Huge game Saints v Pies

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Huge game Saints v Pies

always a big crowd and a good game

can't wait to see how our small backs go against the pies. Can they get enough goal scorers to kick a winning score? Can we use the ball well enough to hurt a weakened defence.

Season on the line for both sides. Can't wait!

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

And whats more I'll be there .

Times up in Darwin after 3 1/2 adventerous years.
Driving back wednesday morning,hoping to be in Melbourne by lunchtime,in time to unpack the car and boat then off to the G where I can let 3 1/2 years of frustration of not being able to go to games and having to vent on saintsational.

Like to see Max,Birss and Armo back in.

Geary's not ready...pack him away for 2009 maybe

If we played the way we did for 3 quarters today the filth will run rampant. Need big improvement to win this one.

Long range forecast is fairly bleak...may be a wet slippery encounter at the G

Bring back the Lockett era
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:And whats more I'll be there .

Driving back wednesday morning,hoping to be in Melbourne by lunchtime,in time to unpack the car and boat then off to the G where I can let 3 1/2 years of frustration of not being able to go to games and having to vent on saintsational.

Like to see Max,Birss and Armo back in.

Geary's not ready...pack him away for 2009 maybe

If we played the way we did for 3 quarters today the filth will run rampant. Need big improvement to win this one.

Long range forecast is fairly bleak...may be a wet slippery encounter at the G
I spent 3 1/2 adventurous years in Darwin just after Cyclone Tracy. Back to Melb and Been to most games since. :)

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Driving back wednesday morning,
WHAT???
you'd give up a chance to vote in the election just to see the Saints v Collingwood live?

lucky bastard! :wink:

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:

Driving back wednesday morning,
WHAT???
you'd give up a chance to vote in the election just to see the Saints v Collingwood live?

lucky bastard! :wink:
Nil all draw on that one I think Desertsaint :?

Labour have not delivered on anything ,all talk...but the country liberals are a rabble

Bring back the Lockett era
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:
Labour have not delivered on anything ,all talk...but the country liberals are a rabble
very true on both counts :(

as a saints supporter i may just vote for the rabble.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
mick13
Club Player

pack the stadium out sainters!

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Lets smash those pathetic filthy scum.....

Not a chance we're gonna let Joffa throw on that ridiculous gold number.

4ever_saint
Club Player

jonesy wrote: Geary's not ready...pack him away for 2009 maybe
watched him today and he seemed really nervous. he got lost a lot, never seemed to know who he was picking up and when he had a man he was scared that he was going to run off him (which you could tell from him constantly putting his arm out to make sure the player wouldnt move off him). dont know whether it was just nerves of being back in the senior side but when he did get the ball you can tell he knows how to use it.

i would like to see him get another go but if he puts in another performance like today i would be inclined to leave him in the scorps for the rest of the year.

saintly_safes
Club Player

The main thing going for us this week is that their travelling as bad as we are at the moment. Dont rate Collingwood as a force & havent all year. At the start of the year they were playing with self belief , even beat the cats by 70 points.This proves that is all about being switched on & having the mental ability to tell yourself if I give 100% no matter how good the opposition , I give my team a good chance of winning .Times that by 18 (24) & you have a winning formula. Geelong have a good team but what makes them a great team is their ability to work hard for each other so that they know when their under the pump that there's always gunna be someone there to help them out. I really think we can beat the filth if we play to our potential & go in with the the right frame of mind.

starsign
Club Player

The Pies will be all fired up and we have to be even more fired up I recon
You watch the stirring they get from all corners of the media during the week in the lead up, and whats the bet Mick will come out publicly with a Big Statement as usual in the press
They seem to have the habit of lifting when the acid is really on too, and there will be a huge crowd ....the biggest quite a few of our young blokes will have ever played in front of no doubt

And not to forget that somehow they did a job on the Cats

But surely we couldnt miss so many sitters as we did when they beat us by 9 points at the Dome, and surely they won't kick 3 seemingly impossible ones out of their fundamental orifices again.....or could we and will they??

and a Saturday winters night at the G could see the elements playing a vital part as well!

Its going to be HUGE , lets hope we can stand tall and not get overawed by the big stage and possibly put a nail in their coffin

yipper
SS Life Member

Possibly the biggest game StKilda will play since GT had us on the brink in 04,05'. The conditions will unfortunately be damp, who this favours I'm not sure.

Malthouse has a habit of getting his team up for important games. So this will test us. Need another strong body in to replace Ball if he is out. Maybe Birss or Armo, I'd go Birss. King was poor in the ruck yesterday - so maybe MG in for him. Otherwise keep changes down to a minimum. Although we want Max back in a.s.a.p. I expect a crowd of 65k plus and the heat will be on right from the start. It will be a fierce contest. Let's hope we can get on top early - we need our 2nd half against the Hawks form for this one.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.