Tom Wills round jumper

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

esaint66
SS Life Member

Tom Wills round jumper

Next round being Tom Wills round celebrating the 150th year of football and all of the teams wear replica jumpers of our original jumpers.

Ours (as you all know) is the candy striped one and that would be easy enough to wear, except we are playing Collingwood :roll: :roll: :roll:

Will we end up wearing our original jumper (because i remember we played aginst them in 1996 with a black based one) ???

Will we wear our sh1tty 'apron' like last year ???

Have we announced what we will be wearing ???

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Very interesting point, I will be very pissed if we miss out on another heritage round because of the pies...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

As far as I know, it's not a whole heritage round as per previous years.

I hope we can wear the slab jumper, doubtful though, we'll be wearing the clash strip.

Moorabbin Saints
Club Player

What a perfect opportunity to scrap the white crap and play in a new heritage jumper!

We should wear this, wore it from 1919 to 1922, even if we change the yellow to white.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Stopped being fashionable in 1922 - don't dig it up!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
degruch
Saintsational Legend

You found that at Ed Harry Menswear, didn't you?

esaint66
SS Life Member

I think both teams should wear what they wore in the 1996 Centenary re-ennactment round.
(except our jumper should be minus the laces as the original didn't have them.)
Collingwood
St Kilda

I like it because it is the Tri colour brand ... IT"S OURS !!!

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

The Pies will NOT and I repeat NOT be participating in herritage round.

There sooky la la cry baby tantys that "We wear the jumper we have and nothing else wah wah wah" would mean nothing if they played in an alternative strip and the powers that be will let them get away with it.

Yet another celebration we will miss out on because of the Filth

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
esaint66
SS Life Member

Hurricane wrote:The Pies will NOT and I repeat NOT be participating in herritage round.

There sooky la la cry baby tantys that "We wear the jumper we have and nothing else wah wah wah" would mean nothing if they played in an alternative strip and the powers that be will let them get away with it.

Yet another celebration we will miss out on because of the Filth

BANG BANG

It p1sses me off soooo much that the AFL lets them get away with it :evil: :evil: :evil:

When we looke back on this round we will look like a team that doesn't think that 150 years of the game is a big milestone and we didn't want to particpate :evil: :evil: :evil:

Moorabbin Saints
Club Player

Another idea - shouldn't we wear the jumper we wore against Port in Tassie a few years ago? With the red, white and black back it should erase the clash. They only played in a jumper which was reversed earlier this year and we can claim we're doing the same at our away game!

Edit - Heres a pic. It's bloody perfect. No clash whatsoever.

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

I think we wore this against Geelong in 2004. Not a bad option.

I am sure we will be stuck with the current clash jumper though.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

its a jumper if we win i dont care what they wear heck we could wear yellow and green polkadots on a fluro orange base for all i care as long as we win and get the 4 points

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
RedWhiteBlack
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:its a jumper if we win i dont care what they wear heck we could wear yellow and green polkadots on a fluro orange base for all i care as long as we win and get the 4 points
Except that would clash with Freo ;)

ThePunter
Club Player

As far as I know, there will be no Heritage jumpers worn this weekend. That is why the Doggies wore older jumpers against Carlton.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

wot was with the crap bummer jumper they wore on the weekend....yellow armband on one arm ffs?????

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Selhurst Saint
Club Player

stinger wrote:wot was with the crap bummer jumper they wore on the weekend....yellow armband on one arm ffs?????
The yellow strip should have gone straight down their spine.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

The yellow armband was for National Cancer Day or something to that effect.

Given that one of their leaders and senior players has beaten cancer on two occasions, im sure they feel fairly strongly about this cause.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:The yellow armband was for National Cancer Day or something to that effect.

Given that one of their leaders and senior players has beaten cancer on two occasions, im sure they feel fairly strongly about this cause.
The jumper piping was neccesary as the AFL have refused them permission twice to wear armbands.

Apparently you have to be a AFL-approved disease to wear coloured armbands :roll:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintm
Club Player

ThePunter wrote:As far as I know, there will be no Heritage jumpers worn this weekend. That is why the Doggies wore older jumpers against Carlton.
Think that was as a tribute to Ted Whitten who would have turned 75 in the days surrounding that match had he been alive.

Furphy
Club Player

Moorabbin Saints wrote:What a perfect opportunity to scrap the white crap and play in a new heritage jumper!

We should wear this, wore it from 1919 to 1922, even if we change the yellow to white.

The black, yellow and red jumper was actually initiated during WWI, (1915) becuase our traditional colours were the same as the German flag at the time. We decided to adopt the colours of "Gallant Belgium". The colours saw little use as most teams (including St.Kilda) dropped out of the competition for two years. We resumed with black, white and red in 1918.

esaint66
SS Life Member

As thepunter has said many teams have opted not to wear the jumper or something of that order ... the Hawks, Lions, Blues and Power wern't wearing one so i wouldn't say we would wear one either, maybe just the Dees and the Cats

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

FFS Furphy change your stupid AV,

and we wore that clash jumper against them!

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
esaint66
SS Life Member

Why can't we wear a clash jumper that actually has our colors on it ??? :| :| :|

Furphy
Club Player

saintdooley wrote:FFS Furphy change your stupid AV,

and we wore that clash jumper against them!
Got a problem with elephants? I'm more concerned about making the eight! Can someone send those ridiculous "clash" jumpers back to that American basketball team?