OFFICIAL. End of Season #35 !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

am listning to the ten news to see if they show it , on there,

it is like losing a brother, or any sibling

SaintWodonga
Club Player

I am glad he has given us time to prepare and send him off. A true clubman, never has a bad word about anyone.

I wish there was a premeirship for him. I can't see anyone beating the Cats this year.

He is a Superstar not quite the media love child like Hird, Kouta, Buckley etc. But we as Saints will always remember him for his courage and the ability to play for the jumper (unlike Plugger).

It's a sad day, but one we should always be thankful for a such a bloke and his serivce to the Red, White & Black.

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
St.Walker
Club Player

Thanks Harvs

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

The St Kilda Legend.

You mean everything to me about this club, Harves.

Never, ever will your legacy be forgotten and I hope the club is planning some almighty recognition of your efforts.

May I start by suggesting that the 'Doug Hawkins wing' - only in place for Bulldogs games - becomes the 'Robert Harvey wing' for St Kilda games.

Before that however, if the playing group put in one substandard effort before the end of the year, they ought to be put up against a wall and shot.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

Definitely we have heard that this will be his last time but to me it just never sank in- i kinda just blew it off! But today really is it and im not ready for it !

Harvey you are a true champion and stkilda has been so fortunate to have such a strong and loyal legend at the club!

Go saints in '09!
St Marcus
Club Player

Thanks Harv's Thanks Harv's Thanks Harv's Thanks Harv's 375 times.....

Lets send him off in style. All Saints supporters get to every game you can. Cheer him as loud as you can, chant 'Harvey Army' Make sure he knows how much we all LOVE him

And boys win thru for him

Moved from WA in 1988 and went to my first Saints game same year , against Melbourne at Moorabbin and we won. Was hooked from that day onwards. Remember Harv's first game so feel a special connection (as we all do) with the great man

What a dignified, courageous, loyal but humble CHAMPION and as I type this at work in my office the TEARs are flowing!!!

Saints94
SS Life Member

No don't go Harves, I'll miss you

saintDal
Club Player

So glad I get to see him one more time over here.

Thanks Rob for all the years you have put in. A true legend of the game and will be missed greatly.

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

I've been half waiting for, and half fearing this day for half a decade now. This year more than any since prior to 2004 I've been expecting an announcement at some stage. He's hung on in hopes of a premiership which had seemd inevitable enough to say "just one more year".

The only, only, ONLY ways in which I'm really finding it saddening is that he could so easily keep playing, and that if this is the final year of his premiership dream, his only hope is a fairytale ending. We push our stars out too early so we don't see them reduced to merely above average players. Were other players of Harves age still around, it might have made 400 seem more reasonable to him. Otherwise, this is a retirement well earned.

I'm finding it distracting, but mainly because there are just so many memories he's given me over the years. Reasons to cheer during the downtimes, reasons to get excited during the good times, a truly iconic player who has stood up to the spotlight in an era when so many of our stars come crashing down. He has lived up to the ideal, talent, humility, perseverence. I regret that my son is too young to understand, Robert Harvey would be a hero and idol I would encourage, and I can't think of many suitable, and none comparable.

He started before Hird, Voss, Buckley, he's finished after. During the late 90s, he was the competition's premier midfielder. His career has been a tribute to the power of work ethic, and an indominable spirit being the things that took a great talent and created a legend.

I know when I'm an old man, I will be telling stories of watching Harvey to anyone who will listen.

I know I won't be alone.

Thanks Harves.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

:cry: true champion

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

I can't believe the day is finally here. It was shattering when Stewie and Burkey retired, but to me, this is almost infinitely worse. It's like someones reached deep into my guts and twisted them and I'm feeling the pain.

Banger, you are the humblest of champions, yet the most magical football player to ever don the St. Kilda guernsey. He pioneered the art of gut-running, and only had eyes for the ball. Would often be battered from pillar to post by not only his direct opponent, but other blokes from the opposition, and never reacted. Not once.

We have (potentially) 8 weeks left to savour our #35's magic. The most disheartening thing to see would be further inept performances from the selected team in the remaining matches. If this doesn't act as a spur, I honestly don't know what would. Robert Harvey IS St. Kilda. If the St. Kilda football club is a church, Robert Harvey is my Pope. He is simply the greatest.

