The Official Tribute Thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ONE4Harves

Harves!!!!!!
No one like you to ever have played the game.
I salute you for everything you have achieved.
You are my knight in shining armor.

What words??? Only tears of an emotion I've never experienced before.
The honour as a 17 year old to have lived in your era is a privilege. The era of the ultimate shimmy, the ultimate step and shrug of a tackle, and an era of ultimate sportsman ship.

You are my inspiration.

Do it for Harves boys

The only time where one Harv equals a whole lot of greatness.
siamang

The greatest player of all time.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

An awesome career.
Personally a truly sad day.
You always knew the end was coming but that doesnt seem to make it easier.
I know its footy not life but to many (and me) Harvey WAS St Kilda as evidenced by the roar that went up last week when he ran back on to the ground.

Its rare a person can be so universally loved and admired by supporters and opposition alike. Its rare because it takes an additional component to skill - it takes a genuine humility...perhaps just the fact he embodies the ideal of a true heroe in an often cynical world that provides so few.

No Premierships to brag about at St Kilda but yet when you sat with friends and talked footy and Harveys name came up you couldnt help swell with pride in the knowledge he played for "our club" and while footy is a team game about team rewards....you sensed others wouldve loved to have had that connection to a legend at their clubs.

Yes theres been better players with more skill - Abletts, Careys, Locketts, - but truly did any of them inspire you because you knew they were the complete champion package that Harvey is? - the package that knew how to play the game AND how to carry themself off field?

Thats rare.

Thank you for the wonderful memories. Saturday afternoons wont be quite the same.

“Yeah….nah””
number7

I can't imagine a St. kilda team without him (born in 87). My all time hero.

bethb7
Club Player

The heart and soul of the st kilda football club love ya Harves :) have a good retirement champ

If you can't give the commitment you gave this year and you don't want to improve, you can go because we have unfinished business-Ross Lyon