thinks about the way his players are perceived in public instead of just winning a game of football.

Mick will be spewing they have been dropped, he would of still played them if he had his way :roll:

I would take Didak he is worth a risk, but then again I would want him cheap because of the history.

With the CORRECT contract in place he is very dangerous on the ground and not so damaging off it, the Porkie Pies stuffed it completley

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

NO f****** WAY

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Read todays paper.

Didak is not a priority and the Saints wont chase him.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

dont need them anyway

the draft will do just fine

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

we will not go for them but i wouild love it if we went for didak.

he is a massive improvement on schneider who plays a similar role for us and it is all about improving your team.

would make sure we have an out clause in any contract offered as he is a d**khead but on field he could be huge for us.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
spert
Saintsational Legend

If I was a parent of young Saints players, I wouldn't want to see a person like Didak around my kids

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

If only you guys knew what Michael Gardiner, Paul Medhurst, Darren Pfieffer and Graham Polak used to get up too in their spare time...

Fair dinkum. Have they burned the fans at their new clubs?

I'd happily trade for both because I am confident the club would benefit from their skills and ability. Not only that, wouldn't our stronger culture help them become better people?

Heath Shaw won't be traded, but Didak definitely will. I'm not sure Rhys Shaw would be what we're after.

I'd be looking to do a deal with the Pies for sure. Imagine how badly Didak will want to behave at his next club - given from accounts I've heard that he has put in huge strides to focus on footy.

In the old days, he'd have been out till 5am - not on his way home before midnight...and ffs, I expect even our players were out on Sunday night having a few drinks.

I have a firm belief in being able to intergrate players into a football club with a strong culture. We have that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we should flood our list with bad boys, but we snagged any one (maybe two) of Cousins, Didak or Kerr, I'd be very happy.

Just ask Geelong whether they are happy they kept Steve Johnson. Or whether Sydney - even now - wishes they didn't have Hall. Or the whole 2006 Eagles team. Or Byron Pickett at Port Adelaide, or Martin Pike at Brisbane.

The reality is that a few blokes with chequered history won't kill your footy club. It's how you manage them.

That's the difference between understanding how football - and people - work, and just assuming a bad apple once remains rotten forever.

Like I said, I wonder what you'll be saying about Steve Johnson - who was given more chances (privately) than Didak - when he takes home a Norm Smith Medal in two months.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Batnoe

This should be an interesting trade period

All in hype these players could be traded- some good names

Alwyn Davey, Daniel Kerr, J Brown, Barry Hall, Didak, Shaws

i wouldnt mind most of them, obviously some will stay but there are some big names there

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Don't want them.....don't need them.

If it was Heath Shaw.....then it would be a different kettle of fish.....guys an absolute gun and would take him at the saints in a heartbeat.

But it's not.....so pointless really!

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

The problem lies with Didak's contract.

He'd be ideal to get on the same basis as MG... This is your last chance.

However, the Pies will want to trade hard for him, rather than delist him, so to get him, you'd need to pay him pretty well.

On that basis, you'd lose leverage. Other clubs who may not be so fickle, will be happy to offer whatever is required.

Ironically, Didak could find himself in a good bargaining position.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Didak 'the footballer' would be the best pickup we could hope for.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Batnoe wrote:This should be an interesting trade period

All in hype these players could be traded- some good names

Alwyn Davey, Daniel Kerr, J Brown, Barry Hall, Didak, Shaws

i wouldnt mind most of them, obviously some will stay but there are some big names there
Bring back Barry for 2 years and stick him in the square?

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
StSteven
Club Player

No way, Didak and his associates impact the other players around them. I think "our moral club" is a little more fragile than some here would like to believe. We don't want to rock it.

bergsone
SS Life Member

Ability and Brains dont allways go together,as players yes,do we take the risk no.Draft the youth IMO

goodie
Club Player

No point chasing Didak, he's under contract and no way will the Pies let him go cheap.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

GC17 is coming .... no trades except mybe we will trade unwanted players for draft picks .....

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

If the price was right, I'd take either in a heartbeat.

The reality will be that IF Collingwood looks to trade either (and at this point, it's ALL speculation) I doubt the price will be right. For all the inuendo surrounding Didak, I personally doubt he's the badboy he's made out to be - I see him as more of a sheep than an instigator. I suspect clubs that interview Didak will decide the talent is worth the risk... especially the Adelaide clubs which have been hoping to lure him home for a while - take him away from the Melbourne nightlife, opportunity to find himself in the limelight, and his personality won't be an issue... his onfield persona would fit well at Port...

long story short, he won't be cheap.

If the Pies decide to move Shaw, he won't be cheap. He would be a fantastic pickup, the running backman with an accurate kick that we lost when Jones required. Gram's done an admirable job, but IMO is more of a midfielder... Shaw would be an assett to our current style too.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

BAM! (shhhh) wrote:If the Pies decide to move Shaw, he won't be cheap. He would be a fantastic pickup, the running backman with an accurate kick that we lost when Jones required. Gram's done an admirable job, but IMO is more of a midfielder... Shaw would be an assett to our current style too.
Indeed he would - begs the question............ what would you give up for him?

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Cousins would be a safer bet.

Didak hasn't hit rock bottom yet.

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

WayneJudson42 wrote:He'd be ideal to get on the same basis as MG... This is your last chance.
I believe it was the rumour that we got MG for $80,000 for that whole year he didn't play.

Didak is on 2 years, $800,000.

@ $400,000 a year, i'd rather take someone else.

But.....this does clear up the room Collingwood needed to get Benny Cousins.

I'm no more confident than ever that BC will be in the black and white next year.

But in saying that, i'd also be suprised if Collingwood take him. Considering that they cleared out the problem childs.

It would be against the ethics of getting rid of Shaw and Didak in the first place.

Will be interesting.