Robert, you started your football career a year after I was born. That means I've been watching you for as long as I can remember watching the Saints. The one thing you deserve is a premiership. The boys are good enough to do it when all of them are switched on. I'm not a religious person, but I'll be praying every day that they can deliver that elusive flag for you. It is simply a farce that players such as Aaron Keating (just to name one) have a premiership medal, whilst you still do not.

The Saints are coming!
bigmicka
Club Player

I have been crying on and off all day today.

Love ya Harves.

mic

No one ever built a statue for a critic.
mcadam05
Club Player

heres a thought why not have a testamonal game in Oct at Moorabbin one side would be teamates of harveys from the last 20yrs and the other side would be players who hes played against him for the last 20yrs

peter lockwood
Club Player

I gonna miss you banger.You are both a champion on and off the field. :cry: :cry:

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

As a Saints fan I cant thank Robert Harvey enough for all he has done for the St Kilda FC.

It will be very strange (and sad) in 09 to see a St Kilda side without Robert Harvey, but im sure it will be less sad if we can send the great man out with teh Premership cup.

C'MON SAINTERS I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
harvesfan

[quote="i_luv_nick_riewoldt"]oh we should be celebrating what we have seen from the hero although it will be difficult to get rid of the tears right now!!

Totally agree. I'm sad but I'm so thankful I got to see him play. Anyone know a good tribute video?? Just saw you can also post tribute messages on saints central - http://www.saintscentral.com.au/Detail.aspx?id=462

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

There are no words.

I cant describe how im feeling.

There are tears of sadness (for the day), happiness (for the career), pride (that hes ours) and regret (that whe hasn't got the one thing he so craves) streaming down my face.

I love Robert Harvey. I love the St.Kilda Football Club.

The two will always, always go hand in hand.

St.Kilda FC = Robert Harvey.

BonoRocks
Club Player

n1ck wrote:There are no words.

I cant describe how im feeling.

There are tears of sadness (for the day), happiness (for the career), pride (that hes ours) and regret (that whe hasn't got the one thing he so craves) streaming down my face.

I love Robert Harvey. I love the St.Kilda Football Club.

The two will always, always go hand in hand.

St.Kilda FC = Robert Harvey.
i agree with this, i called my son Harvey for obvious reasons, he is 4 now and loves robert harvey and nick niewoldt (yes neiwoldt, its so cute). im happy he got to watch him even if he wont remember, ill show him later on.

Thanks for the memories Harvs, i know in my house, like Barks, you will never ever be forgotten abd be an inspiration for a long time coming !

Schillaci
Club Player

The greatest Saint of all time.

bergsone
SS Life Member

New it was coming,but gee that sent a chill up my spine hearing that,like a death of a close one .All i can say is THANKYOU so very very much BANGER

1966-2008......A FINAL GIFT

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

westy wrote:Thank god for this forum because there seems to be buggar all on the radio in Perth and just when you want to listen to SEN online, Media Player s***s itself. I am pissed off! I feel as though I have lost a son, it is an incredible feeling. I am so glad that wev'e got tickets to see the great man play the dockers over here
Try http://www.1radio.com.au - Melbourne/SEN1116.

yipper
SS Life Member

I am feeling shattered - but so proud that he was a StKilda player. I have been priviledged to watch 3 of the greatest sportsman play footy in StKilda jumpers - Darrell Baldock, Trevor Barker and the legendary Rob Harvey. These final rounds will be both exciting and sad. They simply must give everything they've got in their bodies in every game left this year for this great man. The finest midfielder I have ever seen play afl footy. A true champion. I reckon I've seen most of his 376 games so far - I have seen some of the best individual brilliance from a player you could ever want to see - thanks Harvs.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Cheer up guys, he's not dead!

Just moving on in life. :D

I'm sure he'll be a figure at the saints for many many years to come.

midas_touch
Club Player

An absolute legend. Harves is one of the greats of the game. Won't be the same without him.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

im happy for him but i cant help feeling gutted no more harvey will we ever see someone like him.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93