Luke Ball Serious Injury

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kos
Club Player

DAVID ARMITAGE your time has come.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

kos wrote:DAVID ARMITAGE your time has come.
Surely Birss will get a recall ahead of Armo?

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

degruch wrote:
you would think so

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
hotdish
Club Player

degruch wrote:
Surely RL should look long-term and select Armo ahead of Birss, or Baker or whoever...

We've gotten back into the 8 on the back of Eddy, Armo, Allen, Mini etc being given game time.

Stick with the young kids and give Armo,Steven some game time. Put Gram into midfield full time and maybe S Fisher, and bring another backmen in...

No Birss!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

fonz_#15 wrote:
degruch wrote:
you would think so
Yep I agree. Armo's body may have had enough this year. In order to come in in the midfield next week would be Birss, X, Bakes then Armo.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

terrible news for bally.

but crisis creates opportunity. chance for a kid to step up

degruch
Saintsational Legend

hotdish wrote:
degruch wrote:
Surely RL should look long-term and select Armo ahead of Birss, or Baker or whoever...

We've gotten back into the 8 on the back of Eddy, Armo, Allen, Mini etc being given game time.

Stick with the young kids and give Armo,Steven some game time. Put Gram into midfield full time and maybe S Fisher, and bring another backmen in...

No Birss!
I hope you're wrong...Armo hasn't contributed anywhere near as much as the others listed. Wouldn't put Steven near the game this year...him and Armo still have development.

RedWhiteBlack
Club Player

I've heard it's just a corkie guys. Bally will be just fine :)

degruch
Saintsational Legend

RedWhiteBlack wrote:I've heard it's just a corkie guys. Bally will be just fine :)
Corkie??? His leg just about did a 360!!!

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

hotdish wrote:
degruch wrote:

No Birss!
Geary was poor..
so bring in Birss to play on Shaw.

Armo is an inise mid...so bring him in for Ball. with Ball out he can get more time actually on the ball.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Griggsy
SS Life Member

Didnt want to start a new thread for what could be nothing but, when driving the commentators on the radio said Harvey was down, and said its a disgrace the umpire didnt stop the game to get him off, which made me worry. But then i reached my destination so i dont know what the incident was or if he was fine...fill me in pls :)

Solar
Saintsational Legend

WOW

down the other end in the social club area we were either guessing ACL or broken leg, his leg went around 180 and was close to twisting off....

Incrediable if there is nothing broken. He is young enough to get back with his hamstring. Remember he was never fast to begin with. Fish came back from similar so it's not all doom and gloom.

Looked horrible live

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
donthglfa
Club Player

What about Baker?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Griggsy wrote:Didnt want to start a new thread for what could be nothing but, when driving the commentators on the radio said Harvey was down, and said its a disgrace the umpire didnt stop the game to get him off, which made me worry. But then i reached my destination so i dont know what the incident was or if he was fine...fill me in pls :)
Did not see it...but harvey came back o in the last quarter.

However Harvey was being tackled...the ball spilt and so my eyes followed it. So I would guess the tackler drove or hurled him into the ground?????

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Solar
Saintsational Legend

Griggsy wrote:Didnt want to start a new thread for what could be nothing but, when driving the commentators on the radio said Harvey was down, and said its a disgrace the umpire didnt stop the game to get him off, which made me worry. But then i reached my destination so i dont know what the incident was or if he was fine...fill me in pls :)
was swung in the tackle, got his boot to the ball but got a shoulder to the head which knocked him out for 10 - 20 seconds. Was helped up by trainers and had wobbly legs. Umpire stopped the game for 20 seconds but re-started it and the ball went up the wing to where he was being helped off.

technically since the stretcher wasn't on they can't stop the game but some common sense.

You should have seen how many doctors where screaming and yelling for the two trainers to get bally off the ground to get another player on.

FQF
In richo I trust

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

Happened at least twice with Harvey and then with Ball.

In Harvey's case the ball came close to him as he was been helped off. Just utter stupidity.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Gabba wrote:i'm not having a go at his courage but im still confused as to why he needed to run into that pack when Kosi was going up. He should've just roved front and centre.

Terrible news....
Not laying blame here.................but Kosi could have shielded his opponent in a blocking action thus shielding the oncoming L.Ball
(Kosi does not have good vision at the best of times though) and appeared to not have seen the oncoming Luke Ball

bit of freak thing the way his leg shot back..........

just maybe though Kosi could have shielded him a bit from the hit of the pack.

Very sad.
Last edited by chook23 on Sun 03 Aug 2008 8:16pm, edited 1 time in total.

saint4life
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

He was thrown to the ground in a tackle. The umpire held the game up for a kick in when it looked like he would need a stretcher. He didn't. He was helped from the ground by trainers but his legs were buckling. The umpire continued to hold the game up, which was wrong. Harvey eventually came off the ground whilst the game continued. They should have used the stretcher.

He came back on but probably should not have, but we were down on numbers - and you know Harvs!

Gabba
SS Hall of Fame

Solar wrote:Remember he was never fast to begin with.
Before his OP he was faster than Judd...

Solar
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:
He was thrown to the ground in a tackle. The umpire held the game up ofr a kick in when it looked like he would need a stretcher. He didn't. He was helped from the ground by trainers but his legs were buckling. The umpire continued to hold the game up, which was wrong. Harvey eventually came off the ground whilst the game continued. They should have used the stretcher.

He came back on but probably should not have, but we were down on numbers - and you know Harvs!
disagree

stretcher didn't come out because they weren't sure if he would come back, but must have passed the test. Came back to be important in the last

FQF
In richo I trust

sainters man
Club Player

Rossy Lyon said the trainers recon its a bad corkie and luke just recons he is sore. So hopefully he is ok!

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Nathan burke, luke ball = club champions.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
perfectionist wrote:
He was thrown to the ground in a tackle. The umpire held the game up ofr a kick in when it looked like he would need a stretcher. He didn't. He was helped from the ground by trainers but his legs were buckling. The umpire continued to hold the game up, which was wrong. Harvey eventually came off the ground whilst the game continued. They should have used the stretcher.

disagree

stretcher didn't come out because they weren't sure if he would come back, but must have passed the test. Came back to be important in the last
Dumb decision by our trainers to bring Harvs off without a strecher same as not bringing Bally straight off the ground. A man short on both occasions. Our trainers need to be smarter than that.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

harvey I thought had his season/career ended, but came on and took a mark and had a couple of kicks at the end.

tbh at that stage I thought the game was gone along with harvey and our season...

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Washedup
Club Player

hotdish wrote:
degruch wrote:

We've gotten back into the 8 on the back of Eddy, Armo, Allen, Mini etc being given game time

We need to play whoever DESERVES a game in the ones next week. Birss should never have been dropped, and since he has gone back to Casey, he seems to be in the best every week, yet for some unknown reason never gets the call up. When we played the Pies earlier in the year he took Heath Shaw to the cleaners, so i would expect him to come in and do the same role again next week. We all want Armo to become a great player, alot due to our lack of quality youngsters coming through in the last 3-4 years. He does show some signs of a junior Luke Ball, but he just doesn't get his hands on the pill enough to warrant the accolades that he gets on this site. IMO Birss has definitely earnt his spot in the team next week, but i'm amazed it's taken so long for him to get back in