Heath Shaw charged with drink-driving *updated*

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
perfectionist wrote:He got pissed, drove a car and had an accident. Fortunately, no-one was injured. Nothing to do with footy, I say, it's his job, not his life.

Reminded of the saying: Let those without sin cast the first stone. It won't be me.
So you'd be recommending this sort of behaviour to any 20+ year olds you know?

Isn't that the point of it all?
There are kids running around idolizing footballers like Heath Shaw just like others idolize Paris Hilton and Brittaney Spears etc (who afterall are only celebrities).
Are they setting a good example?
Should they be expected to set a good example?
Is that part of the 'downside' of being a league footballer - having to set a good example to the wider community?
First of all, it's time we got rid of this "Role Model" crap. They are footballers. nothing else. I followed the Saints when I was boy, teenager and young man. The idea that my behaviour was or should be in any way influenced by a footballer, cricketer, film actor or anyone else without any real knowledge of the person's life is ridiculous. And it is up to adults everywhere to state this to their children if they haven't done so already. In any event, anyone with half a brain can work this out for themselves.

Most of it is driven by some sanctimonious media types who being basically worthless people themselves, abuse their power and position.
Welcome to Paradise!

Here back on Earth, the real world, AFL footabllers are 'role models' whether you like it or not.

Do you see kids/teenagers/adults walking around in Club footy jumpers with players' numbers on their backs?
And do these same kids/teenagers put pictures/posters of their 'heroes' up on their bedroom walls etc?

If you really think that these AFL footballers are not 'idolized' by their adoring fans and don't instill a sense of mimicry in them (I wanna grow up just like ,....) then you are kidding yourself.

How you choose to educate/bring up your own kids is your business, but to think you can infer your ethics/morals on to the general football public is, IMHO, naive.

Griggsy
SS Life Member

Mr Magic wrote:
perfectionist wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
perfectionist wrote:He got pissed, drove a car and had an accident. Fortunately, no-one was injured. Nothing to do with footy, I say, it's his job, not his life.

Reminded of the saying: Let those without sin cast the first stone. It won't be me.
So you'd be recommending this sort of behaviour to any 20+ year olds you know?

Isn't that the point of it all?
There are kids running around idolizing footballers like Heath Shaw just like others idolize Paris Hilton and Brittaney Spears etc (who afterall are only celebrities).
Are they setting a good example?
Should they be expected to set a good example?
Is that part of the 'downside' of being a league footballer - having to set a good example to the wider community?
First of all, it's time we got rid of this "Role Model" crap. They are footballers. nothing else. I followed the Saints when I was boy, teenager and young man. The idea that my behaviour was or should be in any way influenced by a footballer, cricketer, film actor or anyone else without any real knowledge of the person's life is ridiculous. And it is up to adults everywhere to state this to their children if they haven't done so already. In any event, anyone with half a brain can work this out for themselves.

Most of it is driven by some sanctimonious media types who being basically worthless people themselves, abuse their power and position.
Welcome to Paradise!

Here back on Earth, the real world, AFL footabllers are 'role models' whether you like it or not.

Do you see kids/teenagers/adults walking around in Club footy jumpers with players' numbers on their backs?
And do these same kids/teenagers put pictures/posters of their 'heroes' up on their bedroom walls etc?

If you really think that these AFL footballers are not 'idolized' by their adoring fans and don't instill a sense of mimicry in them (I wanna grow up just like ,....) then you are kidding yourself.

How you choose to educate/bring up your own kids is your business, but to think you can infer your ethics/morals on to the general football public is, IMHO, naive.
I support the saints because i grew up in awe of Harvey, he was my role model. Ive played a ton more basketbal than footy so Micheal Jordan was a role model and many more.

To say young people arnt affected by the actions of their idols is plain silly. Don't think i would have been a happy camper if Harvey disgraced himself 10 years ago.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

There are aspects of this that don't add up. It is being reported that Heath Shaw blew 0.144 BAC. Under normal circumstances he would receive an "On the Spot" fine along with an automatic licence suspension for 15 months (0.140 to 0.149 incurs a 15 month penalty), yet he is going straight to Court. There are a number of reasons why this would be the case. These being;

He is still a P Plate driver. If this is the case it is a whole lot worse because P Platers are required to be 0.00. There is also the question as to why he is still a P Plater at 22, almost 23

That there are other charges associated with the crash that haven't been reported

That he is/was right up on the threshold with demerit points

If any of the above are correct (and it could be a combination of 2 or more) he is in a whole lot of strife and because of his profile should be made an example of !!

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Today's events have only reinforced my view that the Pies will not win a flag anytime soon.

A typical spin job by Eddie and his cohorts IMO: Look like you're angry and hope the public swallow it... and play him anyway because we could miss out on the finals.

It's time they stopped believing their own hype and woke up to themselves. No wonder no one wants too trade with them.

Just because they are the "most" followed club or have a high number of members, they think they can do, and get away with anything.

Not only do they lack moral conviction, but they also lack any leadership.

Where's the leadership group, FFS?

Shaw has embarrased himself, his supporters and the club's "brand".

Spineless club IMHO.

Witness Geelong's response to Johnson last year. Real leadership... real results.

Even Swan's response to Hall. FFS.

Obviously, they have learnt nothing from Milane's death.

History will judge this as Eddie's second biggest stuff up, next to trying to run Channel 9.

Pure 100% Piss Poor Effort.

They can have as many cups in the cabinet as they want for all I care. They still suck.

End of sanctimoniuos rant.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

didak has apparently changed his story 7 times based on video evidence.

:lol: :lol:

heath shaw has been offered a position in the carlton leadership group though.

:lol: :lol:

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Quite funny Dan, if it wasn't so sad.

He should be suspended until he undertakes rehab etc.

Eddie should also go out and talk to families who've lost loved ones because of drink driving, and look them in the eye and explain his decision.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

C'mon - he got drunk and drove... it's not like he got drunk and pissed on a window... he was probably trying to get home for a private whizz! (insert new plugger66 emoticon here)

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

It was revealed in a Press Release from Collingwood at around 8.45 tonight that both Heath Shaw & Alan Didak LIED to their club about exactly what took place last night. They are now saying that Didak WAS in the car with Shaw. Collingwood will be holding a Press Conference tomorrow morning on this. They said that they reserve the right to alter/add to penalties already handed out !!

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Well surprise surprise, Alan Didak has been a bit loose with the truth.

He must be extremely glad he signed a new contract last week with no grog clauses. Was probably out celebrating.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Griggsy
SS Life Member

no doubt the reason for the lies was because he pulled a runner

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
degruch wrote:
plugger66 wrote:What about Justin Peckett?
He doesn't play for us anymore, so it's a bit hard to suspend him.
But what happened when he did and lost his licence?

big difference "plugga"...the guy had a few drinks the night before...was still over when he drove 6 hours later.......ffs.......even you should be aware that an apple aint a flowering orange..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: ....thick.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Without video evidence surely they can't be suspended? :twisted:

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
RedWhiteBlack
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote:Well surprise surprise, Alan Didak has been a bit loose with the truth.

He must be extremely glad he signed a new contract last week with no grog clauses. Was probably out celebrating.
It won't matter in the slightest. If the Pies want him gone, they can tear it up on a number of grounds, mainly bringing the club/game into disrepute.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

RedWhiteBlack wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:Well surprise surprise, Alan Didak has been a bit loose with the truth.

It won't matter in the slightest. If the Pies want him gone, they can tear it up on a number of grounds, mainly bringing the club/game into disrepute.
And his 'new contract' starts next year, this year he is playing under his 'old contract'.